Season 2, Episode 9: "30 Days and 30 Nights" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
IT’S ELECTION DAY – Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) thanks Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) for sticking up for Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) when one of the football players mother’s starts dogging him for getting football season cancelled. Meanwhile, Jordan’s (Alex Garfin) unexpected departure on the mayoral election day leaves Sarah (Inde Navarrette) rattled. Lastly, Natalie (Taylor Buck) and Sarah wonder if they notice a spark between John Henry (Wolé Parks) and Lana. Tyler Hoechlin, Dylan Walsh, Erik Valdez and Sofia Hasmik also star. The episode was directed by Ian Samoil and written by Katie Aldrin & Jai Jamison (#209). Original airdate 3/29/2022.

the-office-its-happening-gif-5.gif

So let me get this straight...
  • John Henry Irons was once married to an alternate version of Lois Lane.
  • Tal-Rho's counterpart from Bizzaro world was married to Lana Lang.
  • Clark Kent is currently married to Lois Lane and used to date Lana Lang in high school.
  • Jordan Kent, son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, is currently going out with Sarah Cushing, daughter of Kyle Cushing and Lana Lang.
  • There might be sparks between John Henry Irons and Lana Lang later this season.
i-am-so-confused.gif

I just want to see Lana become Superwoman Red and hook up with John just like the comics.

The fact that John and Lana might get together makes me happy. Also Lana leaving Kyle and getting with someone who will treat her right makes me want too do this…

Bye Kyle.

So, no new episodes for another 3 weeks huh? I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point and while I understand that a lot of the time these delays are out of their hands, I really do wish it was somewhat scheduled or organized better like not having any more episodes premiere until they've finished the season or something.

That being said I thought this episode was pretty great overall, especially all the stuff with Jordan and seeing him in action which I know would have made his old man proud if he was there.

It looks like we are also getting more Bizzaro world stuff coming up which makes me even more excited for the next episode, but man is the wait going to be a long one.

Very powerful episode. Wow. You could feel the weariness without Clark/Superman around.

Yeah Jordan! Wasn't crazy about him as a character last season but he's been great this year and the journey he's on and becoming a hero in his own right has been special.

Of course he gets hit with the ol "Parker Luck" at the end not being able to juggle both Sarah and the heroing.

Natalie is a straight up brat. I get why she's upset but John Henry is trying to move on and make things better.

I thought Superman was going to swoop in and help save the day at the warehouse there for a sec.

Was not expecting a different Jonathan at the end though. Very interesting. This was a great episode for the midseason finale but the month break is going to be tough

You can tell the producers and writers put their energies into Jordan whom they created for TV.

I hope the two Jonathan’s meet and merge into one.

The show will return on Tom Welling’s birthday.

Is the Flying and Flash time moment meant to be a natural power progression or is it cause Jordan was so close to vast amounts X kryptonite, or do the writers want us to question everything?

Great episode, imo. Probably my 2nd favorite of the season so far behind episode 6.

Obviously I missed Clark but that opening sequence with him and the portal was A+. The heaviness of the whole "world without Superman" setup at the start of the episode was also very well-handled. I love how Lois is handling it too - like, she's obviously stressed and worried, but at the same time, this has probably happened...a few times at this point and you can kinda tell. :funny:

This season's really turning me around on Jordan. Starting to love that kid. Glad they finally put that relationship with Sarah out of its misery though, lol.

We knew Lana would win but it was still gratifying to see! Also glad she's not falling into that "I feel responsible for Kyle" trap that many exes tend to fall into when the person they rightfully broke up with has a harder time coping. Already shipping her and John Henry. Live your best life, Lana!

I'm normally team Natalie with all the crap she's going through emotionally, but this is the first one where she's actually starting to bug me. They need to find another level to write her at because they've kept her at that same exact "angry, grieving teen" setting the last several eps (where someone then makes up with her at the end and makes us think she's gonna mellow out a little bit), and it's starting to grate even on me.

I'm so hyped for Bizarro World and am so mad about yet another hiatus rn. :argh:

Ironic title for this episode. Must be intentional, given the hiatus.

Did the warehouse fire really make a fist and punch Kyle? The flames looked sort of humanoid with those two firenado legs, and that backdraft blast seemed to have knuckles.

General Lane taking his family for a drive right up to the door of the secret-nuclear-weapons-equivalent lab was not at all realistic. Even if he'd had the entire DOD there as backup it wouldn't have been realistic.

Earth relies on Superman too much, like in Red Son where ocean freighters didn't even carry lifejackets. Putting that much pressure on the hero leads to him becoming Irredeemable. Season Three?

I'm guessing Bizarro-Jonathan is the son with powers in his world.

Last edited:
Wasn't there supposed to be a scene between Sam and Lois where they talk about Lucy's betrayal?

As soon as I saw John Henry and Lana talking I knew we were likely getting them dating at some point like in the comics.

I'm convinced that Natalie has two moods: angry, and less angry. While it's sad for Jordan that Sarah broken it off...he deserves so much better. Yeah, he's keeping secrets, but has a reason, and if her rational is that she's not the center of his life, then he deserves better than her. It was also nice to see him using his powers for good and not attempt to show off. Lois wanting to keep him under lock and key makes sense. He isn't Superman, but he can, as he showed, help people when the time calls for it.

