Daredevil Season 1, Episode 1 "Into the Ring" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

I cannot think of one instance or thing about this episode that I didn't absolutely love. It's so damn good!

And the references to the rest of the MCU are brilliant. Utterly brilliant.

Great opener. Really punchily written, well-acted. I love how character-driven it is. The scenes where Murdock dons the mask and fights bad guys, though well-executed, are almost the least interesting part of the episode. I was more engaged by the world-building, the sheer scale and ubiquity of the corruption descended upon Hell's Kitchen best highlighted in the end montage. And most of all, I loved the central trip of Matt, Karen and Foggy. Deborah Ann Woll really brings to life Karen Page well, and the scene between her and Matt in his apartment quickly sells their connection. Similarly, Elden Henson nails the easy rapport with Matt as Foggy Nelson. But best of all is Charlie Cox, who masterfully sells the pain and simmering rage lying under the surface of Matt Murdock, while also managing to be charming and funny in moments. It doesn't feel like it's hit top gear yet, but even here in the warm-up, DAREDEVIL has all the makings of a great crime saga.

I swear, I heard them say Midtown.

As in Peter Parker's high school.

Karen Page is really beautiful, I hope they don't kill her off in the future.

Finished the first ep, starting the 2nd now. The fight scenes in this are incredible so far and I'm loving the characters so far.

I might have to binge all of this lmao..

This TV show is the bread winner for marvel TV. Dark and gritty with great actors.

It's really great! I love how understated Charlie is as daredevil. He's so great in this. So hot too.

I wish there were better roles for women in it though. Hopefully it'll improve as it goes along but so far they're either helpless screaming victims or they're personifications of innocence that men have to fight for

Loving this so far!Great episode and so far everything about the show is great.Charlire Cox is perfect for daredevil :woot:

Well, here I am. A bit bleary eyed, but I had to watch the first episode at least.

I kinda had my doubts about this series,but judging by the first episode they were pretty much put to rest. There is probably room for improvement (I.E. I'm still leery of graphic violence.It's not really fun watching the action scenes through your fingers.Such is the fate of the eternity squeamish. :woot: I'm also really hoping for some comic book villains and not have every episode about kiddie snatchers and the like.:oldrazz:)

The actors are great all around. I take back every unkind thing I've ever said about the guy that plays Foggy. He's a hoot! Everything that came out of his mouth was great. I though Favreau was tough to top,but this guy is equally good.

Cox was very impressive. He could easily hold his own alongside the Avengers cast.

I liked DAW as well. It's going to be fun seeing those three coming together as family in the future.

Fight scenes were top notch. Just excellent. I will admit I wondered why DD had such a hard time with that guy. I mean, he must've picked up that knife 3 times! I'm like 'C'mon,you're Daredevil! You can't keep a thug from getting that knife 3 freakin' times?' But this is his early years,so I gave him a pass.:oldrazz:

The effects of Matt's "lie detector" was well utilized.

It was fun seeing Matt & Foggy so early in their career,putting things together. Having Karen be the first case was an...interesting choice.

I liked the little we saw of Matt's childhood. Really looking forward to more of that and the church stuff.

If I had any complaint,I did think it dragged a bit in the middle. It seemed the talking went on and on,but maybe I'm just tired.:oldrazz:

So anyway,high,high marks for the opener. Can't wait to see more!:daredevil

Very good first episode. I like the tone of the series a lot. The beginning was really captivating. That fight scene at the docks...oh MAN. This show ain't no ARROW. This has REAL down and dirty fighting. Can't wait to watch more which won't be until much later tonight.

Just finished the first episode. Loving it. Everything has a personality.

It looks fantastic, fight scenes were much more graphic than I thought they would be, the acting was top notch and the build up music that was playing at the end with the different scenes. It was amazing.

Bravo. :applaud

Why oh WHY must I work!!! Just finished the 1st episode. Holy crap, that was awesome. I want to binge today, stupid work! :cmad:

Much better than the pilot for Agents in just about every way. Excited to watch more!

Btw just got my Age of Ultron tickets for the premiere on 22nd! ^^ Yay

Amazing. Love Cox and Henson's banter. You buy into the friendship between them straight away.

The fight choreography is exceptional. I enjoy Arrow but the fight fight scenes in Daredevil put the ones in Arrow to shame.

Just watched it. Great stuff.

I've gotten so used to current shows not having opening title sequences anymore, that I was surprised to see one for this. It was great too.

The 1st Episode and I already love it.

Charlie Cox as Matt is perfect as well as the guy that plays Foggy I really like their chemistry with each other.

The fights are already very impressive and I like them very much can't wait to watch more. In Fact I might watch Episode 2 here in a minute

I took a chance and clicked your spoiler. Thank goodness it wasn't anything in there pass episode 1. Anyways, you don't need to use spoiler tags unless its about a episode pass this one. Nothing in your spoiler tag is a spoiler:sly: But thanks for being courteous of others. I have to stay off of CBM until I'm done watching because people there are flying fast with spoilers.

I just finished the first episode and Charlie Cox is already a great Daredevil. Very intense. Foggy is my favorite character already! I love this guy and I wasn't sure because he played such a different character in The Butterfly Effect. Good actor!

Oh yeah..and that side boob:sly:

It's really great! I love how understated Charlie is as daredevil. He's so great in this. So hot too.

I wish there were better roles for women in it though. Hopefully it'll improve as it goes along but so far they're either helpless screaming victims or they're personifications of innocence that men have to fight for

What about the Japanese crime boss? She seems pretty sinister.

Just finished the first episode. may I just say the intro is amazing?
To be honest I winced at how much blood and violence was in this. The realism of the fight scenes as well was incredible. Not just 30 seconds of Daredevil beating the crap out of everyone. But instead a couple of mimutes of actual fighting. Murdock actually took some hits instead of dogding everything like a ninja. And won through skill and strategy.

I f'n loved it and can't wait to see the rest of the episodes!

The first episode felt like I had watched this show for a few years and already loved it. Just firing on all cylinders from the start.

I just finished the first two. I loved how it started. The character development is top notch.

An amazing open. I'm speaking from having watched a few more eps, but Cox is brilliant in the role.

Digging that title sequence too. :up:

Exactly 19 minutes and 37 seconds into episode 1. This is what love feels like. I... am... smitten. I'll be back in 13 or so hours. That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"