Inhumans This show looks awful!!!

Shazam

Sidekick
Reaction score
This thing is awful!!!! BLACK BOLT RUNNING DOWN THE STREET??? AFRAID??? NOT FLYING??? Medusa being subdued without a hair fight??? We see no hair action at all!! Crystal being lead away without any elemental powers blowing up??? Still no mask for Black Bolt?? He's being handled by police night sticks????? HE'S ONE OF THE STRONGEST MARVEL CHARACTERS THEY HAVE! He shouldnt even feel those!! This guy doesn't want wear the mask!!!!! Get somebody who will!!!! Pathetic!!!

The dog is the only thing that looked remotely good....But you just know we will not see him very much because it's a TV budget!

Lockjaw sucked all their money out in just those two scenes!

They shoulda waited for a movie for these characters.....VERY DISAPPOINTED!

There was hair action in the Avengers.
PhEzx.gif

Give the show a chance first. Many scenes in the trailer may not make it into the episodes, and many of the effects may not be finished yet.

As for a mask: if Black Bolt wore a mask in a small screen adaptation, it would be very hard to relate to him or understand what he's trying to say.

That's nonsense. It's been proven time and time again that characters can emote with just facial expressions and body language.

Marvel Television can't produce a show in which it doesn't look inferior and high budgeted compare to the MCU movies.

Give the show a chance first. Many scenes in the trailer may not make it into the episodes, and many of the effects may not be finished yet.

As for a mask: if Black Bolt wore a mask in a small screen adaptation, it would be very hard to relate to him or understand what he's trying to say.

That's an extremely lame excuse. Captain America wears a mask and can emote just fine without even needed to saying a word.

It's not like Black Bolt wears a full face mask, his eyes and entire lower half are exposed to show as much expression as he'd like.

That's nonsense. It's been proven time and time again that characters can emote with just facial expressions and body language.

Yep. Bane could emote just fine with his eyes and body language in TDKR.

Scott Buck is just a non-imaginative ****.

But if a mask is covering the actor's face, it won't work with a character like Black Bolt.

That's an extremely lame excuse. Captain America wears a mask and can emote just fine without even needed to saying a word.

It's not like Black Bolt wears a full face mask, his eyes and entire lower half are exposed to show as much expression as he'd like.
Captain America isn't deaf, Black Bolt is. The mask would disguise too much of his face.

Black Bolt is deaf? That's not the case in the comics. He's not even mute.

Why would you make a new thread just for this?

Black Bolt is deaf? That's not the case in the comics. He's not even mute.

Blackbolt is deaf. He doesn't even realise when he's talking or singing along to music and destroying everything around him. He just thinks he's whispering or singing in his own head. :o

Marvel Television can't produce a show in which it doesn't look inferior and high budgeted compare to the MCU movies.

Of course, that's the difference between TV shows and movies.

A movie spends a bunch of money in one shot, a TV show has the spread the money around over several episodes.

Movies have more money for special effects, a TV show has more time for longer plots and deeper characterization, if done well.

A good TV show can do what it needs to do, through creative use of budget, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Legion and Luke Cage generally worked well with the budget they had and the more down to Earth premises they worked with.

Really I blame the show runner, Scott Buck for this bad trailer, he is same guy who ruined Dexter and Iron Fist. Marvel should stop hiring him.

Whenever Marvel doesn't have an idea for a property, they should just come out and admit it. I don't want any more mishandlings like Iron Fist and Inhumans. Inhumans was planned as a Movie, you don't have an idea for it? Shelve it and slot it into a later Phase. No idea what to do with Iron Fist? Honestly, it would have been best to introduce him in Defenders like Punisher was in Daredevil Season 2. And yes, stop hiring Scott Buck. At this point everyone at Marvel must realize he's wrong for Superhero properties.

I want a series called Inhuman Iron Fist now.

And we can't be sure Marvel thinks Scott Buck is wrong for superhero properties. Maybe he'll be promoted and will get DD season 3 and even an MCU movie. :o

Of course, that's the difference between TV shows and movies.

A movie spends a bunch of money in one shot, a TV show has the spread the money around over several episodes.

Movies have more money for special effects, a TV show has more time for longer plots and deeper characterization, if done well.

A good TV show can do what it needs to do, through creative use of budget, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Legion and Luke Cage generally worked well with the budget they had and the more down to Earth premises they worked with.

Really I blame the show runner, Scott Buck for this bad trailer, he is same guy who ruined Dexter and Iron Fist. Marvel should stop hiring him.

Well in cases of Jessica, Luke and Daredevil they could have been given a bigger budget. I've seen more expensive Netflix shows than those three and they usually like 2 movies stretched to 13 episodes. They could also have looked more cinematic. Instead of a budget looking web series.

While the problem with Legion is the show mostly consisted of made for TV characters, when they could have picked a dozen of d listers from the comics to appear and chose not to.

Superhero shows are quite lacking in many departments and I don't really feel that in other sci fi shows and other types of shows.

Hurts me to say this but it's important as a fans that we let this show die. If it's as bad as the trailer seems to be, we have to completely bury it.

I can't help but feel Marvel have gotten WAY too comfortable and there success has made them think they can put anything together and the fans will just eat it up ***k that ***t! We need to nip this in the bud now.

I was ready to enjoy this as an isolated sci fi adventure, but this looks like complete trash by any shows standards.

I joked to myself that Farscape looked like it cost more, so I looked for the trailer on youtube just for laughs, and it actually DOES look 10 time better. This is the kind of visuals I wanted to see in inhumans.

[YT]IvGmRULJ4R8[/YT]

Concur.

This show looks like complete dog sh-. The production value is laughable.

Yep. Bane could emote just fine with his eyes and body language in TDKR.

Scott Buck is just a non-imaginative ****.

Exactly! Bane had a unique character specifically because you couldn't see his face and a similar element could make Black-Bolt a great character.

Blackbolt is a very isolated character because of his inability to speak. Amplifying that isolation by further hiding his emotions behind a mask could make him an epic character.

I remember a similar discussion with the Thing during the first film and some forum members and people on the film argued that they couldn't give us a better Thing mask that matched the comics more closely because we wouldn't be able to see his emotions. But again, the Thing is a unique, isolated character and not seeing his emotions clearly wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

And Bane is a perfect example. The character worked even though he was behind a mask. And Spider-Man works even though he has a mask. In the right hands, a mask can not only work, but it can be an integral element that helps define the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"