Daredevil Elden Henson is Foggy Nelson

Personally, I thought everything about him was likable, though I still have a hard time fully understanding his reaction upon learning that Matt was Daredevil.

I mean he did make a few good points but I felt like he also overreacted. That kind of overreaction I would normally expect from someone if they were like married to Matt.lol

I think his (over)reaction stems from not only being kept in the dark all this time but also Matt's seeming hypocrisy in asserting that they should believe in the law while he's out every night beating up criminals with his fists.

It's hard to pick my favorite character in this show (since I love almost all of them) so I'll just say that he's on the upper tier of my faves. :woot:

So happy they did Foggy justice. The Matt/Foggy bromance is one of the best things in the Marvel universe.

Most definitely! :up: :hrt:

Personally, I thought everything about him was likable, though I still have a hard time fully understanding his reaction upon learning that Matt was Daredevil.

I mean he did make a few good points but I felt like he also overreacted. That kind of overreaction I would normally expect from someone if they were like married to Matt.lol

But, they kinda are, LOL! They are both each other's longest relationship, technically.
I thought that Foggy hit it on the head; it's about trust. Not just with telling him about dressing up as Daredevil and playing vigilante, but hiding his abilities, his very invasive, privacy-shattering abilities.
I also wish they touched upon the fact that Matt's powers and vigilantism can affect their law firm and even get Matt disbarred (like it does in the books). It's also about Matt putting himself in danger too. In that context, Foggy's reaction was very well-earned.

I thought he was the weak link in this show. Elden really doesn't have the best comedic delivery. Felt like they pulled him straight out of Disney sitcom. Kinda awkward and forced at times. I guess I'm suffering from Jon Favreau withdrawal. He does a decent enough job, but I feel they could have found someone better. Would have liked someone like Jack Black (Yes I know he's "Too old", just humor me) or Josh Gad.

Last edited:
Loved Foggy outside of the severe overreaction to Matt's secret identity. Just felt forced for the sake of showing us the flashbacks to their early bromance (which was tear-jerkingly good). But he's acting so betrayed that Matt lied all this time, while then getting mad that Matt could tell whenever he was lying. I just couldn't get behind that and it brought the show down for me for a little bit.

Foggy at the end of the series was much better than Foggy in the beginning. Henson seemed to be forcing "happy" Fogy a little too much early in the series. He definitely smoothed things out and became more comfortable in the role. The bromance turned out to be an enjoyable part of the story.

I loved everything about Elden as Foggy except that overraction when he finds out Matt is the masked guy. Didnt buy it at all.

It's weird, he is likeable for the most part but the acting is pretty bad at times.

Foggy at the end of the series was much better than Foggy in the beginning. Henson seemed to be forcing "happy" Fogy a little too much early in the series. He definitely smoothed things out and became more comfortable in the role. The bromance turned out to be an enjoyable part of the story.

Late response but yeah that's exactly how I felt. His intro scene was waaaay too much for me.

But he settled into his role well and I feel he will improve as it goes on

I'm 5 episodes in and I'd say that he's really likeable. Kinda looks like a fun-house mirror Brad Pitt also.
He is the spitting image of young Orson Welles to me.

welles-orson-_1937.jpg

Despite his reaction scene to Matt's reveal, I still like his character because I'm familiar with the actor and I've seen what he could do with a character. Long way from the Ducks movies, that's for sure. I love Elden's voice, there's something about it that makes Foggy endearing.

Do you think this version of Foggy could do well as a district attorney? Would he want that?

Do you think this version of Foggy could do well as a district attorney? Would he want that?
Not at all. I’ve been a DA and I’ve been in the private sector. I could see Foggy as a big corporate law type or a small hang-out-your -shingle type. But not as a DA. DAs tend to fall into one of three categories: either selfishly ambitious, judgmental and harsh, or lazy. I guess the fourth category is people who get into the prosecutor’s office and then realize that they need to leave.

Not at all. I’ve been a DA and I’ve been in the private sector. I could see Foggy as a big corporate law type or a small hang-out-your -shingle type. But not as a DA. DAs tend to fall into one of three categories: either selfishly ambitious, judgmental and harsh, or lazy. I guess the fourth category is people who get into the prosecutor’s office and then realize that they need to leave.
Thanks for the answer. :yay:

That is something more informative about real world politics than I thought I would get as a reply to my question asking about a world with spandex/alternatives and some of their own made up politics that don't apply to the real world. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"