The Suits of Ant-Man and the Wasp

SirThomasSharpe

Civilian
Reaction score
Recently, at Marvel's "open house", journalists were shown concept art from Ant-Man and the Wasp, including concept art of the character's new suits. Ant-Man's "3.0 suit" is described as a more streamlined version of his suit from Civil War. The Wasp's suit is described as being the same suit seen in the post-credits scene of Ant-Man, only with added silver sleeves. What are your thoughts on these changes? Are there any alterations to the suits you're hoping to see?

I want Wasp to look less like Ant-Man and more like classic Wasp.

I also want them to find a way to show her helmetless, or at least without her face covered. If the problem is the science, and that the air molecules would be too big to breathe, then give her a transparent helmet, or even an invisible one that gives the appearance of her not wearing a helmet, but is actually there around her head like an invisible shield.

I also don't want Wasp to just have one outfit. I know she's not Janet, but they should give that aspect to Hope now that we're barely going to see Janet, if at all. Make her a fashion guru, who loves to experiment with different styles. So like Iron Man, she keeps changing the suit all the time, except that she would do it far more than Stark and would have several different suits in the same movie.

So like Iron Man, she keeps changing the suit all the time, except that she would do it far more than Stark and would have several different suits in the same movie.

That would bug (no pun intended :yay:) me. Maybe two suits in a movie. I wouldn't want more than that.

That would bug (no pun intended :yay:) me. Maybe two suits in a movie. I wouldn't want more than that.

But even Iron Man usually has about three. In Iron Man 1 he had that number. That didn't exactly seem too many. And in Iron Man 3, he had hundreds.

Wasp can have at least three. If it's just two, it's no more than the standard number of suits that other superheroes have in their movies (usually a proto version and then a later version).

Wasp can have at least three. If it's just two, it's no more than the standard number of suits that other superheroes have in their movies (usually a proto version and then a later version).

Yep, I'm fine with that! :yay:

I assumed the Wasp suit would look something like this.

1gUX5e6.png

Isn't the one in the picture that Lilly posted just the original Wasp's suit? I doubt that's what she'll wear in the movie.

EDIT: Um yeah I'm dumb. It's one of the concept arts for the first movie. First time I see it.

Last edited:
It is a bit of a shame that so many of the costumes are just blue and/or red.

I kinda hope, no pun, that the Wasp suit is something the character continues to modify as a nod to Janet having so many variety in her look over the years.

Oh I'm sure she'll get plenty of different costumes... just like every other hero of the MCU. :hehe:

Even him is going to get a new one in IW. [BLACKOUT]Balding middle-aged man[/BLACKOUT]. Best costume ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"