Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

There are many rumors about a trailer today, but no confirmation until now.

So all the speculation is based on Simu Liu‘s birthday?
I also believe, that we‘ll get a teaser the next few weeks, because the other MCU projects do need promotion too, and now could be a free slot for Shang Chi...but I don‘t think we‘re getting a teaser, because its the birthday of the leading actor...

Simu Liu posted the poster few minutes ago on twitter. He said the trailer in a few weeks from now.

lol the trailer in a few weeks...that‘s what he and the actors for Eternals are saying now for almost a year (I know its not their fault)
semi-impressed about the poster

Edit: I thought he meant the teaser not the trailer. Makes sense, to release the trailer 2 months prior (July - ComicCon month)

Last edited:
That poster looks boring. He's just standing there. Couldn't they have stuck him in a fighting pose like something off of one of the Shang Chi comics?

Kickass trailer. So hyped for this movie. :D

Also it seems like we're gonna get some flashbacks to Mandarin's time as a warrior king, if the All Hail The King short is any indication.

Ok I have 0 knowledge of Shang Chi, so do feel free to enlighten me, but that looked insanely cool!

absolutely amazing, i dont know how feige does it he just always on point with everything.

The movie looks stunning with the visuals and fight choreography. I'm fully vaccinated, and Shang-Chi just might be the first movie to draw me back into a movie theater this Fall.

Movie looks raw as hell.

Love it. Hope the fights keep grounded looking and not too much wire fu.

That looked damn cool. When reading Shang-Chi comics as a little kid in the 70s, never would I thought there would be a movie almost 50 years later lol.

Also, even though they aren't fully comparable, makes you wonder what Iron Fist could've been if it had even a fraction of the effort that this teaser trailer has.

Ok I have 0 knowledge of Shang Chi, so do feel free to enlighten me, but that looked insanely cool!
All you really need to know about comic Shang Chi is he is the son of a Chinese near immortal magical crime lord who was raised to be his heir to his empire. Shang Chi has been trained since a small child to be the greatest martial artist (and possibly the greatest hand to hand fighter alive).

The movie is seemingly merging Iron Man's arch enemy the Mandarin with Shang Chi's father and arch enemy Zheng Zu. They are also sliming down Shang Chi's family by ditching all his other siblings except his sister Zheng Bao Yu who is called Xialing in the movie.

Shang Chi didn't know his dad was a supervillain at first in the comics and turns against him when he finds out. He teams up with MI6 to take down his father empire.

In the movie it seems like Shang possibly knows his dad isn't a good guy and his father has let him live in the U.S for a decade as part of some sort of rumspringa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"