• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

I hope they keep Shang-Chi relatively grounded, or at least in the same tone as his old Master of Kung Fu run. Comic book elements but down to earth stuff. Fighting a dragon is more Iron Fist's lane.

Nice. The costumes in Aquaman were exquisite.

It would be interesting if ludi gets the gig and Kim gets to dress him again because he was in Aquaman

It specifically states that the actor must be able to speak with a standard American accent

I think the role will probably go to a Chinese American/Canadian or a Chinese from another English speaking country who can more easily mimic the American accent than a mainlander.

Oh wow. Those 2 flicks have some of the best visually distinct coloring and look in any sci-fi flicks. I hope it does have that stylized 90s color grading. Would fit perfectly with the MA genre. Damn this is a great start with this hiring and with the awesome director! Excited as hell for this movie!

Oh wow! I loved the cinematography in spider-man 2. Good times ahead

Pope is very good. He did the last few Edgar Wright flicks (Baby Driver, Scott Pilgrim, World's End), ..come to think of it I'm pretty sure Wright had him picked to do Ant-Man originally.

Is this still supposed to be filming this year??

I hope they keep Shang-Chi relatively grounded, or at least in the same tone as his old Master of Kung Fu run. Comic book elements but down to earth stuff. Fighting a dragon is more Iron Fist's lane.
I don't see them getting too crazy with this. He is basically an unknown Marvel character to majority of people that watch the MCU, he will be grounded. Black Widow and this should be the low scale grounded movies, they may up Ant-Man 3 to a bigger scale since his 1st were grounded movies with minimal stakes.

Think we'll get anything about this at SDCC? I'm guessing just a release date, if anything. I don't think casting has been finalized yet, but we might get that at D23

I reckon we will get it. I reckon that’s why they’re racing to get the casting announcements ready now.

Just saw Ludi Lin in black mirror this week actually. Still very much on board

If the real Mandarin is in this, are we likely to see any flashbacks to Iron Man 3? And are they going to tie it into Iron Man in general? What about Ben Kingsley? Will he have a cameo?

The real Mandarin?

giphy.gif

Wow I am so excited.

Interesting idea to get awkwafina. I love her but she’s American born no? So maybe not matching that warrior in the cast sheet? I guess she might be US born but has lived in like, Hong Kong for like 20 years and she’ll be shang’s Q or something

I just hope Awkwafina isn’t playing a Darcy like sidekick. It would be lazy casting.

Not in love with the subtitle. I didn’t think they’d use one for the first movie.

The title logo is epic. I can’t cant wait for this movie

Mandarin done right should be great, maybe they will do flashbacks to where some of the Rings were. Should be an interesting movie, I was thinking it would be a small scale but Mandarin makes it feel bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"