The Villain of Ant-Man and the Wasp

Well, it was news to me and Devin framed it as a "spoiler" in his review, so I thought it was a fresh scoop. My mistake.

I love that icon btw.

Whirlwind and Porcupine would be cool. team up or not.

Erik Josten, who became the first Power Man, Goliath and then Atlas, might make an interesting villain. He could be "Scott gone wrong." In the comics, Josten became more of a good guy with his "big brother" relationship with Jolt.

Egghead and Whirlwind seem like the obvious choices, plus you could easily just have Whirlwind be Egghead's henchman.

Whirlwind sounds like an interesting dynamic. He can't shrink, but he can certainly be a threat to a tiny Ant-Man.

Although I kind of wish something could be worked out with Hasbro to create the trippiest film ever as Ant-Man goes back into the "Quantum Realm" and meets the Micronauts. Seriously, though I assume they have to go back there (if Jan's there) and I wonder what they'd meet.

I wonder how long it'll be until we find out who the villain will be. They're supposed to start production in June of 2017, so maybe we'll find out early next year?

Wayne Knight voiced Egghead on Avenger Assemble and he could reprise the role in live action.

Whoever suggested Erik Josten as villain he would actually be perfect

Josten would work well as a henchman. He is a former Marine turned mercenary in the comics and would well as muscle for a villain like Egghead

Wayne Knight voiced Egghead on Avenger Assemble and he could reprise the role in live action.

sure, he could work. to be different, I'd probably go with someone like Rick Hoffman.

my choice for Whirlwind is Matt Schulze. instead of a being a mutant or inhuman, he'd be one of the mercenaries that A.I.M employs and outfits via mad science. he'd have a really fancy oscillating flight harness that allows him to surround himself with a destructive wind vortex.

I don't have a favorite for Erik Josten, just yet. they should probably already be physically imposing, though.

Whirlwind as the main villain actually works

A Rapaccini led A.I.M and Psycho-Man

A Rapaccini led A.I.M and Psycho-Man

definitely agree with Rappaccini being involved (it'd be great to see them fight a bioweapon on a molecular level). the rights to Psycho-Man belong to FOX.

latest

my top 3 list to play Doc Rappaccini

Monica Bellucci
220px-Monica_Bellucci,_Women's_World_Awards_2009_b.jpg

Catherine Zeta-Jones
907e3f49f84467f3aa72f4a51c2dded4.jpg

Shohreh Aghdashloo
f712c5c8535adfc942d37ade62d6d1d7.jpg

definitely agree with Rappaccini being involved (it'd be great to see them fight a bioweapon on a molecular level). the rights to Psycho-Man belong to FOX.

latest

We don't know that. Psycho-Man first showed up with Fantastic 4, yes, but he's faced Ant-Man and other heroes throughout the years. First or even frequent appearances in a particular title don't always mean a studio has ownership of that character. Look at BP. It could even be a Quicksilver scenario, or even what happened with Ego has already happened with Psycho-Man and other chatacters behind the scenes. Gunn did say Ego wasn't an isolated insident.

We don't know that. Psycho-Man first showed up with Fantastic 4, yes, but he's faced Ant-Man and other heroes throughout the years. First or even frequent appearances in a particular title don't always mean a studio has ownership of that character. Look at BP. It could even be a Quicksilver scenario, or even what happened with Ego has already happened with Psycho-Man and other chatacters behind the scenes. Gunn did say Ego wasn't an isolated insident.

he has faced Ant-Man once outside of Marvel Adventures.

doesn't mean anything but Monica Rappaccini appears in the first issue of Unstoppable Wasp. my optimism makes me think that she's considered a Pym-family villain now. that improves her chances of appearing in one of the movies. one of the variant covers for this issue is Hope's movie suit.

I hope they incorporate Whirlwind and his infatuation with the Wasp in some way.

One word:

M.O.D.O.K.

Not because he's really an Ant-Man villain or closely associated with the character, but where else is he gonna get the chance to pop up!

M.O.D.O.K. may be the best choice

I wonder if we are gonna get a male AND female villain teaming up. Seems logical given its both an Ant-Man and Wasp movie.

I wonder if we are gonna get a male AND female villain teaming up. Seems logical given its both an Ant-Man and Wasp movie.

I dunno designated chick fight trope is a bit out dated though i could definitely see rappaccini as a head of an organization that employs a heavy who is used as a physical villain

Or... Change up the final confrontation. Scott fights the female villain and Hope fights the male one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"