DC TV Series Sandman: The Series

Sounds Jenna cool man! I’m excited to see what she brings to the role. It’s exciting to find out just how much they changed

I can’t wait for this. I watched that trailer WAY too many times. I know it’s been a long time coming but what I’ve seen of this just looks so freaking good. Superhero TV adaptations have been hit or miss lately (with a lot of misses) but this has the potential to raise the bar like the Watchmen series did. Fingers crossed.

Never thought this day would come. I am SO glad JGL isn’t playing Morpheus, he would have been miscast. Also glad that this is a show and not a movie. It’s the only way to tackle this story. I hope it is well received and we get season 2.

Hnnngh…

Plus Dave McKean doing art for each episode’s end credits.

Which would be great if Netflix didn’t assume everyone automatically wants to skip to the next episode…

New trailer is dope. The Corinthian looks like he’s going to be ****ing terrifying. This, Rings of Power and Wakanda Forever are easily the best trailers to come out of Comic Con.

Anyone know why this will be on Netflix instead of HBO Max? Would've expected it to be there instead.

Wow really looking forward to this. It’s amazing how similar this dream sounds to James mcavoy

And I think Netflix got the deal to make this before HBO Max was a thing.

There’s also a clip of Death here. Really touching. Mark Hamill said it made him cry.

Only DC project I care right now…maybe Aquaman 2

I’m seriously surprised there isn’t more buzz around this. All the DC talk after Comic Con is just the same old crap about whether Henry Cavill will ever play Superman again. Meanwhile I’m out here like, “YOOOO WE FINALLY HAVE A SANDMAN SHOW COMING AND IT LOOKS AWESOME.”

Probably because no one really cares about Netflix much unless a new season of a show comes out...and then they care for the 24 hours it takes to binge it. Plus, Netflix blew its marketing budget on The Grey Man or whatever the hell that dreck was called.

Yeah Netflix really has a marketing problem. They have popular shows (Stranger Things, Squid Game, Umbrella Academy) but they don’t promote any of them very well. They typically only drop trailers a month or so in advance of the show. The logic seems to be that people only pay attention to the marketing for streaming shows a couple weeks out from the premiere. I still feel that logic is flawed in that some things take time to build buzz around. Stuff like ST might be okay with that type of model because they are already well-known, highly anticipated properties. But something less proven (but with potential) should get more promotion so that people are anticipating it for a while. I guess in Sandman’s case, we should feel lucky that we at least had a trailer a couple months ahead of the premiere and a teaser a year ago. And now we have the SDCC trailer. Hopefully it will be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"