First Avenger Should Hitler be in First Avenger: Captain America?

yeah but also lest not forget that in 1940 assassination was not a thing encouraged in war

It's war. If an American operative was face to face with Hitler, you would bet he would try and kill him. I doubt the American generals would go "good job on ending World War 2 son...but we're not so big on the assassination thing...gives us a bad name you know."

However, you're scenario would work. Cap doesn't have time to go to work on Hitler and his cronies, so he settles for a punch and races on.

Actually I would have them meet and recreate the cover of Captain America number one as Cap gives him a knuckle sandwich...but the main villain should be the Skull

That would be way too corny and it would really kind of deteriorate the seriousness of WW2. I'd rather they pay homage to it by simply having the comic itself make an appearance in the movie. I don't think Cap and Hitler should ever meet though.

It's war. If an American operative was face to face with Hitler, you would bet he would try and kill him. I doubt the American generals would go "good job on ending World War 2 son...but we're not so big on the assassination thing...gives us a bad name you know."

However, you're scenario would work. Cap doesn't have time to go to work on Hitler and his cronies, so he settles for a punch and races on.

well considering how in 1940 America wasnt at war with Germany so assassination outside of war is a big no no

That would be way too corny and it would really kind of deteriorate the seriousness of WW2. I'd rather they pay homage to it by simply having the comic itself make an appearance in the movie. I don't think Cap and Hitler should ever meet though.

i think it would be cool and right along the same lines as when Indy handed the note book to Hitler who signed it....but how serious is this movie taking WW2 by putting a superhero in the middle of it

We definately need to see him in news-reels, since that's what inspires Steve to enlist in the Army.

I'd love to have a scene where Cap punches Hitler square in the face, but it wouldn't spoil the movie for me if it doesn't happen. If they did, I'd probably see it multiple times in the theater though.

Featuring Hitler would not be disrepectful. Making him a lackey to Red Skull would be.

when I said secondary, I didn't mean make him a lackey. I meant make him like what Roach said. Have him be the main baddy who prefers to pull the strings from the sidelines while the Red Skull does all the dirty work.

Im sure disrespecting Hitler isnt a bad thing

well considering how in 1940 America wasnt at war with Germany so assassination outside of war is a big no no

If they go with the angle of having Cap actually fight in battles, then it might be in the war.

But still...do you really think America hasn't had people assassinated?

But I like the scenario you posed, and I also would love to see something along the lines of what we saw in Basterds if Cap is captured and Hitler is sneering over him.

If they go with the angle of having Cap actually fight in battles, then it might be in the war.

But still...do you really think America hasn't had people assassinated?

But I like the scenario you posed, and I also would love to see something along the lines of what we saw in Basterds if Cap is captured and Hitler is sneering over him.

recent times yes...back in 1940's no

During the war, if America had gotten a chance to kill Hitler, they would have. Heck, German Soldiers tried to assassinate Hitler, you think we weren't?

We already had done a lot more more un-honorable things before the 1940's as a country, I really don't think assassination was beneath us.

i think it would be cool and right along the same lines as when Indy handed the note book to Hitler who signed it....but how serious is this movie taking WW2 by putting a superhero in the middle of it

Indy bumping into Hitler and accidentally having his father's diary signed by him is a lot different from a costumed Superhero being face-to-face with Hitler and then slugging him one. Propoganda had its place during WW2, but if they actually had Captain America punching Hitler in the movie 60+ years after the fact it would come across as American ego *********ion.

Last edited:
Indy bumping into Hitler and accidentally having his father's diary signed by him is a lot different from a costumed Superhero being face-to-face with Hitler and then slugging him one. Propoganda had its place during WW2, but if they actually had Captain America punching Hitler in the movie 60+ years after the fact it would come across as American ego *********ion.

That's what I'm getting at, but if it's done right it could work. An Inglorious Basterds kind of thing could work quite well, or even a situation like Roach's.

But it would have to be written well, or you're right, it would just come across, as you elegantly put it, "ego *********ion."

I seem to remember something on the History Channel where there were American snipers that tried to assassinate him.

Doesn't have to be necessarily American--no one really has any love-loss for Hitler, so seeing anyone punch the f**k out of Hitler would be awesome. Hell, they could have Union Jack or someone do it and it'd still be awesome. :woot:

The thing is though, in the original comics showing Cap punch Hitler was meant to be provocative, and during the war the comics were meant to give people hope that America would win. Since Hitler has been dead for 60 years though, showing a fictional character beat him up would be in poor taste, because it's basically just saying "America: f*** yeah!" There's really no point to show Cap punching Hitler in the movie now other than to say "America is awesome, and we want to see an American beat up Hitler even though it never happened in real life."

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind at all if we see him talking to, or giving orders to the Red Skull or some other Nazi villain, so long as he's presented in a realistic fashion.

As for him meeting Captain America. That could be alright, as long as it doesn't get too over the top.

