Shazam Shazam: Fury of the Gods General News and Discussion Thread

Sabbac should have been used here or will he?

I'm not usually McFarland toys guy but that looks pretty cool!

Special one-shot written by some of the cast…

I’m into it.

I wish they had worked alongside DJ so that Black Adam was more incorporated - a villain of Helen Mirren as good as she is, this just looks Thor: Love and thunder territory

I wish they had worked alongside DJ so that Black Adam was more incorporated - a villain of Helen Mirren as good as she is, this just looks Thor: Love and thunder territory
Sounds like, You Want Fury of The Gods To Be Darker.
No Thank You.
And, David F. Sandberg. isn't Taika Waititi.
Nothing To Worry About.

Sounds like, You Want Fury of The Gods To Be Darker.
No Thank You.
And, David F. Sandberg. isn't Taika Waititi.
Nothing To Worry About.

Not at all - Shazam! had some very dark moments and I expect FOTG to be similar - the humour from what I saw in the trailer for me was very ThorLAT territory which has put me off seeing the movie - it just doesn't appeal to me - until reviews and word of mouth can change that.

It seemed pretty much in line with the humor from the first movie so I am not sure what you are talking about but ok...

Peoples perception on anything "funny" or Goofy in comic book movies has been messed up so much, which i guess is Marvels fault for several things...Thor love and thunder being one reason.

Like people were losing their **** over the Trailer where Shazam throws a Car at a Monster and then said what he did...people were going crazy because this is allegedly such an awful thing to do, even if it comes from a character that is a overexcited kid basicly.

Now we have this overblown idea that every funny thing could be TLAT level of humor.
People are way too worried on everything.

Sandberg isnt Waitit and you have to let yourself be convinced that the humor is the same level.
Nothing in the Footage we have of this movie so far, is TLAT level...dont let people tell you otherwise.

For the majority of audience and critics, Waititi wasn't... Waititi either, before Love & Thunder. People praised his humour in Ragnarok. I definitely trust Sandberg more, but we'll see. Second superhero entries for films with such tone tend to be inferior.

Well I think that is cause the joke gets old and stale. The first time it catches you off guard so it's hilarious, the second time it's repetitive and beyond that it becomes obvious.

Tone doesn't need to change but jokes do.

Word on the blogs is they attempted to have Black Adam cameo in the film but Rock declined yet again. Which...if true...oy. If we got or get a Shazam 3 it should be a Shazam vs. BA.

Word on the blogs is they attempted to have Black Adam cameo in the film but Rock declined yet again. Which...if true...oy. If we got or get a Shazam 3 it should be a Shazam vs. BA.
I can't see see why DJ would have said no.. it's after his movie, it's extra exposure and he can be seen as the overarching threat.

Still, we won't see Shazam 3 so that's that sadly.

Only a scooper, but still worth keeping an eye on.

So what happens if this thing makes a boatload of money? Safran is a producer on this as well.

I feel so bad for Zachary Levi. He's a good guy and he clearly cares. He always comes off as such a humble guy as well. I remember all those off-site Comic-Con events he used to organize with the cast members of Supernatural and such. He always came off as so jovial and warm and appreciative of the fans.

Like he's in an awkward position here, and he doesn't really know what to say.

Levi doesnt strike me as a guy who would be overly sad if shazam 2 would be his last time.
He strikes me as a guy who is happy whatever he does.

He is in a bit of a unfortunate situation for sure.
Soon the Marketing for Shazam 2 will fully start and he isnt sure what comes next and who knows if he talked with Safran and Gunn about the future already...he is in a tough spot.

We have to wait and see if there is a third one possible.
The chances are slim.
Levi is Older than Cavill, the Rock refused allegedly a cameo and all that.

If not, i do hope Shazam will be a part of the new Reboot.
You could do great things with Shazam going forward, the concept and all is something really interesting for the General Audience i think...would suck if the DCU goes forward without a Shazam.

The smart thing to do is not announce this Shazam is done until after you see how it does. It would really hurt the box office to say it is the last one. I don't think this goes on though, Black Adam and Superman where both in this in tiny cameos. Not to mention all the references to the Justice League. You also have the problem with the children already aging out of this new 10yr plan. An adult Billy only works in Kingdom Come. You lose the gimmick of child into Superhero if they keep this Shazam. So I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canceled.

It would be divine justice if Levi continues and The Rock doesn't.

Well at least he would be less expensive...and he doesnt have an ego.
Win/Win situation i would say.

The smart thing to do is not announce this Shazam is done until after you see how it does. It would really hurt the box office to say it is the last one. I don't think this goes on though, Black Adam and Superman where both in this in tiny cameos. Not to mention all the references to the Justice League. You also have the problem with the children already aging out of this new 10yr plan. An adult Billy only works in Kingdom Come. You lose the gimmick of child into Superhero if they keep this Shazam. So I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canceled.

So basically it's like the Marvel Netflix shows. They don't announce Daredevil's cancelation until the third season comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"