Sequels Rumor Josh Holloway could be Gambit for X-Men 4

I'd say more.... Josh isn't Gambit. Hehe. I undertand some users like him, but for me, he wouldn't be a perfect casting choice, either a great one, or a good one...

What do you mean? There's no set age for the movie adaptations. Besides, comic Gambit is easily in his 30's.

No there isn't but i think 36 is too old to play Gambit. Especially if he would have been cast for more then one movie. By the time X- 5 came out he'd be at least 40. I think movie Gambit should be between 24 and 26. Not too old and not too young. Is comic Gambit really in his early 30's? I'd say he's in his late 20's right now.

No there isn't but i think 36 is too old to play Gambit. Especially if he would have been cast for more then one movie. By the time X- 5 came out he'd be at least 40. I think movie Gambit should be between 24 and 26.

I hate the idea of a young Gambit. Especially because of all it leads to: no guile, lots of teen-angst and drama, no worldliness, faux-shadiness, stupid prettyboy looks, and a cliched heart of gold(tm).

Basically everything he's become in the comics(ugh, no wonder he's a C-lister these days)

Not too old and not too young. Is comic Gambit really in his early 30's? I'd say he's in his late 20's right now.

Comic-Gambit is about the same age as Cyke. 31-33 years old.

I want movie Gambit to be in his mid-20's. I just don't think an older Gambit would fit into the movie frame.

I want movie Gambit to be in his mid-20's. I just don't think an older Gambit would fit into the movie frame.

So you want someone 23-25? If they bring in Gambit then bring in Mr.Sinister and the Nasty Boyz.

So you want someone 23-25? If they bring in Gambit then bring in Mr.Sinister and the Nasty Boyz.
Yep, that's pretty much the age I'd like for him. The actor doesn't have to be exactly that age - I want 29-year old Ian Somerhalder - but that's the age of the character for most of my script. And I would like to introduce Sinister, preparing for Apocalypse in X5. :cwink:

Yep, that's pretty much the age I'd like for him. The actor doesn't have to be exactly that age - I want 29-year old Ian Somerhalder - but that's the age of the character for most of my script. And I would like to introduce Sinister, preparing for Apocalypse in X5. :cwink:

I am guessing you are a woman.

I could see Cillian Murphy the flamboyant leader of the Nasty Boys Ruckus.

I am guessing you are a woman.
I'm guessing you think you're superior to "silly women" who happen to be over half the population - a population this movie is supposed to attract as much of as possible. Sorry, but I think your sexism is more embarrassing than my gender.

I'm guessing you think you're superior to "silly women" who happen to be over half the population - a population this movie is supposed to attract as much of as possible. Sorry, but I think your sexism is more embarrassing than my gender.

No I don't think I am superior to silly women. I said that because of your avy and your username.

No I don't think I am superior to silly women. I said that because of your avy and your username.
Why point it out that way? In the middle of a nice debate about how Gambit should be portrayed, you ask "I'm guessing you're a woman"? It sounds like you're looking down on women. If you meant no harm by it and were just asking out of curiosity, then I'm sorry I misjudged you, and it could help you in the future to watch yourself a little to prevent misunderstandings like that, lol. :cwink:

Why point it out that way? In the middle of a nice debate about how Gambit should be portrayed, you ask "I'm guessing you're a woman"? It sounds like you're looking down on women. If you meant no harm by it and were just asking out of curiosity, then I'm sorry I misjudged you, and it could help you in the future to watch yourself a little to prevent misunderstandings like that, lol. :cwink:

Ok next time I will say are you a woman? It's part of my fault for the misunderstanding.
Back to the rajun cajun Gambit would need another actor like Tobey Maguire that has proven himself but still is a unknown and not a household name.
Now on the appearnce for face I want him to be a clean shaven. Why because I am use to him seeing as a clean shaven and the fact Wolverine has already made famous the whole beard so I don't want new comers thinking ok he is just trying to rip off Wolverine's style. As for the hair I am saying even length to his shoulders like he was shown on the last cover of X-Men.

Ok next time I will say are you a woman? It's part of my fault for the misunderstanding.
Back to the rajun cajun Gambit would need another actor like Tobey Maguire that has proven himself but still is a unknown and not a household name.
Now on the appearnce for face I want him to be a clean shaven. Why because I am use to him seeing as a clean shaven and the fact Wolverine has already made famous the whole beard so I don't want new comers thinking ok he is just trying to rip off Wolverine's style. As for the hair I am saying even length to his shoulders like he was shown on the last cover of X-Men.
I think he should be unshaven. Wolverine had big, bushy sideburns, but he was mostly cleanshaven. I think his hair should long enough to hang a little - make it look like he hasn't gotten it cut in a while. I want him to come into the Mansion fresh off the streets. I want the actor to be naturally sexy like Ian is, but I don't want his hair to accentuate that. I don't want someone to be living on the street with a $3,000 haircut. :oldrazz:

I think he should be unshaven. Wolverine had big, bushy sideburns, but he was mostly cleanshaven. I think his hair should long enough to hang a little - make it look like he hasn't gotten it cut in a while. I want him to come into the Mansion fresh off the streets. I want the actor to be naturally sexy like Ian is, but I don't want his hair to accentuate that. I don't want someone to be living on the street with a $3,000 haircut. :oldrazz:

The only way he could get a 3,000 haircut while being a orphan on the street is steal the money from people because he is a thief. He should steal from a rich snob self centered and greedy like Scrooge I would enjoy that.

