Ms. Marvel Season 1, Episode 2 "Crushed" (Spoiler Thread)

I actually have a question about future events for you Ms Marvel comic fans:

Are Kamala’s family all Inhumans or is it just her? Just curious because of the Great Grandma Aisha mystery.

No. In fact, when Kamran exposes Aamir to the mist, it doesn't react well, resulting in temporary powers. But then again, the whole Nu-human **** is terrigan mist interacting with a "dormant Inhuman gene".

[screams as an X fan]

2a198533075cbadd532a0d5823c84f1b356bd94b.gifv

6e1e24bad1c4796e24f36be607931fe38be91caa.gifv

Considering I don't think I fit the target demographic (I'm a rather old fashioned, middle aged dude) I think the show does really well to still be enjoyable for even the likes of me haha

Preferred the first episode but this was still fun.

This show continues to be an absolute delight. DODC with the Sentinel Services vibes I could've done without though. I hope the MCU will continue to focus on how Inhumans are different from Mutants. Not how they're the same.

I don't think they're doing Inhumans at all here. It seems like it's more connected to either Kree or the celestials.

I don't think they're doing Inhumans at all here. It seems like it's more connected to either Kree or the celestials.
I guess. I mean it awoke a power already inside of her. :cwink:

It's interesting that they brought the term 'Enhanced' from Age of Ultron back though.

I just can't believe that this girl had no prior acting experience.

People might be saying the same thing about the actress who plays Echo, except in a negative way.

Also Kamala's sidekick Bruno played by Matt Lintz was one of the contenders for Peter Parker/ Spider-Man in Civil War, except at the time he was still very young and looked like a 10 year old.

I guess. I mean it awoke a power already inside of her. :cwink:

It's interesting that they brought the term 'Enhanced' from Age of Ultron back though.
She's obviously not nuhuman as the Inhumans / Terrigen Mist aren't introduced yet in the MCU 616. Unless Marvel Studios count that ABC series as canon but I'm assuming they don't.

This also eXplains the change of her powers and the introduction of the magic bracelets.

Am In this weird place, where I like everyone but the main character and her best friend. I'm enjoying the ideas, the supporting cast, the general look and aesthetic outside of the godawful powers. But I don't like Kamala or her friend. :funny:

[insert Paddington Hard Stare gif]

Cannot.

Disagree.

More.

John Campea really loving this show. I guess his tweet is not allowed because of one s-bomb?

Enjoyed the 2nd episode more but still a little skeptical on this one so far. Iman holds the whole thing together by being very natural, likeable and adorable. She is going to be a star.

The inevitable flashback scene to the Partition with the great grandma is gonna be interesting. I wonder how much they'll show from it.

The inevitable flashback scene to the Partition with the great grandma is gonna be interesting. I wonder how much they'll show from it.

It is Disney, they will probably censor it to stay family friendly, so they won't have upload problems with Disney Plus

She's obviously not nuhuman as the Inhumans / Terrigen Mist aren't introduced yet in the MCU 616. Unless Marvel Studios count that ABC series as canon but I'm assuming they don't.

This also eXplains the change of her powers and the introduction of the magic bracelets.
I guess the most common theory is that she will be some other sort of human and Kree hybrid if they truly want to keep In(nu)humans in their back pocket for possible future use or sunk to the bottom of the Marianas Trench because of AoS and the Inhumans miniseries connection.

This show is working for me on many different levels. What stands out to me most though is that, even though it's not a terribly high bar to cross, this is probably the best looking of all the Disney+ MCU shows. Kamala's powers not always looking so great aside, it's always refreshing to see an MCU project that's not greenscreened to death.

The not so great looking giant purple energy hands has got me coming around on Ms. Khan's power change. I'm thinking those giant hands composed of human flesh would have looked way, way worse.

Nakia is a great addition to this show, and I hope her, and Kamala have more scenes together, because honestly, I think their friendship is far more interesting and compelling than seeing her with the other kid.

I also think Homecoming could have benefitted from this kind of low stakes storytelling which we didn't see enough of in that movie, because here it feels very natural and pretty much perfect.
Yeah, she’s helped the show. True, Holland’s Parker could have benefited a lot from this kind of solo intro.

I loved the family and community aspects of this episode. For those who thought the first episode was disrespectful towards Muslim culture, I wonder if (a) they're ever capable of being pleased and (b) if this episode was seen as an improvement. While the first episode focused on the negatives of helicopter parents in a conservative immigrant culture, here everybody is loving and supportive even if they don't always disagree.

In many ways, this was a slower character episode, but it was a good episode overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"