Sequel Announced! Ant-Man and The Wasp

Really excited for this! Wasp should be awesome! I wonder if they will go back into the microverse and if so which charatcers would they meet there?

I cant tell you how pumped I was to hear this news!

Wondrous news. So glad they're getting a sequel with Wasp also headlining. And this will be Ant-Man's third big screen appearance. Unless he's appearing in Infinity War, which is also that year isn't it, which will make it his fourth. I'm glad we don't have to wait ages for a sequel.

I thought they said they thought about putting her in IW but then decided not to but now that the sequel comes out before I'm hoping this means she'll be in.

I thought that was about Civil War that they decided against having her. If her movie comes out before IW2, then she can definitely show up in part 2.

Last edited:
At least this time, they won't have an excuse to exclude a female character from merchandising, seeing as said character is in the very title of the film.

At least this time, they won't have an excuse to exclude a female character from merchandising, seeing as said character is in the very title of the film.

You'd think that for a company that made billions selling princesses merchandises, Disney would've been into the female superheroes as well.

You'd think that for a company that made billions selling princesses merchandises, Disney would've been into the female superheroes as well.

Dear Raiden,

Girls don't like superheroes and boys don't like girl superheroes.

Love,
Ike Perlmutter

While it's a little clunky and therefore wouldn't be used as the "official" movie title, I think Ant-Men And The Wasps might prove to be more accurate.

Pym
&Lang
&Hope
&Janet

Woooooo!

The only turd in that particular punch-bowl might be the fact that Michael Douglas signed for only one movie. He seemed pretty enthusiastic about appearing in the sequel though... so here's hoping that gets done.

500px-Ant-Man_%26_Wasp_Vol_1_1.jpg

I'm glad we're finally going to see some Eric O' Grady/Hank Pym rivalry :o

Hank & Janet can really take on the "older decade-plus experienced but retired superheroes" role to mentor/advise the Avengers in future Avengers movies.

Hank & Janet can really take on the "older decade-plus experienced but retired superheroes" role to mentor/advise the Avengers in future Avengers movies.

That's what I really hope happens, I would love a scene of Hank scolding Stark for making Ultron as well just as a little nod.

While it's a little clunky and therefore wouldn't be used as the "official" movie title, I think Ant-Men And The Wasps might prove to be more accurate.

Pym
&Lang
&Hope
&Janet

Woooooo!

The only turd in that particular punch-bowl might be the fact that Michael Douglas signed for only one movie. He seemed pretty enthusiastic about appearing in the sequel though... so here's hoping that gets done.
That's even more clunky...

Last edited:
As long as Michael Douglas is in the sequel in some capacity I'm happy. Bring it on! :atm: :up:

When is the name of this forum going to be changed to Ant-Man and the Wasp? Other films in Phase 3 already have a forum and they're further off in the future (eg Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, Infinity War etc), and also all the DC stuff.

I really do wish they would alter the name, TBH. I HATE this title; sounds too awkward.

I wish they would get rid of the "Wasp" piece and incorporate a subtitle instead.

And no, I am not being sexist either; it is an awkward title, that is that. If the roles were reversed where Wasp was the main protagonist of the series, and the second movie was titled "The Wasp and Antman", I would say the same thing: remove the "Antman" from it.

Ant-Man: The Sting of the Wasp.

Ant-Man: Nectar of the Wasp.

:o

It should be titled...

The Bug Squad

or

The Insect Icons

or

Hymenoptera

Why does everything opinionated that I say here warrant a smart attitude?

Can you explain to me why it is a sound title instead of indirectly referring to me as an illogical idiot? Thanks! :whatever:

Sounds like a comic book.
I agree with this however

Last edited:
How about just "Ant Man & Wasp?" Simple, yet tells you everything that you need to know.

I have no issues with the "and" in the title. One of my favorite movies growing up was Smokey and the Bandit and it had an "and" in it and I group up well adjusted in spite of liking that title.

I like the title.

Sounds like a comic book.

Me too, (i.e. Batman & Robin) plus it was my actual guess for what the Ant-man sequel would be called.

I have no issues with the "and" in the title. One of my favorite movies growing up was Smokey and the Bandit and it had an "and" in it and I group up well adjusted in spite of liking that title.

Maybe it's a generational thing, it doesn't bother me either and lots of classic TV shows had a "and" or "&".

Sanford & Son
Starsky & Hutch
Laverne & Shirley
Mork & Mindy
Cagney & Lacey

Also...
Remember the TV show "Chico and the Man"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"