House of the Dragon Season 1, Episode 9: "The Green Council"

Absolutely! They're all doing terrible things, but they are a joy to watch!

He is the one character I hope they tweak slightly for season 2. I understand where he's coming from, but he needs a slightly deeper motivation. That and reveal that this isn't Mysaria's real accent and she is just putting it on to alter people's expectations. :cwink:

The most impressive thing about this season though, is that it manages to feel like we've covered an entire show worth of stories before heading into the Dance of the Dragons. They set the stakes perfectly. Some of these characters feel like we've known them for years, but they've only been around for a few episodes and had very little screen time.
Yeah. As with GoT, watching all these horrible high ranking bastards F each other - albeit in a very high quality manner - is fun to watch. :D

Agreed - I need to see a bit more from Criston at this point beyond executing actions so that I can understand his current motivations better beyond just blind (and extreme) support.

Everyone has at least 66% evil parts in their heart in this show, but at least with Viserys I could pretend he meant well sometimes lol.
I can't speak for how they are in the book because I haven't read Fire and Blood yet but apart from Viserys constantly trying to keep the peace, the Velaryons also seem to be the most morally grounded characters in the show, at least by default. Corlys the least of all since he was on shaky ground during his alliance with Daemon early in the season but he more or less evened out afterwards. It's hard to judge Laenor for being unfaithful to Rhaenyra during their marriage when she co-arranged that deal with him, and apart from Viserys's first wife, Laena was probably the most good-natured character we've seen in HOTD until her untimely and tragic death. Vaemond got in over his head but at the same time it wasn't like his claim to be the heir of Driftmark was invalid since he wasn't wrong about Rhaenyra's Velaryon children being bastards.

Criston Cole needs to be put down. God, I can’t stand his ass anymore. Someone please brutally murder him already.

And I’m begging the showrunners to give the greens some likeable characters. Fine, make them all cartoonishly evil, just have them be a little likeable. Villains can be fun to watch and even root for. Don’t make every single one of them a deplorable *******. Alicent has gone so far up her own ass, that it’s becoming more and more difficult to sympathise with her. Only poor Helaena is left.

Definitely agree on Criston!

Everyone has at least 66% evil parts in their heart in this show, but at least with Viserys I could pretend he meant well sometimes lol.
So basically American foreign policy? I mean if we're going to go there America sees itself as "good" but if you look up the **** we did to foreign countries you might think differently. But PATRIOTISM!!! That's what Varys whole thing was.

Wasn't going to bring it up, but the politics of Westeros is pretty much close to reality. Even when it comes to American DOMESTIC politics, let alone foreign policy. If the story of America was a fictional political thriller/drama story 90% of the characters probably wouldn't be seen as "likeable". Just like GoT and HoTD.

Wasn't going to bring it up, but the politics of Westeros is pretty much close to reality. Even when it comes to American DOMESTIC politics, let alone foreign policy. If the story of America was a fictional political thriller/drama story 90% of the characters probably wouldn't be seen as "likeable". Just like GoT and HoTD.
Conquest was seen as a valid pursuit in the not very distant past. The show is like the medieval age where it was even more so. I can imagine all this GoT level morality being the norm amongst ruling families back then.

They just couldn't let Jack White be, but once he got in front of his fans he got all excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"