House of the Dragon Season 1, Episode 8: "The Lord of the Tides"

If that's Aegon that's mad. Young actor was a tall string even for his age. Aged up Aegon seems to have stunted and looks 10 years younger than Aemond.

If that's Aegon that's mad. Young actor was a tall string even for his age. Aged up Aegon seems to have stunted and looks 10 years younger than Aemond.
Ain't uncommon, really. I knew plenty of kids growing up who shot up early then stopped growing in their mid-teens.

Ain't uncommon, really. I knew plenty of kids growing up who shot up early then stopped growing in their mid-teens.

Lmao, that’s kinda like me. :funny:

The side profile of Aemond looked like young Christian Bale at certain angles. I’m just happy this is the final actor change.

Sweet Baby Jesus its soo good to see the Dragonmount on Dragonstone

Did Bran have the first wheelchair? Surely there's a way to get Viserys to the throne without having him crawl the entire way.

Viserys's final form being the Skeksis Emperor from The Dark Crystal was something I kinda saw coming.

tenor.gif

Man, those princes are f***ed up. Aemond is likely going to be even more of a psychopath than Daemon, and speaking of which, he reminded everyone that he was still in the game with that scene in the throne room. Holy ****.

The vibe I'm getting from this episode is definitely that the Targs/Blacks are of equal evil as the Greens, who are constantly trying to start **** while a dying man tries to stop them. :o
It's like only the most evil one wins, lol. :p

Ugh, this episode kept me on the edge and just when I thought I could breathe....the promo for next weeks episode.

I am loving the show but 7 Hells man....show us some of these major moments! I want to see this dream Aegon has. I've watched it but I still want to see it.

Just when we think A/R are able to be bffs again...Vis gotta screw up and Allicent needs to misinterpret everything and play telephone!

Oh well...im still Team Black lol....but all these years and Daemon don't teach those kids anything worthwhile? No fighting, no conniving, backstabbing...they are set up to fail in every which way.

Another great tension filled episode and I could not be happier with the resolution we got for Viserys who finally got some much-deserved peace in the end even if it was through deceit his final moments.

As much as I love body horror, I honestly don't know how much longer I could have dealt with seeing him like that which might sound strange, but man I was just ready for them to end his suffering already.

It's too bad that things will only get worse from here on out thanks to Aemond and Aegon being complete psychopaths, but at least it seems like Daemon will be there to handle things as well.

It really does feel like his character has had a lot of growth in the last couple of episodes.

I love the historical intro.

I love the historical intro.
Wait, ignore that - I was watching Episode 1 again by mistake. :funny: Was about to say nice to see the flashbacks to young Rhaenyra and Alicent lol.

I find the stuff with the kids/teens the most interesting.Though the head shape of the oldest Aegon changed. Aegon looking like Jack White haha
Aemond older looks more like what I assumed Aegon would have looked.

The Corpse King entering during the throne scene was pretty cool. The look on every ones face haha

Then he does that at dinner and no one wants to eat...

Last edited:
Good episode. Maybe could have been a tad shorter.

Some of the kid casting has been weird but I guess that was always gonna be tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"