The Villain of Ant-Man and the Wasp

Brandt was a female heavy in Iron Man 3.

Marvel has been using more female villains since Feige got out from under Perlmutter so I think a female villain of some sort is highly likely.

Iron Man 3 isn't a great example since the villain was changed specifically to avoid a female villain as the main one. It doesn't change your point since I think it's at least heavily rumored to be Perlmutter's fault there.

I only mentioned it because this movie is going to have Ant-Man and Wasp as the co-leads, so I figured a male villain and a female villain team up would be thematically appropriate. I don't know what story they're going with for the movie, so that would obviously have an effect on what villain they use.

Like I said I think it would be good to change up expectations. Have Scott have to face a powered female villain and Hope take on a powered male villain.

I am shamed to say... I am blanking on any significant Marvel villains with insect themes.

Like I said I think it would be good to change up expectations. Have Scott have to face a powered female villain and Hope take on a powered male villain.

I am shamed to say... I am blanking on any significant Marvel villains with insect themes.

They don't have to just face insect themed villains :cwink:

Female insect themed villains with links to Ant-Man & Wasp I can think of are

Yellowjacket (2) (Rita DeMara) - Stole Pym's gear and became reluctant villain before becoming a hero.

Beetle (Janice Lincoln) - A armor powered villain who was sex buddies with Lang and is the daughter of Tombstone. She is a Lawyer by day and villain by night. Fought the Wasps (Janet and Nadia) in this weeks issue of Unstoppable Wasp.

I've always though Swarm would make a good villain for Ant-Man & Wasp in the comics. Nazis scientist made of Bees seems more like a Ant-Man and Wasp rogue than a Spider-Man one.

I'm guessing Ghost and Goggins will be working closely together?

They really do need to finally make Hank Pym a villain. It's way past time

Not in this universe.

Nor was he outside of the Ultimate universe. He was a woman beater as much as Peter Parker was one.

Honestly, Jim Shooter doesn't do characters any favors. While I completely buy that the intent wasn't to have Pym strike Janet, I don't think there's any real way to read the issue and not at least see psychological abuse.

I don't really get why Hank Pym 'has to be evil' in the movie because of a nearly forty year old comic storyline. Seems like a weird reasoning for suddenly making a character a villain.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for the movie. Also, even at his worst, it doesn't make sense for Hank Pym in the comics outside of a Pymtron scenario.

Hope her powers, suit and tech to be more then pure shifting.

hope for Whirlwind but with better tech and armor...
Wy not use more villians in first, sequels and triquels?

I would love to see Radioactive man, Blizzard(this villian needs to appaer) and maybe really should they bring back Klaw to life(like in the comivs) and make a big cross over with Black Panther and other super heroes and more cross overs with others too.
Zemo is alive in prison? there are also other Black Panther villians that can cause quakes.
Or mamy with Dr Strange, Dormammu and other magical villians?

When I watched the alll animated series from with them then the Hulk, Thor, Guardian of the Galaxy based storylines where awsome with them.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Ghost is the main villain. She probably is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out she's working for someone else.

I'm hoping Walton Goggins isn't wasted here since he's too good of an actor to have that happen.

I had no idea he was in this. Wow! That's exciting!

We don't know who he's playing?

I agree, it'd be a shame to waste him.

I had no idea he was in this. Wow! That's exciting!

We don't know who he's playing?

I agree, it'd be a shame to waste him.
He's playing Sonny Burch, a minor villain and businessman in the comics but will be more of a low-level criminal here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"