Sequels Rumor Josh Holloway could be Gambit for X-Men 4

Ghostrider87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Lost's Sawyer Up For Role in X-men 4

Monday, November 27, 2006
josh-holloway.jpg

In a recent interview with IESB, producer Lauren Schuler Donner revealed her pick to play Gambit in the next X-Men movie: Josh Holloway.
Holloway is best known to audiences as televisions Sawyer on ABC's hit show Lost. Rumors of the actor playing Gambit have been circling around the Internet for months, largely due to his striking resemblance to the comic book character.
Many X-men fans have been hoping Gambit would make the transformation to the big screen since the original film. Now it seems Gambit will finally come to life in X-men 4, which hasn't been officialy announced yet.
"The reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like WOLVERINE," revealed Donner. "In that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others."
Another posable reason for the popular characters inclusion is the rumor that many of the franchises main draws will not be returning for a fourth film. This likely includes Halle Berry (Storm), Ian McKellen (Magneto) and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine).
Jackman, however, will be back as Wolverine in a movie spin-off slated for 2008.

http://www.comicbookmovies.com/news/00001.shtml

I have read him saying also in the interview that he would like to play a super hero and wear the tights and cape. He would get two of those three but not the cape because Gambit wears a long leather trench coat.

I think this has been posted before, but thanks for the info.

If you ask me he needs to shave. I would rather see a clean shaven Gambit then the scruffy because that's more for Wolverine not Gambit.

Can we just skip it altogether? I guarantee movie-Gambit is going to be every bit as shallow, pointless, and annoying as the comic version.

Can we just skip it altogether? I guarantee movie-Gambit is going to be every bit as shallow, pointless, and annoying as the comic version.

No he is none of those things from his comic version. Sounds like someone is bitter Gambit can actually controll his emotions deal with frustration, and negative things while Wolverine either goes into beserk rages or throws fits. Does Wolverine want some candy?:woot:

No he is none of those things from his comic version. Sounds like someone is bitter Gambit can actually controll his emotions deal with frustration, and negative things while Wolverine either goes into beserk rages or throws fits. Does Wolverine want some candy?:woot:

Why the hell would I care about Wolverine? Gambit just sucks as a character.

Why the hell would I care about Wolverine? Gambit just sucks as a character.

No he doesn't. You want someone that sucks as a character it's Aquaman. He is seriously the Bucs of Aquaman he has made abo****ly terribe an art and has often been the subject of mockery.
Gambit is the man and you are just a Gambit hater.

No he doesn't. You want someone that sucks as a character it's Aquaman. He is seriously the Bucs of Aquaman he has made abo****ly terribe an art and has often been the subject of mockery.
Gambit is the man and you are just a Gambit hater.

While Aquaman is indeed lame, it doesn't change the fact that in almost 20 years Gambit still has all the depth of a rain puddle. Seriously, if you want something more than soap-opera angst and Cajun stereotypes, Gambit isn't who you're looking for

Gambit is the one of the best you got a problem with that then don't see X-Men 4 and get the hell out of this thread.

Can he speak with a French accent? If that's the case I can see him as Gambit... but not with his Sawyer's voice.

While Aquaman is indeed lame, it doesn't change the fact that in almost 20 years Gambit still has all the depth of a rain puddle. Seriously, if you want something more than soap-opera angst and Cajun stereotypes, Gambit isn't who you're looking for

I think you're letting these new writers screw up your perception of Gambit. You said you liked him better in the Claremont/Lee days. Me too. It's just that some writers today don't know how to handle Gambit. And then we will get a shallow Gambit with no character development.

Right show, wrong actor.

Ian Somerhalder.

'Nuff said.

Do you even know who Gambit is?

Yes. He is nicked name the rajan cajun, gumbo, swamp rat and is famous for having playing cards as his favorite weapon. He also weilds a metal staff. He debuted in Uncanny X-Men was used as one of the main X-Men in X-Men the animated series and was most popular during the mid and late ninties. Soon enough he would become another underuesed character of Marvel but had his own series again in 2004 and now has gone from a servant of Apoacalypse until he was turned back to the way he was and is currently a serving Mr.Sinister.

Can he speak with a French accent? If that's the case I can see him as Gambit... but not with his Sawyer's voice.

I don't know yet but last I checked Gambit is known for a strong cajun southern accent and often uses the cajun language. Chere is dear, momami is friend, mesami is friends.

he'd make a great gambit. gambit is my favorite x-man and he needs to be in the movies.

I don't know yet but last I checked Gambit is known for a strong cajun southern accent and often uses the cajun language. Chere is dear, momami is friend, mesami is friends.

He speaks Cajun French actually. "Mon ami" is 'my friend', "Mes amis" is 'my friends'.

Of course, Cajuns don't actually talk that way, nor are there any Cajuns actually in the city of New Orleans.

Yay inaccurate ethnic stereotypes!

erm..old news. and supposedly he turned down the role in X3 because he felt the character was too similar to Sawyer.:huh:

erm..old news. and supposedly he turned down the role in X3 because he felt the character was too similar to Sawyer.:huh:

Newsflash this is was from 2006 and for X-Men 4 not X-Men 3.:o Also when I did I google for Marvel Gambit I saw another part of the interview that he would like to play a super hero and wear the tights and cape. He can get the two of three just not the cape because Gambit wears a long leather trenchcoat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"