Daredevil Season 3, Episode 13 "A New Napkin" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F849401%2Fe8b0a60b-672f-4480-bf20-079faf336ac1.jpg

Discuss the Season 3 finale: "A New Napkin" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
I don’t know whether the Fisk situation is that much different from the end of season 1, but I like where Matt is now emotionally and mentally, like in a start-a-new-page kind of way.

There were things I didn't like about this season but I'm glad it got 13 episodes. I hope we can get more of what I want to see in Season 4.

To be perfectly honest, I'm getting a little tired of just getting teased with the things I want from these shows without ever actually getting them. There's a lot of carrot dangling.

I kind of feel like they closed a lot of threads this season just in case. Iron Fist just got cancelled. Defenders isn't coming back. And who knows what the future of the Marvel Netflix brand is. Maybe they scripted it this way just to be safe.

Do they tease a new costume or if he will only stay in the black from now on?

No. The last time we saw him he was wearing his rags costume. He never gets it back or gets a new one. Even his future of Daredevil is kind of uncertain.

Honestly, I am kind of overwhelmed by how good the finale was. It really was that kind of good. If it was the last episode, it was a brilliant one.

Everything came together, and the triple threat fight was something else. Bullseye losing his mind was just so entertaining and the trio coming back together was just perfect.

No show embraces comic book as well as Daredevil does. And that tease, good lord.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder

Was that Melvin Potter in the freezer? If so, then kiss Gladiator bye bye

I had a lot of fears this season but I have to say none of them came to pass. I was very happy with Matt's character arc and how everything concluded. I feel the showrunner really gets the character. This episode was a lot of fun. The only quibble is maybe the fight at the end wasn't as epic as it could have been, but it appears Bullseye might not be done so that's not the end of the world. I do complain that these Netflix shows seem to do a great job of teasing a true to life comics thing withouot ever completely getting to that point, but we got Fisk in a white suit referred to as Kingpin so I have a little more faith.

Other than that, the episode had action, it had heart, it was just what I wanted it to be.

Legal minutiae: The dying declaration isn't 100% accurate, but it's close. It has to be in a homicide prosecution, although it doesn't have to be the homicide that got the declarant killed. But I do like the idea that a dead witness is the only one who could comfortably testify against Fisk. In other disappointing news, you can't actually form a partnership with a non-lawyer. But I'm glad to see Nelson, Murdock, and Page back together. I do think the journalist angle works fine for Karen, though.

Easy Five Stars on this one.

Honestly, I am kind of overwhelmed by how good the finale was. It really was that kind of good. If it was the last episode, it was a brilliant one.

Everything came together, and the triple threat fight was something else. Bullseye losing his mind was just so entertaining and the trio coming back together was just perfect.

No show embraces comic book as well as Daredevil does. And that tease, good lord.
It was a genuine Triple Threat match lol and a great idea for the finale. It was interesting to see Bullseye develop into a loose cannon and lose his loyalty to Fisk.

What an awesome finale. I really liked how everything came together in the end and how hopeful the future seems for Matt, Karen and Foggy. That triple threat match between Fisk, Matt and Bullseye was so good lol. I honestly wasn't expecting it to go the way it did, but I'm satisfied with the results.

No idea where they go from here, but I am very glad that Bullseye survived and I'm guessing that tease at the end means he's coming back as his more comic book accurate counterpart or am I wrong because I've never read the comics?

I absolutely loved it. Not only this was a fantastic finale (Daredevil screaming at Fisk's face that he beat him gave me chills), the season as a whole was just fantastic.

That said, I gotta comment on this show's annoying tendency to rush into some things a bit too soon. I mean, in season 1 they killed Ben Urich... Only to introduce a new character in season 2 that's pretty much Ben Urich in everything but name. In season 2, they killed Elektra too soon and by the hands of a different character... Only to introduce the character that was actually supposed to kill her in season 3. And now in season 3, they broke Bullseye's back before he even became Bullseye. Now I'm annoyed that we'll probably never get that russian roulette scene from the comics unless it's in a completely different context.

I mean, it's nothing that ruins the show and I still thoroughly enjoyed what they did with the story so far, but it's still a little annoying and frustrating, at least to me.

Last edited:
I have to say, I think this was the best season finale the show has had.
I think it is one of my favorite season finales of any show. I like to read AV Club reviews of shows. They aren't gospel or anything, but I enjoy it. I don't think I have ever disagreed with them more then their review of this finale.

It was neck and neck for me with season one's finale and that's only but this would be ahead of it if not for Fisk's SWAT van monologue and the suit reveal from the first finale. But this was damn near perfection anyway. If not for the tease at the very end, this really felt like a season finale. For all we know it could be given how tense the relationship between Marvel and Netflix is right now, but if it is then at least we got three great seasons of Daredevil.

An amazing end to an amazing season.

Such a great way to finish the action of the season with a triple threat fight between the three main characters. It brought a different feel to the fight and acted as a climax to all their stories.

After an appropriately very dark season for Matt, Karen and Foggy it was also a wonderful end to see them all together, taking an old note and using it to start a new, happier life together.

One thing common to past Netflix seasons is the finale didn't always deliver. I do think this is something more recent Netflix seasons are fixing, though. The finales for DD season 3, Punisher season 1, and Luke Cage season 2 I thought were all excellent and some of the best episodes of the season. In past seasons, even if the finale was good, they were normally not the best episodes of the season. DD season 3's finale just fired on all cylinders and worked so well.

Yeah, this finale was fantastic. Daredevil is the GOAT in terms of superhero TV series. The Punisher is a close second, but Daredevil does a slightly better job of embracing the comic book elements and still making them work in a (somewhat) real world setting. I really, REALLY hope this show doesn't get canceled. Or if it moves to Disney and Marvel's streaming service, I could live with that too. I just hope we get a season 4 so we can hopefully see Bullseye come back in his full costume. Or maybe he'll get the iconic Bullseye brand on his forehead! (Just kidding.)

No. The last time we saw him he was wearing his rags costume. He never gets it back or gets a new one. Even his future of Daredevil is kind of uncertain.
Well, he said
to Bullseye he was coming to get his costume back.
I'm inclined to think Matt would be back in red in an eventual fourth season.
#BACKinRED

Matt might be the most comfortable hero outside of Captain America in the MCU, at this point. He had a solid arc this season... and his balance of Daredevil/Matt will only be stronger now. Ahh, can’t wait for season 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"