Shiva/Saraswati (Mythology)

Abishai100

Civilian
Reaction score
This is a mythology revisionism vignette about Shiva, Hindu god of destruction, and was inspired by the Shiva comics made popular in India. Isn't it interesting how mythology is compatible with comics? Anyone a fan of Asterix from France? I felt the need to add this extra mythology short invention for comic book fans before signing off. Thanks for reading and enjoy,

====

Lord Shiva, master of destruction, was meditating on his mountaintop in the Himalayas and thinking about the contours of law and anarchy. He'd been both commended by the god Brahma, master of creation, for his patience, and criticized by Brahma for his bizarre fits of fury. Shiva was married to the two supreme goddesses Durga, goddess of governance, and Kali, goddess of chaos. However, Shiva was actually and secretly in love with the less authoritative goddess Saraswati, goddess of learning. Shiva and Saraswati had been carrying on an adulterous but deep love affair for about three years in the heavens.

BRAHMA: Shiva, you fool!
SHIVA: What is it?
BRAHMA: I've gotten wind of your adultery.
SHIVA: What?
BRAHMA: Yes, you fool; you're with Saraswati.
SHIVA: So what if it's true, Lord Brahma?
BRAHMA: Well, by doctrine, you're with Durga and Kali.
SHIVA: I know doctrine, but I also know liberty.
BRAHMA: Adultery is heresy, not liberty!
SHIVA: You're neglecting basic loneliness.

It turned out that the wise god Brahma was actually indeed ignoring the notion of pure loneliness and why it might contribute to Shiva's actual yearning to be with Saraswati more than Durga or Kali even if it betrayed doctrine or dogma. However, Shiva was not compelled to be completely open about his need to love the younger goddess Saraswati who was arguably more lovely than Durga and Kali, if not more commandeering. He didn't feel the compulsion to disclose his deep feeling of loneliness to the Lord Brahma, and Brahma was satisfied that Shiva would simply contemplate the political significance of upsetting the balance of heavenly powers.

Shiva suddenly felt the political need to secure his political actions and personal romantic decisions by announcing to the world that his need to be with his dear girlfriend Saraswati reflected a lifelong need to cure his deep loneliness by finding the comforts of a confidante who knew more about basic learning and cared less about heavenly powers unfolding as Durga and Kali had done. The world was shocked but realized that Shiva was simply conscious and overly eager about the problems of political chaos and worried that Durga and Kali were simply too involved with governance complexity to soothe his personal need for companionship and privacy. That's why he found the younger goddess Saraswati just more accessible. The world would find out if this decision would lead only to more confusion.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Chapter 2: The Thief

Here's a federalism parable involving Shiva (god of destruction) and Saraswati (goddess of learning) evaluating the parametrics of new age crime (bank robbery) in a capital and commerce driven 21st Century America that may be in need of some wealth dilution consciousness. This addendum is in response to some criticism that I've received that some of my comic book fan-fics are just a bit too dogma-dull. So I hope you read this one short-story chapter and like it! Thanks for your readership (and stay safe during all this Coronavirus madness),

:ali:

====

Shiva and Saraswati were looking at the sociocultural symbolism and significance of bank robberies in the modern capitalist world. They were investigating how Americans almost deified legendary bank robbers such as Bonnie and Clyde, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Dillinger in the media and in movies. This was a culture of piracy storytelling, and it reflected a natural folk angst towards the systematic engineering of federalism as a macro-philosophy for economics and therefore inventive and self-sustaining capitalism. Bank robbery was akin to the psychological 'control' of asset flow turbulence storytelling. Americans simply equated bank robbery with the drama of risk and the uncertainty of national investments. Shiva and Saraswati decided to investigate the quality and nature and tone of 21st Century bank robbery in America. They'd become sociologists as gods in the heavens!

