Shazam Shazam: Fury of the Gods General News and Discussion Thread

Oh I'm so sick of hearing about Avatar 2. FOR YEARS. Jesus Christ, release the damn thing already, or don't, I don't care.
I reaaaalllly hope Shazam! 2 kicks its a55.

Black Panther also might not make its release. Its still filming if I'm not mistaken.

Good to see WB learned from putting the Matrix 4 against No Way Home by putting Shazam 2 against Avatar 2.

Oh I'm so sick of hearing about Avatar 2. FOR YEARS. Jesus Christ, release the damn thing already, or don't, I don't care.
I reaaaalllly hope Shazam! 2 kicks its a55.

That movie, I was watching it thinking - where have I seen this before - then I saw blogs etc from the time, it was just a rehash of so many stories - Dances with wolves, Pocahontas, even Harry Potter, Fern Gully. The effects were cool for a while, but I have never gone back to it and the sequel, I am not interested in at all - I feel like the energy and time could be better invested - a lot of people may not be interested. I don't want it to tank, but at the same time I feel they are being arrogant to assume it will be a hit.

That movie has been a mess behind the scenes.

It's shrouded in secrecy too from what I can see - if they were clearer from the start it may have garnered more support. It's a shame as the first was great for many reasons.

Going back to Shazam! 2 - the director said the suit change was down to flashpoint, maybe tongue in cheek - however I do wonder if they know more about flashpoint in the wider scheme of things, the knock on effect it may have - it's obviously changing things - with Keaton batman working with a younger Gordon - the behind the scenes shots show this, so that changes BvS.

That movie, I was watching it thinking - where have I seen this before - then I saw blogs etc from the time, it was just a rehash of so many stories - Dances with wolves, Pocahontas, even Harry Potter, Fern Gully. The effects were cool for a while, but I have never gone back to it and the sequel, I am not interested in at all - I feel like the energy and time could be better invested - a lot of people may not be interested. I don't want it to tank, but at the same time I feel they are being arrogant to assume it will be a hit.

It was released during the 3D boom. I'll admit the cinematic experience was cool, but that's about it. It got lucky.
But.
What reeeaaaaalllllllly, and I mean REALLY, bothers me is that we won't get another James Cameron movie that isn't an Avatar sequel for who knows how many decades. Probably ever. One of the best directors and we are stuck with his neverending Avatar sequels. Terrible.
Sorry, back to Shazam!.

Shazam: Fury Of The Gods Footage Reaction: It's All About Family [CinemaCon 2022]

The clip exclusively shown at CinemaCon opens in Paris, with Shazam and Wonder Woman on a date. Don't get too excited about a potential crossover, because it turns out to be a dream sequence, with Djimon Honsou's face revealed to be on Wonder Woman's body. Shortly after, the clip show that the Daughter of Atlas has broken the barrier between the realms, and everything has gone absolutely bananas. There's a gigantic brown dragon in the city streets! There's a world seemingly made completely of books that come to life! Sounds like the last laugh of "The Pagemaster" but what do I know? Eventually, Shazam sits down opposite Hespera and says, "I've seen all the 'Fast and Furious' movies, lady, and they're all about FAMILY!" This is clearly Shazam setting up for a dramatic reveal of his super family, but they miss their cue and show up late, which sends him into a comically big expression of his frustration. Oh, Shazam!

Read More: Shazam: Fury Of The Gods Footage Reaction: It's All About Family [CinemaCon 2022]

fast-and-furious-batman-meme.jpg

Probably a smart play. Avatar will still probably be going strong, but it beats a same-day battle.

I will believe Avatar is coming out when I see it...

Smart move either way though.

Probably a smart play. Avatar will still probably be going strong, but it beats a same-day battle.

They need to move I further away IMO. Avatar is gonna dominate and like the Matrix Resurrections against NWH I hear FOTG will just get wiped away.

They probably will when they're is any sort of confirmation it is coming out. As of now no need to panic...

Big compliment!

I wonder why they changed composers I liked the music in the first movie.

I guess I missed the composer news. I guess Wallfisch is just a busy guy now, but I hope Beck is able to match what Wallfisch already brought to the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"