Salt

That Kurt Wimmer wrote Ultraviolet as well, I think he could do a decent job with WW.

:huh:
of all the better films he's wrote... you think writing Ultraviolet qualifies him for WW? lmao

I thought it was a great movie. Realisitic, surprising reveals, great action. Hope it does good enough to warrant a sequel.

One part made me sorta laugh i dont know if it was on purpose or not (but it was freakin awkward)... it was a cool scene with angelina jolie throwing grenades ruined by a chorus singing what sounds like "Salt!..Salty!" very epic-ly... and later i find out the score was by the great james newton howard... wtf moment of the year.

:funny: The way you described it I got a flashback of Queen's "Flash Ah-ahhh, savior of the universe". Was it something like that?

This was a lot better than I expected. A solid film, thanks mostly to Jolie's performance, the quick pace, the action sequences and camera work.

So far 3 in here have seen it and apparently the film is unrealistic and realistic, as well has having horribly shot action with great camera work. :funny:

i'm sold. hope to go see this sometime soon

Yes there was a bike chase. And while there are some things in the movie that werent that realisitc, there were still plenty. The fight sceness werent over the top, the beginning of hte movie certainly couldve been real with what has recently come out in the news.

Last edited:
It's more of an extended chase scene that involved a bike.

And I agree with Primal Slayer on the first half of the movie.

Cool, was the other part of the chase scene the snipers shooting at her as she scaled across the building?

I saw this during a screening early in the week and thought it was really good. Angelina Jolie is a baaaaaaaaaaad bad *****! There is NO other actress that can pull off the dual dramatic/action chops that she has... Milla maybe comes closest?

It's a good summer blockbuster, and the twists in the movie were worthwhile. I was really surprised to find out who Salt really was, because the trailers painted a different story in my mind.

Anyway, it's definitely worth a watch... it's a good popcorn flick and solidifies Jolie's bankability and star power.

I enjoyed it a bit...but, like spill.com's review, most of it was nothing new.

If there was any confusion before, I think after this, Jolie is Hollywood's biggest female action star right now.

Yes there was a bike chase. And while there are some things in the movie that weren't that realistic, there were still plenty. The fight scenes weren't over the top, the beginning of ht movie certainly could've been real with what has recently come out in the news.

I like they way they handled the first chase scene, whether it's possible or not it came across believable. I thought towards the end it gets over the top but not above anything you would see in a Bourne film. Angelina Jolie usually is frail but she pulled this off and she is a good actress .

Overall, I enjoyed it. I actually think reworking the film for a female lead definitely was a plus, but few could have pulled it off the way Jolie did. Talk about how skinny she's gotten all you want, she sells a fight scene better than most American actresses. The camera work was nicely done, as well, the way it would follow Jolie charging into an opponent.

And dammit if her snapping Winters' neck at the end wasn't one of the best kills I've seen in a movie!

yeah im glad they went with a female (jolie) over a male (tom cruise) ... i think it wouldve been much worse with anyone else.

the scene where [BLACKOUT]they kill her husband right in front of her and she has to emotionally contain herself[/BLACKOUT] just speaks volumes of the kind of actress jolie is... no other chick could pull of a shot like that.

Did anyone else's theater go crazy when [BLACKOUT]at the end she strangled Liev off the banister with her handcuff chains? That was pretty badass..[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Did anyone else's theater went crazy when [BLACKOUT]at the end she strangled Liev off the banister with her handcuffs? That was pretty badass..[/BLACKOUT]

I thought she was going to use the chain to block Liev's knife...man I was wrong. That was the cruelest strangling I've ever seen.

Did anyone else's theater go crazy when [BLACKOUT]at the end she strangled Liev off the banister with her handcuff chains? That was pretty badass..[/BLACKOUT]

MAAAAAAAAN!!!!!! That was some straight-up Red Sonja/Xena Warrior Princess type ****! Straight barbarian with it!!!
:woot:

Saw this film tonight & my god, can Jolie kick ass. She is badass. I freakin love her. I definitely enjoyed the film. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"