Inhumans Should have waited for movie budget?

Do we really need all these different threads just to say the same thing? You could easily have said this in the other thread you started, or in the general Inhumans thread.

Do we really need all these different threads just to say the same thing? You could easily have said this in the other thread you started, or in the general Inhumans thread.

yes or no?

No, because I don't think this would've succeeded as a movie.

I'd rather wait and see. Honestly I never found the Inhumans all that interesting. The only thing that had me excited was that it was somewhat a clear slate for Marvel Studios to be really creative with like what they did with Guardians of the Galaxy. I mean the Inhumans push is an obvious marketing attempt by Perlmutter than a creative or fan driven direction.

Sure while Marvel Studios have a much greater standard of quality, not only in budget but studio mentality, though personally I'd rather they focus on not only other properties I'm more interested, but properties they're more interested in. I think in the long run that would be a much better strategy.

And of course there's the trade of with Film and TV. More time and resources for less screen time. Or less time and resources for a longer story.

I can perfectly understand why fans of Inhumans would be upset. But me personally, Lockjaw looks great for a television budget, Aside from Medusa I like the general look. I have a feeling they may do a "fish out of water thing" with Black bolt which I don't like. But I am very interested in an IMAX release. I'd really like to see premieres and finales in theaters to become a thing. I'm much more on this being a positive.

So I'm going in optimistic. From the trailer I'm not expecting it to be amazing but just good, enjoyable, and hopefully fun.

yes or no?

lmao

No, because I don't think this would've succeeded as a movie.

That tends to be my thoughts. Additionally, I think Feige knows that and probably wouldn't even make the movie. This is how it gets made.

I also think they work better in a more deliberately paced, intrigue-driven show over a flashy two hour story. I'm not saying we'll necessarily get that, but it's still the better format.

I'd rather wait and see. Honestly I never found the Inhumans all that interesting. The only thing that had me excited was that it was somewhat a clear slate for Marvel Studios to be really creative with like what they did with Guardians of the Galaxy. I mean the Inhumans push is an obvious marketing attempt by Perlmutter than a creative or fan driven direction.

Sure while Marvel Studios have a much greater standard of quality, not only in budget but studio mentality, though personally I'd rather they focus on not only other properties I'm more interested, but properties they're more interested in. I think in the long run that would be a much better strategy.

And of course there's the trade of with Film and TV. More time and resources for less screen time. Or less time and resources for a longer story.

I can perfectly understand why fans of Inhumans would be upset. But me personally, Lockjaw looks great for a television budget, Aside from Medusa I like the general look. I have a feeling they may do a "fish out of water thing" with Black bolt which I don't like. But I am very interested in an IMAX release. I'd really like to see premieres and finales in theaters to become a thing. I'm much more on this being a positive.

So I'm going in optimistic. From the trailer I'm not expecting it to be amazing but just good, enjoyable, and hopefully fun.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I think the trailer could've done a couple of things to garner a little more hype, specifically showing Medusa using her hair. That would've been a great effect as long as they can get it right. Also, I still feel that they could've given Black Bolt some type of headpiece/crown that could evoke the image of his cowl and would've actually given him a more regal look. I will probably see this in IMAX because I think it is a great idea, hopefully the execution is there.

I agree. I just don't think the Inhumans could ever carry a big movie on their own, not like the revamped Guardians could.

I'm not saying that they should carry a movie right off the bat. Guest appear first.... like the Panther did. Gage from the response on what direction to take.

But this NEVER should have happened!

I think it's actually a smart idea...If they can phase out Agents of Shield and put the budget from that into this show we have interesting avenues to explore. They are obviously going for a Game of Thrones Marvel thing which could be interesting. However, the only problem with that avenue is that it's potentially going up against Syfy's Krypton which is going to be DCs Game of Thrones attempt. People are dissing this show but I find AOS boring so we might as well bring in the Inhumans for some real superhero fantasy TV action.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I think the trailer could've done a couple of things to garner a little more hype, specifically showing Medusa using her hair. That would've been a great effect as long as they can get it right. Also, I still feel that they could've given Black Bolt some type of headpiece/crown that could evoke the image of his cowl and would've actually given him a more regal look. I will probably see this in IMAX because I think it is a great idea, hopefully the execution is there.
I have a feeling the more heavy action parts will be seen in a second trailer, so that doesn't trouble me. He should definitely wear a crown during ceremonies.

