Daredevil Scott Glenn is Stick

Nah I want the Chaste if we have Stick. If you're gonna make a Daredevil series, do it right. The series really took off when Miller got ahold of the comic. I don't see why it'd be cool to have Elektra but no Chaste.

Nah I want the Chaste if we have Stick. If you're gonna make a Daredevil series, do it right. The series really took off when Miller got ahold of the comic. I don't see why it'd be cool to have Elektra but no Chaste.

Because the only really worthwhile part of Elektra's story is everything leading up to her death. Everything after that was beating a dead horse (and resurrecting a dead woman, I guess).

The most interesting Daredevil stuff is The Kingpin, Bullseye, and Typhoid Mary. The Chaste is kind of meh.

I have no problem with the Chaste, I'm just saying Stick alone doesn't necessarily require them. It probably should involve the Hand (unless we're only talking about flashbacks), but more isn't required.

My personal view is, if you have Elektra and kill her off and all that, its worthwhile to bring her back with a Chase/Hand storyline at some point (I'm going with the idea of multiple seasons with a possible Elektra spinoff). But Stick alone doesn't require more. He could just be in flashbacks, after all.

Scott Glenn is awesome in this (and everything), but I can't help thinking about how much he sounds / looks like Robert Durst.

His voice is so badass. As soon as I heard him speaking in episode 7 I know it was him.

The only complaint I have are those glasses they gave him in the present. Just didn't look right to me.

As far as I'm concerned, that was Stick from the comic come to life. I think Vincent D'Onofrio had the best acting, but Scott Glenn clearly had the most authentic portrayal.

Stick was one of my favorite things about this show. Scott Glenn ran away with the spotlight there.

Mine too. I hope we get to see more of him in the future of the MCU.
If Blade ever makes it off the ground, I think it would be interesting if there's an association between Stick and Jamal Afari. Would be both a nice nod and a simple way to show the connective tissue.

Just watched episode 7....Scott was great as Stick.

A great Scott Glenn movie that people to look up and watch is THE CHALLENGE (1982) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083726/?ref_=nv_sr_5 Him and Toshiro Mifune....it's one of the best unknown martial arts movies out there.

I've been looking for The Challenge for so long, but it's so hard to find. John Frankenheimer!

I've been looking for The Challenge for so long, but it's so hard to find. John Frankenheimer!

As near as I can tell, it hasn't been released on DVD in region 1. I had a VHS tape and was able to transfer it to DVD myself...so I can still watch it.

Glenn was SO good in this. I wish we saw more of him. Needs a bigger role in season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"