• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sci-Fi - Should Execs be removed?

Carter doesn't remember it.. or aleast thats what Henry thinks.

Regardless, he hasn't forgiven Carter yet...or at least we don't know that he has. And that's what I was hoping to see at the end of this episode...something that showed Henry no longer blamed him...or at least didn't hate him anymore. But I guess we'll have to wait till next season to find out where that goes.

Can someone tell me how "National Treasure" qualifys as a sci fi movie???

That question alone answers your stance about the execs on sci fi! :cmad: I say fire them alll!

I wish that I had a billion dollars so that I could buy out NBC/Universal's stake in Sci-Fi Channel. After that, this is where the real fun begins...

First, I would fire every stinking executive that ruined the Sci-Fi Channel in the last ten years. That way, I would bring in new people who are real Sci-Fi fans who know about the shows they used to see on Sci-Fi, like our fellow posters here at Superhero Hype!

Second, I would work together with other networks/entities who have the rights to some of the more classic science-fiction shows that used to air on SFC, such as Space: 1999, Classic Doctor Who, Max Headroom, etc. in a joint deal that lets everyone enjoy these classic shows, no matter what channel it is on.

Third, BRING BACK THE MORNING ANIMATION STATION BLOCK! Seriously! Have that puppy run from 6:00am -8:00am on weekdays, 6-10am on the weekends. And, I would feature a month-by-month schedule of programs that cover all forms of sci-fi based animation (Supermarionation series, Classic Transformers series, Animated sci-fi from the 70's and 80's such as Robotech, Battle of the Planets, Mighty Orbots and Bionic Six, etc.).

Fourth, Restore the weekday Sci-Fi World block. I liked all those themed worlds and the stuff they brought out. That way, we will finally see stuff that we haven't seen in a long while on that block.

Fifth, Bring back Sci-Fi Wire. Give Chase Masterson her job back, and maybe bring in some new people to work with her on this updated news series, and if possible, link the live-action show to its Internet companion if possible.

Sixth, if you're gonna show some sci-fi movies, show the really good ones on Saturday and Sunday nights, instead of those crappy Sci-Fi Originals! Who wants to see some of the Star Wars/Trek movies? Close Encounters of the Third Kind? The Aliens/Predator movies? Even some of the classic science fiction movies from the 40's through the 60's. That way, we'll be able to appreciate these movies as well.

Finally, I would like for Sci-Fi to work with all of us at Superhero Hype! to help spin-off a basic-cable channel dedicated to comic-book superheroes called the Superhero Hype! Channel. I did a mock-up schedule for this channel in a thread a few years ago, and I need to start this thread up again in January so that everyone would get an idea of how this channel would work, since we have new posters that haven't heard of this thread.

Those are my ideas. Any questions?

Kenny :)

I wish that I had a billion dollars so that I could buy out NBC/Universal's stake in Sci-Fi Channel. After that, this is where the real fun begins...

First, I would fire every stinking executive that ruined the Sci-Fi Channel in the last ten years. That way, I would bring in new people who are real Sci-Fi fans who know about the shows they used to see on Sci-Fi, like our fellow posters here at Superhero Hype!

Second, I would work together with other networks/entities who have the rights to some of the more classic science-fiction shows that used to air on SFC, such as Space: 1999, Classic Doctor Who, Max Headroom, etc. in a joint deal that lets everyone enjoy these classic shows, no matter what channel it is on.

Third, BRING BACK THE MORNING ANIMATION STATION BLOCK! Seriously! Have that puppy run from 6:00am -8:00am on weekdays, 6-10am on the weekends. And, I would feature a month-by-month schedule of programs that cover all forms of sci-fi based animation (Supermarionation series, Classic Transformers series, Animated sci-fi from the 70's and 80's such as Robotech, Battle of the Planets, Mighty Orbots and Bionic Six, etc.).

Fourth, Restore the weekday Sci-Fi World block. I liked all those themed worlds and the stuff they brought out. That way, we will finally see stuff that we haven't seen in a long while on that block.

Fifth, Bring back Sci-Fi Wire. Give Chase Masterson her job back, and maybe bring in some new people to work with her on this updated news series, and if possible, link the live-action show to its Internet companion if possible.

Sixth, if you're gonna show some sci-fi movies, show the really good ones on Saturday and Sunday nights, instead of those crappy Sci-Fi Originals! Who wants to see some of the Star Wars/Trek movies? Close Encounters of the Third Kind? The Aliens/Predator movies? Even some of the classic science fiction movies from the 40's through the 60's. That way, we'll be able to appreciate these movies as well.

Finally, I would like for Sci-Fi to work with all of us at Superhero Hype! to help spin-off a basic-cable channel dedicated to comic-book superheroes called the Superhero Hype! Channel. I did a mock-up schedule for this channel in a thread a few years ago, and I need to start this thread up again in January so that everyone would get an idea of how this channel would work, since we have new posters that haven't heard of this thread.

i hear you kenny:boba:

Great post Kenny! You should really apply! :eek:
When did SciFi get so bad though? Its almost unwatchable! The execs there have to be crazy becuase the channel could be a huge goldmine if used properly. But if I'm not mistaken, isn't Scifi a subsidary of WB? Or is it NBC?

Sci-Fi should be how it was in the 90's.Majoring in paranormal shows,and Sightings..one of my favorite shows.

Not trashing wrestling but it has no place on scifi. No more than Braveheart (one of my fave movies) or Apollo 13 does.

BUT...If they didn't show ECW on Sci-Fi, who would they get to guest star on the Ghost Hunters Halloween Special?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"