hornet6.jpg

SHIVA: New era bank robbery is wild and deadly.
SARASWATI: Yes, these bandits of the 21st Century are not romanticized.
SHIVA: Aside from scant stories from Boston and some other places, that's correct!
SARASWATI: Older times saw regularly canonized robbers like the Sundance Kid.
SHIVA: Banking and federalism are now simply more mechanical.
SARASWATI: That's why today's bank robbers are just more like anonymous pirates!
SHIVA: It's an online faceless networking world with modern Internet grids.
SARASWATI: True, which is why bank robbery feels more like a sniper activity.
SHIVA: There are multiple banks in America that boast great infrastructure and maintenance.
SARASWATI: There is one bank robber now who's getting some modest attention!
SHIVA: Who is this mysterious 21st Century bandit you speak of now?
SARASWATI: Her name's Green Hornet, and she wears a trench-coat and hat.
SHIVA: Where does she strike and what does she do?
SARASWATI: Hornet selects iconic banks to create media-dirty robberies.
SHIVA: Let's follow this 'Green Hornet' and evaluate the banks she chooses.
SARASWATI: I have a good photo collection of the banks she's hit in recent months.
SHIVA: Great, so let's make a scrapbook.

hornet4.jpg

Green Hornet was a clever Ivy League graduate who studied psychology. She went on a post-graduate sabbatical before writing online comic book fan-fiction stories. Hornet decided that modern capitalism and federalism itself in America in the 21st Century needed a sort of spiritual reboot with some iconic bank robberies that would remind Americans of the stories days of the past when iconic legendary bank robbers such as Bonnie and Clyde lifted the dialogue about capitalism turbulence to the level of human folklore. Hornet wanted to take this 'artistic' view of America's capitalism/federalism past and raise it to the level of violence and crime-diarism dissection and therefore how federalism was 'colored' by American dynamics!

hornet5.jpg

GREEN HORNET: "I've robbed over 20 banks in just 1 year in the United States in this complex 21st Century. This is really an art form involving great folkloric consciousness. I have to be certain these robberies are symbolic and reflective of a modern perspective on the control and evaluation of asset flow uncertainty and investment paranoia, so Americans feel the natural human drama of the grittiness and sometimes shock-value of bank robbery. In other words, my 'job' as a new age 'folk hero' is to remind Americans in our inventive capitalist and convenience-oriented society (e.g., eTrade, Facebook, Bloomberg, etc.) that commercial vanities in this new age are all about real disease-control and traffic-dialysis."

hornet1.jpg

Shiva and Saraswati insightfully deduced that this wily bank robber named Green Hornet who was operating with great skill and enthusiasm in 21st Century America was like a new age imagineer and pirate. Hornet was compelling and inciting Americans to think about the roads to capital complexity and crime attitudes in a convenience-driven civilization that might neglect its very foundations of wealth arrogance. She was almost like Robin Hood in the way she compelled leaders and citizens to rethink the color of capitalism and asset traffic, but Shiva and Saraswati insightfully concluded that such inventive new era American piracy must represent a new way of thinking about rebelliousness and conceiving tradition. This was a grand medicine! Would Americans childishly romanticize Hornet or properly characterize her as a 'madness' witch-doctor?

=====

ADDENDUM: Alimony*

Here's a spiritual Christmastime domestic values oriented family story from the heavenly mythology of Hinduism, an addendum about...promises wrapped! Enjoy (happy holidays),

====

Shiva and Saraswati were reflecting on the joys of their offbeat courtly relationship and how it spawned three beautiful daughters --- Ophelia, Selina, and Juliet. Each daughter was the apple of Shiva's eye, but Juliet was his favorite. Saraswati only wanted to be sure Shiva'd ensure all his daughters' financial security by paying proper money to their family chest in case something happened to him or should he part from Saraswati. This was a divine negotiation for great domestic value during the first Coronavirus Christmas season of 2020!

daughter3.jpg

OPHELIA: I want to study at Dartmouth.
SELINA: I want to live in New Orleans.
JULIET: I want a Samsung Blu-ray player.

daughter5.jpg

Shiva knew all his daughters were fans of comic books, so he purchased for his daughters, all of them, the stories of great heroes and heroines involved in marriages involving complexity, complication, divorce, separation, financial assurances, and of course and therefore alimony. Shiva knew his daughters would appreciate how these fantastic superheroes and superheroines were determining the contours of alimony and dollars to formalize their heavenly bonds during their crime-fighting crusades on Earth. The daughters were intrigued and voraciously read these comics!

