Daredevil Season 3, Episode 13 "A New Napkin" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Well, he said
to Bullseye he was coming to get his costume back.
I'm inclined to think Matt would be back in red in an eventual fourth season.
#BACKinRED

Yeah and he never got it back. And there's no guarantee of a fourth season right now. Plus the guy who made his suit is locked away.

Yeah and he never got it back. And there's no guarantee of a fourth season right now. Plus the guy who made his suit is locked away.
I know, I took it as reclaiming the iconography. We'll see, fingers crossed.

Very good finale and very good season. I loved where Matt ends up at the end of the season, back to his normal self (for the most part)

Matt telling Fisk he won gave me chills and was just so epic.

Really liked the trio fight between the three but man, it was SO obvious when it was Fisk's stunt double. Almost took me out of it a little bit.

I still think I enjoyed the first two seasons a little more but I'm hoping and anticipating a season 4

Was good to see the very last shot, but it was a bit cheesy. :D:

The meaning of the title of this episode is lost on me. :huh:
Is it a figure of speech regarding weddings?

The meaning of the title of this episode is lost on me. :huh:
Is it a figure of speech regarding weddings?
No, it's a reference to the napkin Foggy wrote the title of their proposed new firm on, a callback to when he made that proposal to Matt all those years ago, also on a napkin.

No, it's a reference to the napkin Foggy wrote the title of their proposed new firm on, a callback to when he made that proposal to Matt all those years ago, also on a napkin.
Good goddess am I dense... :doh:

One thing common to past Netflix seasons is the finale didn't always deliver. I do think this is something more recent Netflix seasons are fixing, though. The finales for DD season 3, Punisher season 1, and Luke Cage season 2 I thought were all excellent and some of the best episodes of the season. In past seasons, even if the finale was good, they were normally not the best episodes of the season. DD season 3's finale just fired on all cylinders and worked so well.
It really does. the amount of clapping and oh **** moments were just fantastic i was hyped . What a great season overall. As someone else said. this series in in a league of its own.

I really wish that Karen and Foggy had provided Matt backup and been by his side for the final battle, rather than waiting outside the hotel. Like, maybe see Karen protecting Vanessa while Matt does the melee a trois with Dex and Fisk. And also add more chaos to the fight as Fisk tries once again to go after Wesley's killer. Then again, that's something that seems to happen a lot with the female characters in the Netflix shows: you get these strong, capable women, only for them to be sidelined near the end and have the male characters take the lead for the climax. Karen and Foggy were sidelined in the climaxes of the finales for the first two seasons. They should've participated in the fight here.

Eh, I disagree. I don't see how it's weird that a male character takes the lead for the climax when the show's protagonist actually is a male. It would have been strange if Matt wasn't in the lead. Matt also has superpowers and is a trained fighter. Karen and Foggy .... not so much. And how would Karen and Foggy even be able to get to the fight? Foggy had already made sure that cops would be there. And would Karen really risk her life to protect Vanessa? I doubt it. And wouldn't it make Vanessa less strong and capable if she needs to be protected by Karen? And Fisk wouldn't go after Karen if she protects Vanessa.

Well, I guess we'll see where they go from here. Fisk is re-arrested, but now how does he get out of it?

Maybe involve some of the other Marvel Maggia folks for Season 4. Have some more enhanced hitmen.

I liked the JJ reference at the end.

I really wish that Karen and Foggy had provided Matt backup and been by his side for the final battle, rather than waiting outside the hotel. Like, maybe see Karen protecting Vanessa while Matt does the melee a trois with Dex and Fisk. And also add more chaos to the fight as Fisk tries once again to go after Wesley's killer. Then again, that's something that seems to happen a lot with the female characters in the Netflix shows: you get these strong, capable women, only for them to be sidelined near the end and have the male characters take the lead for the climax. Karen and Foggy were sidelined in the climaxes of the finales for the first two seasons. They should've participated in the fight here.
I don't quite get this. Foggy and Karen aren't fighters. It would be different if it were someone like Elektra or JJ getting sidelined. I also wouldn't expect Malcolm to feature in a final battle in a JJ show, while Misty and Colleen who are fighters certainly don't get sidelined in their respective shows. In fact they get nice fight scenes even without the title character featuring.

I don't quite get this. Foggy and Karen aren't fighters. It would be different if it were someone like Elektra or JJ getting sidelined. I also wouldn't expect Malcolm to feature in a final battle in a JJ show, while Misty and Colleen who are fighters certainly don't get sidelined in their respective shows. In fact they get nice fight scenes even without the title character featuring.

Even those side action characters get sidelined in final battles. Like, in Luke Cage, Misty wasn't really a participant in the season 1 climactic street brawl between Luke and Diamondback and was more doing crowd control. In The Punisher season 1, the carousel showdown saw Madani get shot in the head pretty early on and taken out of the fight. In Iron Fist season 1, we had Colleen deal with Harold's bodyguards while Danny faced Harold off one-on-one. In Iron Fist season 2, we had a role reversal where the duel of Iron Fists at the end wasn't Davos vs. Danny but Davos vs. Danny's girlfriend (which I know a few weren't happy about).

I'll admit, though, yeah, it'd be contrived to find a way to get Karen and Foggy to be there actively participating in the final battle without it just making things messier.

Even those side action characters get sidelined in final battles. Like, in Luke Cage, Misty wasn't really a participant in the season 1 climactic street brawl between Luke and Diamondback and was more doing crowd control. In The Punisher season 1, the carousel showdown saw Madani get shot in the head pretty early on and taken out of the fight. In Iron Fist season 1, we had Colleen deal with Harold's bodyguards while Danny faced Harold off one-on-one. In Iron Fist season 2, we had a role reversal where the duel of Iron Fists at the end wasn't Davos vs. Danny but Davos vs. Danny's girlfriend (which I know a few weren't happy about).

I'll admit, though, yeah, it'd be contrived to find a way to get Karen and Foggy to be there actively participating in the final battle without it just making things messier.
That very last battle usually ends in a 1 on 1 for story reasons, whatever gender you're dealing with. It is what the story usually leads to, the hero facing his or her nemesis alone. I'm all for female characters getting involved as much as possible though and I definitely prefer Misty, Colleen and Jessica Jones over Danny Rand here! :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"