The only way he could get a 3,000 haircut while being a orphan on the street is steal the money from people because he is a thief. He should steal from a rich snob self centered and greedy like Scrooge I would enjoy that.
Steal from the rich, give expensive haircuts to the poor? XD

Nah, Gambit strikes me more as somebody who doesn't really care to cut his hair very often. I just want a naturally sexy guy who isn't a pretty boy. I'm surprised you don't agree :oldrazz:

Why point it out that way? In the middle of a nice debate about how Gambit should be portrayed, you ask "I'm guessing you're a woman"?

:o:whatever:
It happens all the time. People just aren't sure.

Nah, Gambit strikes me more as somebody who doesn't really care to cut his hair very often. I just want a naturally sexy guy who is
n't a pretty boy. I'm surprised you don't agree :oldrazz:

I am saying for the haircut. As far as giving I would like him to see giving the poor food, and money to help them get out of their situations. Officially it would be showing the part of him being a humanitarian which Gambit was better at than Wolverineyou look at X-Men animated series Night of the Sentinels part 1 Cyclops makes the decision it's to dangerous to stay and fight Sentienels. When they get back to the base Wolverine takes out his frustration to leave Morph behind and not continue to fight the Sentienels by punching Cyclops in the stomach. Officially Jean Grey tells them to stop and that Beast is still alive but not Morph, Gambit then puts his hand on his shoulder and says he's gone momami Wolverine then walks off fast and expectedly goes on a beserk rage.

I am saying for the haircut. As far as giving I would like him to see giving the poor food, and money to help them get out of their situations. Officially it would be showing the part of him being a humanitarian which Gambit was better at than Wolverineyou look at X-Men animated series Night of the Sentinels part 1 Cyclops makes the decision it's to dangerous to stay and fight Sentienels. When they get back to the base Wolverine takes out his frustration to leave Morph behind and not continue to fight the Sentienels by punching Cyclops in the stomach. Officially Jean Grey tells them to stop and that Beast is still alive but not Morph, Gambit then puts his hand on his shoulder and says he's gone momami Wolverine then walks off fast and expectedly goes on a beserk rage.

Gambit's always had a selfish streak a mile wide. He's not really the "Steal from the rich and give to the poor" type nor has he ever been. In fact, thats part of what led to the Morlock Massacre.

Nah, Gambit strikes me more as somebody who doesn't really care to cut his hair very often. I just want a naturally sexy guy who isn't a pretty boy. I'm surprised you don't agree :oldrazz:

I agree. His hair should be long and scruffy and he shoudln't be clean cut at all. He definitely needs facial hair too. I don't want some Bold and the beautiful's Rich type of guy.
His outfit should be black. He's a thief and he's stealthy so he'll want to wear black. He should have a brown or black trench and he should also wear a headband.

I agree. His hair should be long and scruffy and he shoudln't be clean cut at all. He definitely needs facial hair too. I don't want some Bold and the beautiful's Rich type of guy.
His outfit should be black. He's a thief and he's stealthy so he'll want to wear black. He should have a brown or black trench and he should also wear a headband.
I agree with most of what you said. I picture his usual outfit as a black shirt, loose jeans, and his brown trench coat. I wasn't thinking headband, but I wouldn't have a big problem with it unless it was the face-framing one he wears in the comics. It looks fine on a comic character, but I've seen manips - some very, very well-done - putting it on a real person, and it looks awful. When he's suited up, I want it to be a lot like Cyclops' outfit in X2: the X-uniform (purple piping on Gambit's) and a black trench.

Gambit's always had a selfish streak a mile wide. He's not really the "Steal from the rich and give to the poor" type nor has he ever been. In fact, thats part of what led to the Morlock Massacre.

That's true. Movie Gambit would probably team up with the X-men or join them. I want him to do it for his own selfish reasons. Not because he's trying to redeem himself. Unless they use the morlock massacre story line. That could be a turning point for Gambit.

That's true. Movie Gambit would probably team up with the X-men or join them. I want him to do it for his own selfish reasons. Not because he's trying to redeem himself. Unless they use the morlock massacre story line. That could be a turning point for Gambit.
I'm going Mutant Massacre, and a bit of chance, leading him to join the X-Men.

If you go that way, the movie execs would be right in keeping him out because of similarities to Wolverine. One of their biggest differences is that Wolverine is a moral person who regrets the crap he did in the past while Gambit isn't(or wasn't until they made him into one and everyone lost interest in the character).

Officially then Mr.Sinister more than likely would be taking over as the Supervillain and we could see rajun cajun getting shunned out along with having his powers abilties out of control then go to the evil insane genecist Mr.Sinister for help.

Officially then Mr.Sinister more than likely would be taking over as the Supervillain and we could see rajun cajun getting shunned out along with having his powers abilties out of control then go to the evil insane genecist Mr.Sinister for help.
My brain short-circuited trying to follow that :huh: :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"