daughter6.jpg

SHIVA: You're my favorite daughter, Juliet.
JULIET: So this means I get something extra, father?
SHIVA: Yes!
JULIET: What?
SHIVA: A magical Monopoly board game.
JULIET: Parker Brothers.
SHIVA: Indeed, and playing the game will make you brighter.
JULIET: I feel more friendly all of a sudden.
SHIVA: You may share the game with your sisters.
JULIET: I feel more worldly.

daughter4.jpg

Shiva's daughters spent hours playing Monopoly together and read their comic book stories about superheroes and superheroines engaged in complex bonds involving financial promises and even alimony. This was the sort of domestic gifting Saraswati demanded from Shiva, and Shiva didn't fail on the promise. This made for a great indoor Coronavirus Christmas season in 2020 for Shiva's daughters on Earth!

daughter7.jpg

SHIVA: I've made you happy, my dear.
SARASWATI: Maybe you'd write a story about Richie Rich.
SHIVA: Why not?

====

Jargons of Art

Here's one extra addendum about the peculiarity of dogma, as it relates to modernism diaries, inspired by the disorienting film Dogma. Thanks so much for reading (and Merry Christmas!),

====

Shiva/Saraswati wanted to evaluate the social relevance of the modernism paranoia comic book antiheroine Livewire (DC Comics), a representative of network disarray. Livewire was a force of electrocution and an abomination of electric field energy distortions, so Shiva/Saraswati wanted to measure her art portrayals in America. America, had after all, become the world's official Big Brother in the arts and sciences, and Livewire, an electricity banshee, was a symbol of modern democracy paranoia.

livewire13.jpg

Shiva/Saraswati looked at the comic book doodle-drawings of a young boy in India named Abhishek who was making representations of Livewire alongside various Marvel Comics super-villains including Carnage and Venom. Shiva/Saraswati realized this young boy Abhishek wanted to cast Livewire as a 'diplomat' of modern pedestrian fears. Abhishek's Livewire drawings represented a new brand of artistic dogma in India.

livewire14.JPG

SHIVA: Let's recruit an actress in America.
SARASWATI: Yes, she can portray Livewire on screen!
SHIVA: How about someone from a major American film?
SARASWATI: We'd consider an American television star too!
SHIVA: Right; perhaps a blonde or redhead who can portray villainy.
SARASWATI: Yes, Livewire should be edgy and villainous.
SHIVA: Our interests in comic book art reflects an investment in socialization.
SARASWATI: That's because comic book art speaks to a new conversational aesthetic.
SHIVA: True; that's why Livewire is such a symbol of modernism diarism.
SARASWATI: What's modern conversation without attention to network electricy?
SHIVA: Yes, and Livewire should be portrayed by someone who is instantly pretty!
SARASWATI: I agree.

livewire11.jpg

Shiva/Saraswati poured through numerous applications of actresses in America who'd be interested in portraying Livewire (DC Comics) on screen. They screened female thespians skilled at stories about complications, villainy, darkness, and conspiracy. They wanted an actress who'd simply capture the full 'diorama' of Livewire. Shiva/Saraswati admitted this screening process was quite designed.

livewire12.jpg

Shiva/Saraswati learned of an American bank robber who was performing daring and deadly heists of banks all over the USA using a toy gun filled with corrosive acid. This robber wanted to use chemical weapons obviously to create traffic intrigue. He never actually fired his 'acid-guns' during his heists but quickly became known as the Mad Martian for his use of alien compounds in his acid-guns. Shiva/Saraswati further learned this Mad Martian was portrayed in comic book artworks as a chemical weapons terrorist nicknamed Deathstroke. Shiva/Saraswati wondered if such traffic-paranoia art re-presented dangers.

