Salt

i just think that Jolie has lost that 'bad girl' edge that she had 10 years ago. I just don't buy her as an action heroine anymore.

She can still hold her own in an action movie IMO however i'm not really impressed with what's on show in the Salt teaser.:o

I'm so confused... is she a spy or not? But on the action, most of it looked like a stuntwoman. I thought they were going for a serious take with this.

it looks as serious as the jason bourne movies imo which is good

what i expected. no camera angles and lighting could change it. the fact that she is super skinny. sorry doesnt work. when Angelina was in shape for tomb raided it was very fun to watch her doing action. but as a skeleton i dont feel it.

people dont have problem buying into mila

I actually thought the trailer (and Jolie in it), looked great. Regardless of whether it was a stunt woman or not the action looked good. And with Jolie, I can buy her doing action. Besides its not like she's picking up tractor trailer over her head. Some kung fu and jumping out of moving vehicles I can suspend disbelief for.

Trailer looks okay.

Angelina Jolie looks less than okay. Whoever was in charge of catering on that film set should have held her down and forced a few dozen Big Macs down her throat and washed those down with at least ten full-fat milkshakes.

It was hard enough to believe Keira Knightley (sp?) as a credible "warrior woman" in King Arthur and to a lesser extent in the POTC, not to mention Angelina Jolie as Fox in "Wanted", but it's damn near impossible to see Angelina Jolie as a credible physical threat in this film when she looks like she'd snap in two if you looked at her the wrong way. She's just too skinny to be a credible action heroine (IMHO).

All the stuff with her stunt double looks fine. Apart from a somewhat dubious premise, the rest of the film looks fine as well. I just wish Angelina Jolie would put throw the kids into a mini-van and start hitting some fast food drive-throughs a bit more often.

Still looking forward to the film though. And yes, mega-Lucy Lawless/Xena look-alike post dye job with the fringe/bangs. They should have just cast Lucy Lawless as "Salt" for all the post-dye scenes - at least she still has some flesh covering her skeleton.

Cheers.
Id say Lawless could snap Jolie like a twig or even better Jennifer ANisten breaks her face one day.

yeah, not really following how Lawless and Aniston are on the same playing field. :huh:

I thought it looked fun.... a female Bourne movie...But the title sounds unappealing

I wonder if this movie will begin with Jolie's character monologuing about how what the audience is about to see may or may not be true and to take it all with a pinch of...

<EPIC TITLE DROP>

...SALT

:cool:

Saw the teaser I love it, as a a]Angie fan I'n glad she's looking great.

I wouldn't say appalling, but very uninteresting and dull.

joliesalty.jpg

I still giggle knowing that in Russian, the title looks like "COAT"!!!

The poster is lame and so is the name but the movie looks like fun. Hopefully Jolie isn't going to be playing that lame cartoon character that she usually plays in action movies.

It'd help if her head wasn't completely off-center!

i just think that Jolie has lost that 'bad girl' edge that she had 10 years ago. I just don't buy her as an action heroine anymore.
This is late but what the hell?

Eventhough she is still too skinny (she looked sick in Wanted) I still think that she is the most convincing female action star.

I just hate or don't care for the action movies that she has played in. She is a talented actress but I hate that 1 deminsional sexpot character that she has played in all of her action movies. Heres hoping that "Salt" is different.

If there's a sequel, she needs to go up against another super-spy named . . . .Pepper!

That blantant Bourne rip-off car fall pisses me off. The rest of it looks generic, but not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"