Though if Lois tells Clark that Jordan told her that he's the one with superpowers and not her, he might want to find another universe to live on for a few weeks because Clark will chase him to the ends of the Earth. Unfortunate that we got such a big cliffhanger ending and now have to wait until April 26th to see Bizarro World! But again, covid issues. I get it.

I appreciate that Superman had to go through the portal to set up the story for subsequent episodes. But this feat was portrayed as very hazardous. And it seemed to me that chasing after Ally wasn’t sufficient motivation to justify the risk. Whereas, trying to rescue Lucy (family) strikes me as more plausible. However, Lucy is now on the lam (yes?); and Supes was aware that she did not escape through the portal.

I very much liked those scenes of Lois in quiet despair over Clark’s fate: going to bed alone, looking at Clark’s glasses on the table, etc. Those were well done. But they might have skipped the news reports of Superman’s disappearance and the implication of blame (e.g., “another preventable disaster”). Seems to me this was a complication that didn’t really need to be addressed. (Unless disappearance and blame somehow figures into a future plotline…?) Moreover, the absence of Supes inevitably requires a pretext for Clark’s absence — which usually feels lame. Luckily, the good folks of Smallville were too distracted to notice the coincidence. :word:

And my favorite line of the episode…

LOIS (to SAM): What are you doing?... These are fireman chair knots! The harder you struggle, the tighter it gets. If it was a hobble knot, maybe you could wiggle out.

I'm convinced that Natalie has two moods: angry, and less angry.
Natalie and John are like Tal and Kal: survivors from a doomed world, one of them bitter and obsessed with all they’ve lost (especially Mom), the other a workaholic do-gooder.

I loved this episode. Seeing Jordan’s beginning’s as a hero has been great too watch and I know Lois is being a mother but one day the world will really need him and he has to be ready. John stepping up as Earths Savior and him saving that plane was cool and I’m also glad the writers are paving the way for him and Lana.

Those parents and the coach being mad at Jonathan is well deserved because I mean look they have a right to be mad and even Lois got that but Jonathan does seem to be taking responsibility and trying to get by.

Lana winning the election was expected but great and seeing Kyles living conditions made me feel sorry for him but he brought it on himself. I’m ok with Jordan and Sarah breaking up because honestly their relationship reminded me of the bad parts of Smallville with Clark and Lana.

I thought the vfx of Superman going through the portal were on point and started the episode off in a epic way but the aftermath on the effects of it on his family and the world were tragic. Overall great episode.

Idk, I still feel for Natalie. She’s in a new world where she has to see the face of her dead mom and the guy who killed her. On top of that, she sees her dad flirting with someone else on the anniversary of her mom’s death. Yeah, she gets a pass from me.

Good episode. Like I said, I don't care about the super heroics as much as I do about the family stuff, and this was a good episode for that. It was nice to see the Kents deal with Clark's absence. I loved the little nods to the history here, with this not being Clark's first absence and Lois's intimate knowledge of being tied up.

I think Natalie's frustrations are understandable. The first year anniversary of her mom's death is rough. With her father seemingly forgetting and somewhat flirting with another woman, yeah, she would be angry. And to add to it all, the one bit of seemingly comfort she may be able to get, has to be not done, because to use a picture of her mom would mean spoiling her and John's secret.

I do look forward to seeing Mayor Lana.

I'm convinced that Natalie has two moods: angry, and less angry. While it's sad for Jordan that Sarah broken it off...he deserves so much better. Yeah, he's keeping secrets, but has a reason, and if her rational is that she's not the center of his life, then he deserves better than her. It was also nice to see him using his powers for good and not attempt to show off. Lois wanting to keep him under lock and key makes sense. He isn't Superman, but he can, as he showed, help people when the time calls for it.

Though if Lois tells Clark that Jordan told her that he's the one with superpowers and not her, he might want to find another universe to live on for a few weeks because Clark will chase him to the ends of the Earth. Unfortunate that we got such a big cliffhanger ending and now have to wait until April 26th to see Bizarro World! But again, covid issues. I get it.

I think that is a bit harsh on Sarah. I don't think Sarah is asking for him to revolve his world around her, but to be there for hers. It sounds like he has been blowing her off more than what we've seen. And given everything that has happened with her father, Jordan clearly not telling her the full truth is going to be a big issue.

Personally, if I was Jordan, I would be scared of Lois breaking out a kryptonite paddle.

I think that is a bit harsh on Sarah. I don't think Sarah is asking for him to revolve his world around her, but to be there for hers. It sounds like he has been blowing her off more than what we've seen. And given everything that has happened with her father, Jordan clearly not telling her the full truth is going to be a big issue.

Personally, if I was Jordan, I would be scared of Lois breaking out a kryptonite paddle.

I mean, she literally said "Are you ever gonna put me first" and that she can't come second to whatever Jordan's doing. If that's not asking him to revolve his world around her, I don't know what is. Jordan's not exactly gonna have an easier time between his personal life and his powers compared to Sarah who just has family drama to deal with. Much less on her plate. That's not an excuse, but not like Jordan is blowing her off with ill intent.

Here's how I interpret Sarah's line. That when Jordan promises to be there for her, like meeting her camp buddy or helping out on election day, that he does. Lets be honest, the excuses were helping my brother out in a not emergency way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"