Inhumans This show looks awful!!!

Blackbolt is deaf. He doesn't even realise when he's talking or singing along to music and destroying everything around him. He just thinks he's whispering or singing in his own head. :o

He's not deaf. He literally has never been portrayed as deaf. Ever.

Does anyone actually think that either this or Cloak and Dagger will be renewed? They both look really, really bad.

Cloak and Dagger looks pretty good so I'm not sure where that's coming from. That has a good chance at getting a second season while Inhumans looks to be dead on arrival.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually think that either this or Cloak and Dagger will be renewed? They both look really, really bad.
Cloak and Dagger looks like it'll be appealing to the young adult crowd so that one may stick around..

Everyone knows that they have a big failure on their hands with Inhumans though. It's a bummer. They're even shortening the Imax run of this.

There's like a 90% chance this is going to be Marvel's first huge bomb. Worse than IF.

Cloak and Dagger looks like it'll be appealing to the young adult crowd so that one may stick around..

Everyone knows that they have a big failure on their hands with Inhumans though. It's a bummer. They're even shortening the Imax run of this.

There's like a 90% chance this is going to be Marvel's first huge bomb. Worse than IF.

I'm not a fan of teen romance stories and didn't like the lack of costumes in C&D. I'll fully admit that me disliking the genre plays a role in me thinking it looks bad.

And I'm not surprised that IMAX is limiting the theatrical run. Inhumans appears to be unsalvageable. I'm surprised that Marvel studios marketed it as much as they did. It looks awful. I mean, it has a good cast but Scott Buck somehow managed to ruin the show.

Keep in mind that the Inhumans were never my favorite characters so I simply don't care that much about the show being awful. Hopefully, they'll fix it like they did with Iron Fist if it still gets good enough ratings for Season 2.

They should've just held off on these characters until they had a good take on it

I was already a lot more optimistic about this series than the apparent majority on here, yep, I liked Iron Fist and thought the Inhumans better served by a series than a movie: while I opt for cautious hype, the new posters are really neat.
Just still pictures, I know, but they look great IMO.

Yeah. I think this could have been a movie if they just took their time and waited for someone to crack the story

The problem is that Ike Perlmutter wanted a new franchise and rushed it out the door using the worst possible person to handle it. Marvel tend to wait their time with most franchises until the find the right voice but in this case, they found the wrong one because he was available.

Season 2 will be Josh Trank replacing Scott Buck. :o

I think Cloak & Dagger is *vastly* more likely to be renewed. For one, its almost certainly *far* cheaper to make. For another, its trailers make it look like it actually does at least minimally achieve being a coherent show in its genre: teen supernatural romance. It may not be popular with the audience here, but we aren't its primary audience, its the teens and tweens watching stuff like Shadowhunters.

Inhumans, by contrast, is expensive, and looks like crap *by the standards of its intended genre and audience*. That's not a good combo.

I think Cloak & Dagger is *vastly* more likely to be renewed. For one, its almost certainly *far* cheaper to make. For another, its trailers make it look like it actually does at least minimally achieve being a coherent show in its genre: teen supernatural romance. It may not be popular with the audience here, but we aren't its primary audience, its the teens and tweens watching stuff like Shadowhunters.

Inhumans, by contrast, is expensive, and looks like crap *by the standards of its intended genre and audience*. That's not a good combo.

Yep. When you look at who Inhumans is geared to, it's superhero fans who have seen better-looking TV shows from both Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment and sci-fi fans who will negatively compare the production values to Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica which are infinitely better-looking. Inhumans looks like a show made in the 80s with 90s-era CGI.

My main issue with Cloak and Dagger is that I'm not a 15-year-old girl and the show isn't targeted at me. And yes, it is a cheaper show and will presumably make its money back. Cloak and Dagger are also even more obscure than Jessica Jones and unlike JJ, don't have a highly regarded run so superhero fans aren't huge into it.

Last edited:
Agreed. This show looks like garbage.

I'd've been okay if Marvel never joined ABC. I'd sacrifice Agent Carter in exchange for AoS and Inhumans never having existed.

Why? Season Four of AoS is probably the best TV Marvel has done after Daredevil.

You mean critically I assume. Iron Fist drew a huge audience on Netflix. Second most watched Netflix show after season 2 of DD. The audience reactions for the most part were pretty positive overall, despite what the spin is. It's far from being a great show, but it's not outright terrible.

Last edited:
First reactions are positive!!!
:yay:
As Darepool said, what matters is the general audience response.
I liked IF, I get why some people didn't, and while it's far from high art, outside the fanboy sphere seems I'm in the majority, hence IF season 2.
I hope to enjoy Inhumans and that so do others.
If the reactions continue to be positive, maybe give it a chance, no?

You mean critically I assume. Iron Fist drew a huge audience on Netflix. Second most watched Netflix show after season 2 of DD. The audience reactions for the most part were pretty positive overall, despite what the spin is. It's far from being a great show, but it's not outright terrible.

Yeah, while I think it had some pacing problems, I actually enjoyed it more than Luke Cage. I was loving Luke Cage up to when they killed Cottonmouth and then the show really dropped off for me.

Luke Cage also took a drop for me after they dropped Cottonmouth.

I honestly wanted to like this show but it really is as bad as it looked.

The characters are such watered down versions of the source material but I could live with the near nothing powers. It's the shallow and idiotic characterization along with the cheap production value that sinks this completely.

I can't believe I paid full IMAX prices to see something this bad. If it wasn't Marvel I would be pissed (and not just disappointed). Since I'm a life-long Marvel nut I don't mind giving $20 on a Friday to them (especially since all of Marvel Publishing's SJW nonsense has made me stop buying the books). I have entertainment money to spend now that I don't buy comic books any more. It's a shame this series won't get any more of my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"