• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rumored: Irrfan Khan to return as a main baddie in "Amazing Spider-Man 3."

I'd say it might be more likely that the Chameleon shows up disguised as Ratha, rather then Ratha actually being the chameleon the whole time

I'd still say the really Ratha from the first movie is dead...

I could see that happening, good thinking :up:

Guys, he's f***ing dead! He was a plot device to get Connors to take the serum. Dr Ratha is certainly dead but notice the headline only said "Irrfan Khan" so the actor may return playing a different character!

If Irfan Kahn can return then it logically follows that Emma Stone has been recast as MJ.

This whole day is just full of news and it is slightly overwhelming.

Would it be advantageous to pull an IM3 in this franchise and completely change or rework a villain just to keep things fresher with some surprises? What if Khan was Octopus? Being serious here. Why not rework the origins completely and keep audiences dumbfounded? Fanboys would hate it, but could it help box office?

I think IM3 would have been fine had we gotten real Mandarin regardless, but just hypothesizing some alternatives.

The difference between Khan as Doc Ock and the Mandarin is the Mandarin wasn't a well known villain. People know Doc Ock from Spidey 2. Best to pick a different villain.

You can't make assumptions based on a deleted scene.
If they want to bring back Khan there is nothing whatsoever stopping them.

The difference between Khan as Doc Ock and the Mandarin is the Mandarin wasn't a well known villain. People know Doc Ock from Spidey 2. Best to pick a different villain.

That's why I feel Khan would be a better fit for Chameleon. Heck, he could disguise himself as several dead people: Ratha, Uncle Ben, and Norman Osborn just to screw with Peter's head.

Khan, Khan, Khan, Khan, Khan is Chameleon. :cwink:

Seems most likely, since he's dead.

Waltz for Doc Ock, anyone else falls short.

How can he be Ben's killer?The killer was a white guy in his 30's that looked like he came from a biker bar.

I could see that happening, good thinking :up:

Guys, he's f***ing dead! He was a plot device to get Connors to take the serum. Dr Ratha is certainly dead but notice the headline only said "Irrfan Khan" so the actor may return playing a different character!

When did he die? When his limo fell and his face smashed against the glass of the window? That was the last time we saw him after all.

My theory, which I am about 97% sure is true is that he is the Chameleon, working with Mysterio, he impersonated Gwen and Mysterio cast an illusion of the Green Goblin. The entire GG sequence in TASM2 was Mysterio's illusion, all orchestrated by Norman Osborn to mess with Peter!

I'd say it might be more likely that the Chameleon shows up disguised as Ratha, rather then Ratha actually being the chameleon the whole time

I'd still say the really Ratha from the first movie is dead...

:up:

I view Chameleon as an A-list villain. He definitely can be the main villain in TASM.

When did he die? When his limo fell and his face smashed against the glass of the window? That was the last time we saw him after all.

My theory, which I am about 97% sure is true is that he is the Chameleon, working with Mysterio, he impersonated Gwen and Mysterio cast an illusion of the Green Goblin. The entire GG sequence in TASM2 was Mysterio's illusion, all orchestrated by Norman Osborn to mess with Peter!

Actually, haha that would be kinda cool.

The viral (which is cannon as far as we know) said he was dead.

You can't be 97% sure of something if there is no evidence. Thete absolutly no hint in ASM2 that the final sequence was an illusion.

The viral (which is cannon as far as we know) said he was dead.

You can't be 97% sure of something if there is no evidence. Thete absolutly no hint in ASM2 that the final sequence was an illusion.

What viral? If it wasn't in the movie, it doesn't count. That's like all the defenses about plot holes in Star Wars episode 1-3 being answered in supplementary books.

And yes I would actually bump it up to 98% certainty. All the evidence is in the movie. Expect to see Chameleon revealed to have been impersonating Osborn w/ Mysterio orchestrating an elaborate illusion. Also, the man in the shadows is Richard Parker back for revenge on his son.

What viral? If it wasn't in the movie, it doesn't count. That's like all the defenses about plot holes in Star Wars episode 1-3 being answered in supplementary books.

And yes I would actually bump it up to 98% certainty. All the evidence is in the movie. Expect to see Chameleon revealed to have been impersonating Osborn w/ Mysterio orchestrating an elaborate illusion. Also, the man in the shadows is Richard Parker back for revenge on his son.

Agree to disagree.

Right but I asked for evidence. There must be overwhelming amount of it to be a near 100% certainty. I don't even recall a direct Mysterio reference. Man In The Shadows is Gustav Fiers not Richard. Richard Parker is,
A) Dead
B) In his recordings he mentions that Oscorp was selling his research to a military organisation (led by Gustav Fiers).

How can he be Ben's killer?The killer was a white guy in his 30's that looked like he came from a biker bar.
Lol. This.

Agree to disagree.

Right but I asked for evidence. There must be overwhelming amount of it to be a near 100% certainty. I don't even recall a direct Mysterio reference. Man In The Shadows is Gustav Fiers not Richard. Richard Parker is,
A) Dead
B) In his recordings he mentions that Oscorp was selling his research to a military organisation (led by Gustav Fiers).
I was under this impression, too.

What if he comes back pissed?

The Wrath of Irrfan Khaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Really though I want him back--he was memorable in part 1.

it's unexpected, and you know the big movie rule: if it's unexpected, it is automatically good

this franchise definitely could use that sweet Mandarin sauce :o

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not but that would probably get people to hate on the TASM series even more; the way they handled Mandarin in IM3 was clever to some extent but also pathetic too. If you want to do something like that then do it the way that BB handled Ra's Al Ghul so that people aren't given the chance to ridicule the 'plot twist'.

They need to move on from Dr Ratha's character; he's dead and bringing him back to life, either as Chameleon or Mysterio, would be silly.

If this turns out to be any truth to it, I think he will turn out to be Mysterio. Think about it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"