Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

Masks on during a movie is an absolute no-no for me. It is not comfortable to breathe by having something over my face for 2 hours, and unless I wear contacts then my glasses will also steam up. I'd rather watch at home than sit in a crowded theatre. I would not want people right next to me in a seat or even in the row in front or behind. There would need to be a gap. But would theatres even want to leave that kind of gap or are they more concerned about box office numbers and ticket sales than safety?
P889eq0.gif

Not surprising in the least.

No I agree...wearing masks for a long period of time is pretty uncomfortable and it’s not fun when you have glasses on too. I’m not saying you shouldn’t wear a mask, but for me personally, going to a movie theater for a couple of hours isn’t worth the uncomfortableness that comes with mask wearing.

So that's Black Widow and Shang Chi doing that now? What about Eternals and Spider-Man: NWH?

Black Widow is day and date and Shang Chi is 45 days later. They haven’t announced the plans for Eternals yet but I’m guessing it will be 45 days later too. Spider-Man is probably theaters only? I think Sony is in charge for that one?

You can be damn sure I'm seeing this and Black Widow in theatres, I'll wear a hundred masks if I have to.

People without glasses roll eyes on this and never understand...
As someone who wears reading glasses.

I will say you just need to arrange your mask so it wouldn't steam up. It happens to me sometimes.

Unless your cinema is like the sauna, it won't be as comfortable as wearing face masks outdoor in broad daylight.

Or you could do what I do and get contacts that you wear for 3 years straight

Or you could do what I do and get contacts that you wear for 3 years straight

My Lenses broke and a doctor was needed to remove the fragments behind me eyeball - that was when I returned to glasses. Also my eyes are dry and liquids didn’t help.

I was half joking. I've had no problems with wearing the same ones for this long, but I can't really afford to be buying new ones every couple of months.

You can be damn sure I'm seeing this and Black Widow in theatres, I'll wear a hundred masks if I have to.
Yeah honestly though if you aren't working from home and it needs to wear mask from 8 to 5. Sitting in a movie theater for 2 hours is nothing. Plus theaters are cold anyway. It might be uncomfortable but you won't be sweating.

Just suck it up, really. Doctors wear masks for a longer time in surgeries for eXample. This is for safety anyway.

Yeah, the people I've seen who complain about masks are all healthy 20 somethings that think they're entrepreneurs and blame communism for long lines at Starbucks. One dude on my facebook who proudly proclaimed he doesn't delete people who disagree with him about antimasking because he doesn't like censorship, so I called him a muppet and he blocked me. These people only want a pat on the back for how much of a free thinker they are, and if it interferes with their echo chamber, that censorship thing goes right out the window.

Feel bad for this movie. Pre-Covid, I think it could have done huge numbers. Now because Marvel has to release 100000 movies in a short amount of time, it’s being sandwiched between Black Widow and Eternals, both of which seem to have a more high profile publicity.

Feel bad for this movie. Pre-Covid, I think it could have done huge numbers. Now because Marvel has to release 100000 movies in a short amount of time, it’s being sandwiched between Black Widow and Eternals, both of which seem to have a more high profile publicity.

That and Anti-Asian sentiment because of COVID doesn't help.

I wouldn’t rule it out. People always expect disaster for every new marvel film and then when it comes out they say “it was always guaranteed to be a smash”

Not excited for this at all. But I am excited to see how this movie ties into the larger MCU. I hope it’s good but the trailer and promotional materials have done nothing for me.

Below is a 4chan leak for Shangchi
Not sure if real but here it is

Shang-Chi is the son of the Mandarin, but refuses to follow in on his father’s footsteps and flees to the United States.

10 years later, Shang-Chi and his friend Katy work at a hotel in San Francisco. Razorfist and his men attack them in a bus, but they manage to escape.

Shang-Chi and Katy visit Katy’s cousin Jon-Jon, a small time gangster who can hook them up new identities.Shang-Chi has to participate in a cage match to pay for Jon-Jon’s help, and ends up fighting his sister Xialing.

Katy realizes that Jon-Jon sold Shang-Chi out and saves him. They steal a car and flee to a construction site, where Shang-Chi fights his master Death Dealer.
Razorfist captures Katy to force Shang-Chi to give up, and Xialing takes them to the Ten Rings’ lair where Shang-Chi reunites with the Mandarin.

The Mandarin is preparing an attack on the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, a hidden city in the mountains, now that their magical barrier is weakened in order to reclaim a great power and conquer the world.

The Mandarin believes it is his duty to rule the world and genuinely cares about Shang-Chi and wants him by his side, but Shang-Chi refuses.
Xialing is disappointed their father doesn’t want her by his side and helps Shang-Chi and Katy to escape.

Shang-Chi, Katy and Xialing go to the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon to warn them. They meet its protector Jiang Nan and her daughter Jiang Li, who bonds with Shang-Chi.
Shang-Chi trains with Jiang Li to unlock his chi, Katy befriends the locals and adopts a magical creature that she names “Norris”, and Xialing learns the true history of the Mandarin.

The Mandarin arrived in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon as a young man and trained there, but stole the ten rings and escaped to build his criminal empire.
Jiang Li leads Shang-Chi to the Great Protector, the dragon who holds the great power that the Mandarin is after.

The Great Protector claims Shang-Chi is destined to protect the world, but Shang-Chi just wants a normal life.
Xialing is secretly still loyal to the Mandarin and reluctantly disables the magical barrier, allowing the Mandarin and his forces to attack.
The Mandarin subjugates the locals and uses the ten rings to control the Great Protector in order to use him as a weapon. Jiang Nan stands against him, forcing the Mandarin to kill her.
The Mandarin orders the locals to submit to him or die. Xialing pleads for their lives, but the Mandarin refuses to spare them. Xialing realizes he isn’t a noble warrior and chooses to die with the locals.

