House of the Dragon Season 1, Episode 9: "The Green Council"

I want to see Aemond and Aegon running things now that king is done, should get more screen time for them. Their scenes and the Bastards are just the best to me.

Ah, the first episode 9 of a Westeros series since 2016.

buckle+up.gif

Keeping expectations low for this one after how much episode 8 floored me. I can't wait though! Sad we only have 2 more left.

And now it gets serious! Can't wait.

Lol, I just had an Untouchables flashback, :p

It was a good episode but I had my expectations a little too high after last week. IMO the complete absence of Team Black besides Rhaenys hurt it a little bit but her big scene at the end was awesome, even though she didn't toast every last one of them.

It looks like next week is going to be insane, and I think I was also mistaken that this season would entirely wrap up this storyline. I was thinking that each season of HOTD would follow a different era of Targaryens but it looks like this is going to be carried over into another season since there's no way that this is all going to be wrapped up with just one episode. I can dig it, and it also means I'll likely be picking up the book at some point in the near future.

Oh, so you could of fixed the problem and decided not to. Great....
But that would have ended the drama, and those Targaryens live for it. Well, except for King Vizzy. :o

Seriously, that last scene was so cool, and then how it ended... all I could think of was the baby Hitler question, except this is after Hitler grew to be a full grown man and seized power and you knew if you didn't shoot him in the head, he'd start WW2. :funny:

This was a great episode, but that ending was straight up EPIC and made my jaw hit the floor. It was so awesome seeing Rhaeny's finally getting her moment to shine and just when I thought they couldn't possibly give us a dragon that looked more terrifying and badass than Vhagar they give us that beautiful beast.

That was easily the best ending to any episode this season so far.

So, does anyone want to still argue that the Blacks and the Greens are the same? :hehe:

1 command Rhaenys that’s all you had to do was give one command to your dragon and this could’ve been ended…

Episode as a whole was just alright but that ending was epic and I loved seeing Rhaenys get her boss mode moment.

What.an.episode. i was screaming hateful things throughout .

How in 7 hells does Sir Criston keep killing these people with no punishment? I just don't get it.

While its nothing against the actor, from looks perspective Aegon is the worst recasting. He looks younger than his little brother and not any older than Doctor Who's son.

Took 9 episodes but my girl Rhaenys finally got A WOAH scene. I thought she'd be killed but girl got away, got her Red Queen and showed the Greens... you live because of her. What an ending.

Holy hell, they’ve really gone all in on the Greens being evil. I guess Rhaenys was hesitant because of…kinslaying?

I think I need to go take a gentle walk in the park or something to release this tension.

Holy hell, they’ve really gone all in on the Greens being evil. I guess Rhaenys was hesitant because of…kinslaying?

I think I need to go take a gentle walk in the park or something to release this tension.

I think Rhaenys didn't pull the trigger because she respected Allicent and couldn't bare the burden of killing her children outright

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"