Shang Chi’s costume

He looks like some random generic character and not Shang Chi. That could've been anyone.

He looks very much like how marvel create superhero costumes but it doesn’t look comfortable for a martial artist

Here it is via the toys.

a05d7b389aba73da51002af2c50edf6f.jpg

Looks ok. It has the same bland vibe as Eternals. Having said that it's not like there was a great costume from the comics to go with either. Hopefully it looks better in live action.

I don’t mean to be rude but it looks like mortal kombat did it better

It’s ok. A little too busy in the chest and arms.

Hmm. The top has that "mcu look" which isn't really a problem. I'm just glad that it doesn't look costumey and cosplay.

It looks a lot better in action and I get that it’s more of a practical look because obviously he has to do high kicks and stuff.

I think this will be the warm up outfit though and then in the last act something will happen that will give him a new hot girl summer costume

Whenever I look at his chest it just makes me think of the MacKintosh designs I would see in art class as a kid, like something you would see on the back of a chair. Why is that mess of lines even there, does it have any significance?

Personally I think they should have gone with a inspired by Kato (instead of the more obvious Game of Death homage they did in the comics). I think a Kato style costume without the hat and gloves, but with the same red material and texture of the jacket there in the pic would potentially look great, just de-emphasise those busy lines, remove those weird shoulder pads and it could look a lot better imo.

In all honesty while that's the closest to 2 on the first page, I'm guessing that's the final form. They may do some variation on everything on the first page through-out the film.

The first is just a spin on a Karate gi. The others are just essentially pants and T-Shirts with some Asian-esque designs. Guessing we see them all. But that's not a bad look for a final costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"