Shazam Shazam: Fury of the Gods General News and Discussion Thread

I forgot the first film had such a high Tomatometer. Going to be a big drop off from that.

I'm probably gonna be seeing this today. If not, then this weekend. I loved the first one and rewatched it the other day. Still think it's one of the best of the old DCEU.

I was going to see this tonight but plans changed so I'm gonna see it tomorrow night.

It's crazy how there are more reviews for John Wick 4 already despite that film coming out in 8 days.

Its at 62% now and probably will end up rotten :(

No surprise there. It was said in the summer that the reception of the test screenings for Black Adam and Shazam was mediocre, and early reactions, like always, don't really mean anything, as they can be overwhelmingly positive even for really crappy movies.

How is the RT meter still broken? At the moment 50 fresh and 36 rotten reviews which is 58% but the score shown is 61%. And some reviews keep appearing and disappearing.

I wonder if Levy's recent comments have had an influence on the reviews :shrug:. Wouldn't surprise me. But at the same time I thought Sandberg would make a really good sequel.

Yes, I will skip this one. The trailers did nothing for me and the first one was only okay-ish in my point of view.

I wonder if Levy's recent comments have had an influence on the reviews :shrug:. Wouldn't surprise me. But at the same time I thought Sandberg would make a really good sequel.

I doubt it...it seemed to go away rather quickly. I think the movie is probably just mediocre.

I wouldn't discard superhero fatigue too. Big hits like Creed III or Scream VI (or even Cocaine Bear!) are a sign that people want to see different genres on the big screen.
Even *I* am tired of superhero movies, to be honest.

Calling it now, worldwide this will do worse than Morbius (162.7M) and Fant4stic (167.8M).

And in truth no one would buy Levi beating The Rock even if Superman showed up. We can all buy David and Goliath but not when they both have equal powers.

That exactly right there is what would make it so much more interesting. Two serious guys like Johnson and Henry Cavill would be boring to watch. The fact that Levi is basically a goofy 13 year old but who can beat up Johnson is so much more interesting to watch. Especially since one is light and funny and the other ultra serious. It would’ve given Black Adam some humility and made such a fun contrast.

Such a missed opportunity.

55% after 102. I wonder if it'll drop to Black Adam level. This bit from the London Evening Standard review is kind off telling:

The sense of wonder has gone. Oh yeah, and the product placement is shameless.

So Shazam as a property is pretty much dead now.

Yikes. I'm certainly dissapointed. I enjoyed the first film.

I've been trying to be spoiler free before watching it....just saw a trailer on TV that gives away a big spoiler.

The spoiler -
Gal Gadot shows up as Wonder Woman.

I thought the first movie was good. Not great, but good. This one will probably be enjoyable also

The BOT bean counters are saying it will open lower than Fan4astic Four.

This is a Hindenburg-esque disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"