Shang-Chi escapes during the attack, accepts his destiny, unlocks his chi and returns to face his father, saving the locals.
There is a huge battle between the Mandarin’s army and the warriors of the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon and the magical creatures that live in the mountains.

Razorfirst fights Jiang Li and almost kills her until Katy intervenes and takes him down. Meanwhile, Xialing fights and kills Death Dealer.

Shang-Chi battles the Mandarin. They both use their powers at first, but then Shang-Chi challenges him to an honorable fight, which he wins.

Shang-Chi reclaims the ten rings and frees the Great Protector, who repels the remains of the Mandarin’s army. He then returns the ten rings to Jiang Li.
Katy chooses to stay in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, while Xialing leaves to search for redemption.

The Mandarin accepts defeat and expresses pride in Shang-Chi, who in turns expresses respect towards his father even if his ideals are wrong.
The Mandarin is imprisoned in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, while Shang-Chi returns to the world to destroy what is left of the Ten Rings organization.

Last edited:
Not sure if real but hear it is

Shang-Chi is the son of the Mandarin, but refuses to follow in on his father’s footsteps and flees to the United States.

10 years later, Shang-Chi and his friend Katy work at a hotel in San Francisco. Razorfist and his men attack them in a bus, but they manage to escape.

Shang-Chi and Katy visit Katy’s cousin Jon-Jon, a small time gangster who can hook them up new identities.Shang-Chi has to participate in a cage match to pay for Jon-Jon’s help, and ends up fighting his sister Xialing.

Katy realizes that Jon-Jon sold Shang-Chi out and saves him. They steal a car and flee to a construction site, where Shang-Chi fights his master Death Dealer.
Razorfist captures Katy to force Shang-Chi to give up, and Xialing takes them to the Ten Rings’ lair where Shang-Chi reunites with the Mandarin.

The Mandarin is preparing an attack on the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, a hidden city in the mountains, now that their magical barrier is weakened in order to reclaim a great power and conquer the world.

The Mandarin believes it is his duty to rule the world and genuinely cares about Shang-Chi and wants him by his side, but Shang-Chi refuses.
Xialing is disappointed their father doesn’t want her by his side and helps Shang-Chi and Katy to escape.

Shang-Chi, Katy and Xialing go to the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon to warn them. They meet its protector Jiang Nan and her daughter Jiang Li, who bonds with Shang-Chi.
Shang-Chi trains with Jiang Li to unlock his chi, Katy befriends the locals and adopts a magical creature that she names “Norris”, and Xialing learns the true history of the Mandarin.

The Mandarin arrived in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon as a young man and trained there, but stole the ten rings and escaped to build his criminal empire.
Jiang Li leads Shang-Chi to the Great Protector, the dragon who holds the great power that the Mandarin is after.

The Great Protector claims Shang-Chi is destined to protect the world, but Shang-Chi just wants a normal life.
Xialing is secretly still loyal to the Mandarin and reluctantly disables the magical barrier, allowing the Mandarin and his forces to attack.
The Mandarin subjugates the locals and uses the ten rings to control the Great Protector in order to use him as a weapon. Jiang Nan stands against him, forcing the Mandarin to kill her.
The Mandarin orders the locals to submit to him or die. Xialing pleads for their lives, but the Mandarin refuses to spare them. Xialing realizes he isn’t a noble warrior and chooses to die with the locals.

Shang-Chi escapes during the attack, accepts his destiny, unlocks his chi and returns to face his father, saving the locals.
There is a huge battle between the Mandarin’s army and the warriors of the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon and the magical creatures that live in the mountains.

Razorfirst fights Jiang Li and almost kills her until Katy intervenes and takes him down. Meanwhile, Xialing fights and kills Death Dealer.

Shang-Chi battles the Mandarin. They both use their powers at first, but then Shang-Chi challenges him to an honorable fight, which he wins.

Shang-Chi reclaims the ten rings and frees the Great Protector, who repels the remains of the Mandarin’s army. He then returns the ten rings to Jiang Li.
Katy chooses to stay in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, while Xialing leaves to search for redemption.

The Mandarin accepts defeat and expresses pride in Shang-Chi, who in turns expresses respect towards his father even if his ideals are wrong.
The Mandarin is imprisoned in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, while Shang-Chi returns to the world to destroy what is left of the Ten Rings organization.

Interesting that
this is a self contained story without any MCU connections at all.

Not sure if real but hear it is

I couldn't help it and broke down and read most of it. Honestly it sounds standard, but perfectly fine and should be pretty enjoyable under the usual Marvel formula.

Not that I'm saying I believe it though, but I think it's believable. But now I see how someone can just watch the trailer and then fill in the blanks to give us a supposed leak that's very plausible. I couldn't pull it off because I lack the imagination and creativity, but someone who has those qualities could definitely make some **** up that's good enough to make you think it might be genuine.

A couple of quotes from the director about Shang Chi

“It was important for us from the beginning to have the MCU’s first Asian-American superhero be a superhero,”
“We want him to be on par with other superheroes in the MCU and not just be the master of kung fu. Shang-Chi is an incredible martial artist, but he’s so much more than that.”

I know there are opposing viewpoints when it comes to wanting Shang Chi to have actual superpowers. I'm definitely on the side of wanting him to have powers because I want him to be able to go toe to toe with more powerful villains. And it does sound like Cretton is suggesting that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"