• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past Sebastian Shaw & Magneto rivals?

bhayes

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't recall them having any special history. is this for the movie only.

1676651-300px_new_mutants_vol_1_75_super.jpg

In the movie magneto and shaw seem to be the same age. But some spoilers seem to indicate that shaw wronged him in some way or ruined his life somehow. and that shaw is his arch nemesis.

any thoughts.

Yeah, they seem to be going by way of the Dr. Schmidt plot (also present in the 'Magneto Origins script) where Shaw was present as a doctor at the Holocaust who did experiments on young Erik, making him believe that that is why he has his powers, leading him to hunt down Nazis, and ultimately Schmidt/Shaw.

I think its great, seeing two x-men/comic book characters as big as them being rivals and having a history with each other, i always like directors add with the characters that didn;t have history int he comics make it more of a grand and epic scale.

Yeah, they seem to be going by way of the Dr. Schmidt plot (also present in the 'Magneto Origins script) where Shaw was present as a doctor at the Holocaust who did experiments on young Erik, making him believe that that is why he has his powers, leading him to hunt down Nazis, and ultimately Schmidt/Shaw.

Does Shaw have halted aging? i mean they both look to be two guys in their late 30's so how could shaw have been a holocaust doctor that destroyed his life?

but its cool though so that's his power he is agelessness? and he can absorb energy and hulk out with muscles.

This is going to be an one epic battle but only one can win in a losing game.

I would imagine they could use the energy absorption ability as a means for his youth.

well if sebastian shaw is now ageless and that's his mutant power then i'm cool with that.

again portraying mutant powers on screen is hard. his power as portrayed in the comics and in the animated series would be hard to do.

i guess shaw is more like Ras'Al Gul from Batman. As long as they explain his ageless ness in a way that makes sense on screen then i'm cool with it.

i'm curious about this. In order to create a good rivalry there must be a way to build up the tension between the rivals.

so by the time they battle it would be a cool fight. but i'm curious i mean, how will they fight each other. As we have seen the previous films, magneto can whoop some ass if there is metal around.

He can either have a lackey do his dirty work for him or he can pull out a gun and shoot Magneto with a ceramic bullet.

Either way he's pretty much immortal with his powers. Even if he's trapped.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Last edited:
Well, Bacon said Shaw's mostly the evil-plotter-on-his-throne-type, but also said that he's part of a very cool action sequence in a hall of mirrors. We've seen the hall of mirrors, and we've seen who most of believe is Shaw in the hall with the helmet on. And we're theorizing that's where Magneto gets his helmet - after kicking Shaw's ass. Either way, I think there's going to be a lot going on inside and outside of the submarine in Cuba. I'm expecting a pretty crazy finale.

Well, Bacon said Shaw's mostly the evil-plotter-on-his-throne-type, but also said that he's part of a very cool action sequence in a hall of mirrors. We've seen the hall of mirrors, and we've seen who most of believe is Shaw in the hall with the helmet on. And we're theorizing that's where Magneto gets his helmet - after kicking Shaw's ass. Either way, I think there's going to be a lot going on inside and outside of the submarine in Cuba. I'm expecting a pretty crazy finale.

wow that sounds interesting. so that was shaw in the hallway with the hellmet.

this is gonna be a great film. i like a film that can balance drama with action.

if they had did this film instead of orgins and just replace havok with someone else then this film would be perfect.

but i need some clarity, is shaw ageless? does he bathe in lazarus pits or something? what exactly is his mutant power?

even though i hate the changes - i think as a film it will be great.

Now that I read this, the past few weeks, although I haven't watched any of the movies lately, those lines about radiation and mutants in "X-Men" and "X2" and how it doesn't affect them, made me think that maybe Magneto does defeat Bacon (I was gonna write Shaw, but wrote Bacon, it made me laugh so I'm leaving it), takes the helmet, so that Charles doesn't find out about the sabotage or try to stop him, and when he opens his hand in the trailer it's not to stop the missiles but to actually redirect them, because crazy nuclear devastation wouldn't actually affect the mutants, so what's the problem?

...And this is why I suck at writing in forums. Can't wait to be proven wrong on June 4.

I do wanna know this, did Red Skull know someone was using his name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"