I think it's actually a smart idea...If they can phase out Agents of Shield and put the budget from that into this show we have interesting avenues to explore. They are obviously going for a Game of Thrones Marvel thing which could be interesting. However, the only problem with that avenue is that it's potentially going up against Syfy's Krypton which is going to be DCs Game of Thrones attempt. People are dissing this show but I find AOS boring so we might as well bring in the Inhumans for some real superhero fantasy TV action.
I certainly like the idea of few episodes. It feels like a lot of times AoS could have benefited from that. More focused plot lines and story elements, less filler, etc. If next year is AoS's final season I would like to see ABC have one to two new shows along with Inhumans to replace it. For example, instead of one 22 hour long episodes add two more, we get 8 Inhuman episodes, 8 Ghost Rider episodes, and 8 Shang-chi episodes (or whatever). Treat them more like long movies or events. I think that would be an interesting direction.

The show does have a movie budget...

It's an Asylum film budget, but hey...

I think the budget is enough. My issue lies with the creative decisions and the incredibly short turnaround for an idea of this scale.

This isn't a street level solo character. It's a team/family with the same scope as Star Wars and Game of thrones.

Certainly would need more than a year for pre production, casting and shooting.

That being said, If I had to choose between movie and show, I would firmly stand in the movie camp. There's just WAY too much CGI between the main cast.

If the IMAX episodes looks a budget sci fi show, I wonder how the follow up episodes would look like. The only good thing about this is its only eight episodes, so ABC won't have to stretch the entire budget for 9 to 22 episodes per season.

budget isnt a problem. poor management is. game of thrones manages to look like a movie with, if the rumors are true, pretty much the same amount of money.

Budget is definitely a factor since its a sci fi show with characters with unusual abilities. Gorgon doesn't even have the goat legs, Triton looks like Piccolo, etc. But poor management and lack of direction/passion are also big reasons. If Marvel had more faith with the source material, they wouldn't downgrade Inhumans into TV with these cheaper looking production value and Scott Buck as the show runner.

Yeah, there's another frame with them in as well. But there's one more without, which I wonder if it's an editing error. The big stomping frame seems to involve goat legs as well.

Ok as a fun thought experiment, how would you do Inhumans on a budget?

My shoe string pitch would be to have the show star Maximus and treat it like a breaking bad/Legion type show where Maximus is like GoT's LittleFinger/Baelish.

For budget reasons, all the CGI heavy Royal family members just make brief appearances. Medusa and BlackBolt are like the shark in jaws. They'll be saved for big moments in the finale.

*Max pulls strings throughout the show and plants seeds of descent within each Royal family member.

*Messes with Crystal, destroys her confidence as he sees her power as a potential threat and takes advantage of her naivety.

*Convinces Triton to escape Attilan for Earth which is mostly made up of water.
"Don't let my brother condemn you to our small Attilan sea life. Free yourself!!!"

*Nurtures Gorgons need for power and basically manipulates him into leading the coup. Weaponize's a horde of Alpha primitives and some like minded folk that join his rebellion.

*Karnak is on a mission or something (set up by Maximus maybe?) hence why he isn't there to see through Maximus plan. I would have him on Earth investigating the Inhuman outbreak as a B story.

The finale basically end's with Gorgon and his rebellion starting a war with Blackbolt. Crazy action set piece (Which is where all the real budget will be spent). Cliff hanger...!!
Who will win?! Find out next season.

Maximus is just basking in the chaos. He is mad and "just wants to see the world burn" ;P

As you can tell I'm not a professional writer lol. But that was fun, I might iron it out and turn it into fan fic :)

I don't think there's any reason the show's broad premise couldn't be done on a budget. It just would mean doing stuff more efficiently, and ditching all/nearly all the on-sight filming in Hawaii. Have almost all the story occur on soundstages, most of the plot per episode being character interaction rather than fight scenes. Save your budget for good sets, good actors, and maybe one notable "power" scene per episode, then splurge in the last episode or two. For instance, Black Bolt shouldn't use his powers in any particularly budget-unfriendly way, until the finale; then, he does something like "fly up to Kree fleet, speak, it explodes" ( which, conveniently, could be mostly done with a bunch of low res CGI models at a distance ).

how much of a budget would they have given this for a motion picture? 100 million? 150 million?

if so, i'm sure they'd have wanted some somewhat more known actors

149 million just like Wonder Woman would be fine. Though around 70 to 100 million for a two hour film would be fine as well especially if theystill cast TV actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"