• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sci-Fi - Should Execs be removed?

and they only use the Flash song in commericals....its not in the title sequence or anywhere in the episodes....its a cover by another band though

like I said before, when the film came out, fans of the "original" material were very upset.....so disliking because it deviates from already deviated material seems odd....

Well, the problem is how much this new show deviates from the source material. Sure the movie wasn't totally faithful but the changes were minor compared to what this new series has changed.

1. Flash is a college track athlete who still lives with his mom.
  2. There were no prior attacks on earth. It was a "warp portal" experiment that Flash's Dad apparently died in that brought everyone together.
  3. No rocket ship, just "Warp Portals" developed by Flash's Dad and to a lesser extent, Zarkov.
  4. They are not stranded on Mongol, they can come and go between there and Earth as they please. In fact, most of the episodes have taken place on Earth.
  5. Zarkov acts more like George Costanza than Zarkov. He's a bumbling, cowardly, idiot. To the point of being comic relief.
  6. Ming is hardly Merciless. He's only had really one moment so far where he has showed how evil he can be. He's almost a sympathetic villain.
  7. Hawkmen had NO WINGS!!!! They had torn up trenchcoats that somehow allowed them to glide. This episode nearly made me throw up. It was a disgrace.
  8. And of course...no Queen music.

That's why it has done so poorly. Not to mention the fact that the dialogue is horrible and the stories are badly written with plot holes the size of dump trucks.

I don't mind the Warp Portal thing, it could just be executed alot better. The whole going back and forth thing was a good way to cut down on production costs I think.....I've only seen like 2 or 3 episodes...the last one I watched has them stranded on Mongo...? Eureka was good this season so I'm happy and Razor will be coming up soon....is it wrong for me to want to mount Admiral Cain????

I don't mind the Warp Portal thing, it could just be executed alot better. The whole going back and forth thing was a good way to cut down on production costs I think.....I've only seen like 2 or 3 episodes...the last one I watched has them stranded on Mongo...? Eureka was good this season so I'm happy and Razor will be coming up soon....is it wrong for me to want to mount Admiral Cain????

Yeah, I think tonight's episode is where they actually get stranded on Mongo...it's about damn time, too. Though I think it's too little too late for me. The Hawkmen thing really killed it for me. Did you happen to see that one?

I love Eureka too...so I'm glad that one is coming back. They've really done a good job with that one. Wish Dresden files could have survived.

Dear lord no, it's not wrong! Cain is hot. But then I've wanted some of that since she was on Star Trek: TNG. :)

The Portal is a horrible idea. the whole show is a Sliders Knock off with 90210 mixed in.

Yeah, I think tonight's episode is where they actually get stranded on Mongo...it's about damn time, too. Though I think it's too little too late for me. The Hawkmen thing really killed it for me. Did you happen to see that one?
The Hawkmen look more like emo-men. :(

I remember when I first watched Pegasus.....I don't know if its the character or the actress, but she just commands any scene she is in. I saw last weeks Flash where they fixed the water thing and realized they are stranded.

I like Eureka alot.....I enjoyed the one where all the women were trying to jump Carter.....only done better by the love spell episode in Buffy (yes I watched it when it was in reruns, it is my secret shame)

The Hawkmen look more like emo-men. :(

Emo-Men that had a camp in the middle of the desert. And then they all stood around dancing like they had to pee, flapping their trench coats in the wind, cawing like a crow. :mad: :mad: That episode makes me so angry. And the best part was when Flash decided to run to the palace instead of "glide" with the hawkmen and arrived at the SAME TIME!!! So either they flew really ****ing slow or Flash really is The Flash!! :cmad: :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

Emo-Men that had a camp in the middle of the desert. And then they all stood around dancing like they had to pee, flapping their trench coats in the wind, cawing like a crow. :mad: :mad: That episode makes me so angry. And the best part was when Flash decided to run to the palace instead of "glide" with the hawkmen and arrived at the SAME TIME!!! So either they flew really ****ing slow or Flash really is The Flash!! :cmad: :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:
Emo-Native American Rave Dancers.
Maybe the Hawkmen stopped off for a bite to eat at the Denny's on Mongo?

I remember when I first watched Pegasus.....I don't know if its the character or the actress, but she just commands any scene she is in. I saw last weeks Flash where they fixed the water thing and realized they are stranded.

I stopped watching before last weeks episode...so you're probably right and that's when they actually got "stranded."

I like Eureka alot.....I enjoyed the one where all the women were trying to jump Carter.....only done better by the love spell episode in Buffy (yes I watched it when it was in reruns, it is my secret shame)

I really liked the one where they were a few year in the future...the one that Henry created by saving Kim. Very emotional episode...all around just well done. And it setup so much for the rest of the season.

What do you guys think is going to happen to Henry? I mean, he can't leave he is a great ****ing character..

Also, I love the cool Iron Man references and the character of Stark as a whole, if RDJ wasn't cast as Tony Stark I'd say the guy that plays Stark on Eureka would have been perfect IMO.

Henry probably will escape.....I'm intrested to see where the character goes in the next season....

Henry probably will escape.....I'm intrested to see where the character goes in the next season....

I really hope he doesn't continue to be a "bad guy." It's interesting, sure, but I like him and don't want to see him as a bad guy. But I guess that's what makes it a good show. I actually care about the characters. I really thought at the end of this episode he was going to try and put things right with Carter. At least it looked like he wanted to.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be interesting to see whatever path he chooses.

from what i'm reading here i'm glad i don't watch flash gordon this is the kind of show that proves sci-fi needs a regime change STAT

I really hope he doesn't continue to be a "bad guy." It's interesting, sure, but I like him and don't want to see him as a bad guy. But I guess that's what makes it a good show. I actually care about the characters. I really thought at the end of this episode he was going to try and put things right with Carter. At least it looked like he wanted to.

It looked as if he is finally getting some closure on Kim's death....but who knows.....with Beverly on the loose......

He wasn't really playing badguy, he was trying to protect Kevin from what lays ahead.. He was looking out for a defenseless child.

He wasn't really playing badguy, he was trying to protect Kevin from what lays ahead.. He was looking out for a defenseless child.

His "bad guy" feel started long before this episode though...

Maybe badguy was a little premature, but he was definitely shady with the potential to go bad. For awhile he had a pretty good amount of anger towards Carter, to the point of wiping Carter's memory and not his own. "...And I will NEVER forget." He was really in a weird place there and you really didn't know where he stood...and to a point, you still don't. Sure, he still helped when asked but he always had that death stare that he gave Carter as soon as he left the room. Like he was just waiting for an opportunity. But maybe Lantern is right and he's come to terms with Kim's death and Carter's part in it. He told Stark he doesn't blame him...but he's yet to tell Carter that.

His "bad guy" feel started long before this episode though...

Maybe badguy was a little premature, but he was definitely shady with the potential to go bad. For awhile he had a pretty good amount of anger towards Carter, to the point of wiping Carter's memory and not his own. "...And I will NEVER forget." He was really in a weird place there and you really didn't know where he stood...and to a point, you still don't. Sure, he still helped when asked but he always had that death stare that he gave Carter as soon as he left the room. Like he was just waiting for an opportunity. But maybe Lantern is right and he's come to terms with Kim's death and Carter's part in it. He told Stark he doesn't blame him...but he's yet to tell Carter that.
Carter doesn't remember it.. or aleast thats what Henry thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"