aer32.jpg

SHIVA: Maybe Abhishek's drawings, Livewire, and Deathstroke are all omens.
SARASWATI: Well, they certainly capture a modern focus on traffic aesthetics!
SHIVA: To understand traffic aesthetics, one must valuate dogma.
SARASWATI: What's modern dogma without interest in democracy?
SHIVA: Yes, and these comic book rendition thoughts reflect our study of dogma.
SARASWATI: Well, let's conclude that Livewire is a diplomat of modern geometry.
SHIVA: Yes, and that's because modern geometry is all about cinematic theatrics.
SARASWATI: Are all our diadems really about cinema?
SHIVA: Sure they are!
SARASWATI: How so, my dear?
SHIVA: They all represent modern diseases.
SARASWATI: Medicine is the hallmark of darkness.
SHIVA: To cure the darkness, we celebrate academies!
SARASWATI: Very cool!

====

American Dogma

Americans like dogma, so what do Shiva/Saraswati have to say about the proliferation of folk avatars in comics and video-games catering to an American youth sensibility regarding the complexity of capitalism romance? Is their input reflective of their own intimate diaries?

====

SHIVA: American teens love video-game heroes!
SARASWATI: Would you cast me as a cyber-heroine, Shiva?
SHIVA: Capitalism does breed good bedfellows!
SARASWATI: Maybe these games symbolize pure insanity.
SHIVA: No, I think they cast adventures as forms of ambition!
SARASWATI: Is capitalism all about ambition dialogue?
SHIVA: It's certainly made us curious about folk dollars!

As Shiva and Saraswati evaluated the contours and impact of cyber games on American capitalism, they'd realized that their own shared interest in these pseudo-romantic adventure avatars drew them into a virtual world of role playing stories and psychology. They began adopting various cyber-avatars like Jax, Sindel, Livewire, Phoenix, Bane, and Harlequin in a focused attempt to coordinate real dogma with American playgrounds. Ironically their pursuit of capitalism diaries made them more romantic towards each other and towards folk dystopian games, prompting them to ask, "Can capitalism create virtual dining duets?"

====

image.jpg

Thoughts/Cyber/Dr.

An offbeat 'twist' about identity/experience involving a 'test' revealing 'strange' dreams. Enjoy,

====

Saraswati was given an offer by her new 'buddy' Shiva to take the shape of a cyber-avatar warrior named Mileena (Mortal Kombat), a real antiheroine, and accepted the intriguing challenge. However, the requisition rendered her a completely different person with a totally altered personality. This new 'Saraswati' (Mileena) was wandering around Earth claiming to video-game fans in the West that she'd been the 'real' Mlieena leapt out of the cyber-universe of Mortal Kombat and into the world of Earth-dwellers, performing all kinds of mischief and pranks and even evil deeds. After all, the identity she donned, that of the cyber-antiheroine Mileena, was something of a 'dark side' consciousness, and this 'altered' Saraswati seemed 'quite-willing' to adorn/adopt all the scarring flaws of this Mileena 'character' on Earth! Shiva'd not have anticipated such a mutation with his otherwise 'republican' challenge about identity explorations, which was otherwise quite a sentimental dare. Mileena-Saraswati was a 'siren' of badness in the West!

mn1.jpg

After robbing two banks in Amsterdam/Zurich, Mileena-Saraswati affirmed herself as a real antiheroine on Earth, and something in her had completely mutated. However, just then, she'd encountered a beautiful little girl in Northern Ireland (Europe), with baby-like red-copper hair, and it reminded Mileena-Saraswati of her days on the waters of the heavens, before she adorned/adopted her newfound personality of mischief/anarchy. This restored Saraswati's consciousness as she contemplated what made her 'bright' in her youth regarding her mental thoughts about the 'simple splendor' of life's charms, which is what perhaps/arguably her 'buddy' Shiva had in mind all along with this identity-transformation challenge, and fortunately, the 'memory' of the red-haired Irish girl had redeemed Saraswati and returned her to her state of optimism!

mn2.jpg

SHIVA: What'd you learn about Mortal Kombat fanfare/spirits, lovely?
SARASWATI: I learned about the transitory nature of identity...and memory.
SHIVA: Had you 'forgotten' something?
SARASWATI: No, I think I 'remembered' something...about dowry!

====

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"