I do however want to point out that Captain America probably wouldn't just kill Hitler, since as he probably knows, if you off Hitler, the next guy in line is just as bad, if not worse.

There's a reason the Allies were always reluctant to off Hitler.

The thing is though, in the original comics showing Cap punch Hitler was meant to be provocative, and during the war the comics were meant to give people hope that America would win. Since Hitler has been dead for 60 years though, showing a fictional character beat him up would be in poor taste, because it's basically just saying "America: f*** yeah!" There's really no point to show Cap punching Hitler in the movie now other than to say "America is awesome, and we want to see an American beat up Hitler even though it never happened in real life."

actually that came a full year before America joined the war. Infact the creators recieved death threats because of it. America didnt want to go to war but Simon and Kirby knew that America needed to..hence the cover...

Writer Joe Simon conceived the idea for Captain America, which was refined by his partner, artist Jack Kirby, in 1941. Captain America was a consciously political creation. Simon and Kirby were morally repulsed by the actions of Nazi Germany in the years leading up to the United States' involvement in World War II and felt war was inevitable. Simon later said, "The opponents to the war were all quite well organized. We wanted to have our say too."[5]

Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941) — on sale in December 1940, a year before the bombing of Pearl Harbor but a full year into World War II, showed the protagonist punching Nazi leader Adolf Hitler in the jaw — sold nearly one million copies.[6] While most readers responded favorably to the comic, some took objection. Simon noted, "When the first issue came out we got a lot of . . . threatening letters and hate mail. Some people really opposed what Cap stood for

in a superhero movie called Captain America....hell the concept alone is American Ego *********ion....Cap slugging Hitler is more like American Ego Doggystyle

actually that came a full year before America joined the war. Infact the creators recieved death threats because of it. America didnt want to go to war but Simon and Kirby knew that America needed to..hence the cover...

Writer Joe Simon conceived the idea for Captain America, which was refined by his partner, artist Jack Kirby, in 1941. Captain America was a consciously political creation. Simon and Kirby were morally repulsed by the actions of Nazi Germany in the years leading up to the United States' involvement in World War II and felt war was inevitable. Simon later said, "The opponents to the war were all quite well organized. We wanted to have our say too."[5]

Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941) — on sale in December 1940, a year before the bombing of Pearl Harbor but a full year into World War II, showed the protagonist punching Nazi leader Adolf Hitler in the jaw — sold nearly one million copies.[6] While most readers responded favorably to the comic, some took objection. Simon noted, "When the first issue came out we got a lot of . . . threatening letters and hate mail. Some people really opposed what Cap stood for

I am familiar with how Captain America was meant to motivate America to intervene during WW2 before we became involved-- but that was before the war, and now it's 50 years afterwards. I hold to it that to show a fictional event of an American character punching Hitler in the face would just come across as an American ego trip. It would be like the writers saying "we know that an American never punched Hitler in real life, but we WANT to see an American punch Hitler because we are the only country awesome enough to do it." It would be pointless, and many people would consider it tasteless. The closest anyone ever came to doing that was when the GERMAN resistance attempted to assassinate Hitler during Operation Valkyrie.

If they want the image in the movie, they can let the Captain America #1 comic book itself make a cameo within the film. Trying to find room somewhere in the story for Captain America to actually punch Hitler would be ******ed though.

Last edited:
You guys do realize that this is the American Film Industry, right? Hollywood? Academy of Arts and Science?

If you don't like Cap punching Hitler then watch Bollywood.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I can already imagine Hitler's reaction when this movie comes out--

33xfnn5.jpg

Yes! I actually wrote a script for a Captain America, years ago, where Cap punched Hitler at the end. Referencing that famous cover. It was during an action Sequence and i thought it worked GREAT. The Hitler in my script was sort of a mix between the Raiders "Hitler Prescence" in Raiders and that little cameo he had in Crusade. Red skull was the hands on heavy throughout the story though.

Fun fact: In the Indy 3 point and click adventure game from Lucasarts, you met Hitler and gave him the diary. Besides "TALK" and "GIVE THE DIARY" as options, there was also "PUNCH HITLER".

Needless to say, i tried that option.:indy:

I also found out what would have happened if Indy would have done it...

However, I say to the filmmakers: PUNCH HITLER. :up:

Evil deserves mockery.

450px-Derfuehrersfaceposter.JPG

Donald agrees! :awesome:

I think he should be in the film, but just for like, 3 seconds. So Cap can punch his lights out.

well i dont know if i would like him punching him. But i wouldnt mind seeing hitler have some role in the film. News reels, or even in talks with red skull and or that zemo dude if he is in the film.

nope Cap's gotta knuckle up on him

Tim, I absolutely move that movie. Downfall is a real masterpiece IMHO.

Yes Hitler should be in the film.

No Cap shouldnt be shown punching him. That sort of corny stuff is outdated by quite a few decades.

But I think a scene or 2 showing Reds close association with Hitler, would be good and would only strenghten Skulls character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"