Sam Mendez finished with 007, who should take over?

cmacexpress

Civilian
Reaction score
Sa Mendez might be done with the 007 franchise. maybe it needs a fresh new young director. its been working for disney, why wont it work for the 007 franchise? i love to see Jon Favreau give the it a goe... or maybe christopher nolan. but my top pic would be Gareth Edwards, the director of godzilla and the upcoming Rogue One. what do you guys think?

Edwards and Favreau seems very wrong for this. Assume they're looking at people with more artistic backgrounds like Mendes.

Some ideas:

- Joe Wright
- Steven Knight
- Tom Hooper
- Denis Villeneuve (he's expressed interest)

Maybe a more recognizable choice like Alfonso Cuaron…

My pick if he weren't so busy: Cary Fukunaga.

Oh my gosh yes to Joe wright. Hanna is pretty much what you're looking for with Bond. Yes go with him!

Christopher Nolan hands down the snow fortress in inception was pure james bond
inception-0744-full.jpg

Anyone who's really passionate about it. If that means someone completely unknown, so be it. :)

Here's a better question, why isn't this in the Bond 25 thread where it belongs?

Hanna was cool so I would be down for Joe Wright directing

Sa Mendez might be done with the 007 franchise. maybe it needs a fresh new young director. its been working for disney, why wont it work for the 007 franchise? i love to see Jon Favreau give the it a goe... or maybe christopher nolan. but my top pic would be Gareth Edwards, the director of godzilla and the upcoming Rogue One. what do you guys think?

Edwards? Really? So you guys would pay to see Bond only have 8-10 minutes of screen time while the rest is focused on the bad guys and maybe M? :o (seriously, anyone who's actually SEEN one of Toho's Godzilla films could tell you that complaint is BS; i know I have. Godzilla has that same amount of screen time in THEIR movies, and no one complained there!)

Sarcasm aside, his style just doesn't fit Bond. Too guerrilla-esque.

I love Hanna but he'll need to do another small but acclaimed film again to get anywhere near Bond.

I think that Kenneth Branagh would be a decent choice; someone within the Martin Campbell range.

NO to Joe Wright. Not after what happened with Pan.

I wouldn't hold that against him. He had very little to work with and everyone involved was clearly working on some kind opposition.

He's the goods, though. Check out Anna Karenina or Atonement instead.

NO to Joe Wright. Not after what happened with Pan.

Everyone has a bad film every now and then. Imagine if Fincher never made a movie after that aliens film he did! Or quentin Tarantino after the hateful eight?

Back on topic though, I would love to see Danny Boyle do it. After seeing that brief bit with James Bond during the 2012 olympics plus his other excellent films, I'm sure he would be amazing!

Plus, he would get to team up with Naome Harris again

I love Hanna but he'll need to do another small but acclaimed film again to get anywhere near Bond.

I think that Kenneth Branagh would be a decent choice; someone within the Martin Campbell range.

Have you seen Jack Ryan? Not a very good movie that inspires confidence that he's the man to tackle Bond.

Everyone has a bad film every now and then. Imagine if Fincher never made a movie after that aliens film he did! Or quentin Tarantino after the hateful eight?

*Squints*

Hateful Eight isn't generally considered to be a bad film but also QT hasn't made or announced another film. Weird example.

Joe Wright is a really interesting choice, but I would go with ... the Russo brothers! :awesome: I think they could make a terrific Bond film with some truly amazing action.

Lol, The Russos will probably be busy making Marvel movies until the end of the decade… and personally I don't like them much as directors. Even outside the MCU their stuff is pretty bland.

Well, we don't know how long it's gonna be for the next Bond movie, right? Hasn't the break sometimes been for like six years? Or they could make Bond 26, I'm not picky. I haven't seen much of their directing outside of MCU, but I think they directed the crap out of their Captain America movies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"