BvS Should Justice League Be The Third Snyder/Goyer Film?

Smith is great to listen to, but as a film maker....meh.

WqEPeVb.gif

I agree.

Snyder should direct the Justice League and the Wonder Woman solo movie (if it happens). I absolutely love Watchmen and like the direction he took with Man of Steel. Given what he did with 300 (using Ancient Greece), I think he would be absolutely perfect for a WW solo movie and Watchmen is a step above Justice League so it should be easy for him.

Absolutely. This is Goyer/Snyder's world, and it should remain that way.

I think Snyder should ultimately do as much as he wants. BUT, if they're planning on getting two or three DC movies out a year, it would be cool to get The Wachowskis, Guillermo Del Toro, and others involved, so movies can be made at the same time.

I think we can sleep tight tonight knowing that a plan is definitely being forumated behind closed doors as we speak. There's something cooking in the oven without a doubt. It's obvious.

I also love that by this time next year, DC will have three live action television shows (Arrow, The Flash, Gotham). That's pretty damn awesome.

I really think that only happened retroactively when Avengers became a massive success, and MoS didn't break the billion they wanted. In the press junket interviews for MoS, Snyder and Cavill said a few times they wanted to do one more solo film before teamups.

I think the choice to add Batman, and then WW and the JL, came after MoS' box office results.

WB isn't Marvel Studios. Marvel has the luxury of making only superhero films and doing so many of them. WB can only make a few superhero films, so they want them to be big and gross over a billion. I think Nolan's Dark Knight films also raised WB's box office expectations. My guess is they're actually investing much more into these projects than disclosed.

uh no that doesn't make sense, they announced Batman would be in the sequel a month after MOS came out. They weren't going to know how the movie was going to do really until after the second week. So you are suggesting they decided to throw Batman in there, announce it, and have a release date within a 2 week time span.

I want Snyder to be involved

I don't really care about Goyer either way

They need some fresh blood, fresh blood that respects the source material, instead of mutilating it to suit their needs.

I don't think anyone was expecting for MOS to break a billion at Warner Bros. If anyone did, then they were fools to have thought so.

No matter how big of a name Superman may be in general or how big Nolan's name is, there was no way that this film was going to make anywhere close to a billion.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/w...-priciest-incarnation-of-superman-1200493334/

So my guess is WB invested far more money into MOS than they reported. It happens.

I think they had a lot of faith that it would ride off the success of TDK and TDKR, which it did.. to an extent.

And honestly, we don't know if Batman and Wonder were a part of their original plans or not. We won't know until we start hearing them talk about it.

Based on MOS, it seems like Snyder was aware that his MOS film was going to open up a larger DC Universe with all of the Easter Eggs he had placed in there.

I think Snyder publicly said during the press junket that the Wayne Satellite was just a meta-tribute to his partnership with Nolan. That's why he used the Nolan Wayne logo from the Bale trilogy.

uh no that doesn't make sense, they announced Batman would be in the sequel a month after MOS came out. They weren't going to know how the movie was going to do really until after the second week. So you are suggesting they decided to throw Batman in there, announce it, and have a release date within a 2 week time span.

I think they always had the Batman plan as a contingency plan, if Superman couldn't do well enough on it's own.

Ultimately, WB wanted a movie that would rival Avengers II in 2015. If they were confident Superman could do that without Batman, we'd have a Superman sequel upcoming. Batman is a safe way for them to break the billion mark.

I would prefer for the studio to hand over the reigns to someone else; Snyder and Goyer should not have a monopoly as writer and director, respectively.

The problem is in certain cases if you hand over the reigns, it can cause some tonal/story inconsistencies to appear (mainly due to replacement directors being sloppy with the source material). For instance, while the Marvel movies are part of one large narrative, the difference between Favreau's and Black's Iron Man movies is jarring and feels like they don't really fit together within one trilogy.

Came in. See that it's mostly the usual suspects whining about Snyder and Goyer. Carry on.

They need some fresh blood, fresh blood that respects the source material, instead of mutilating it to suit their needs.

Source material was respected, not as much as the last film though.

There's more than one 'source of material'. Picking and choosing doesn't give folks grounds to claim otherwise.

A month's enough time for a studio to not be satisfied with something....especially given all the stellar reviews MOS got after letting so many down. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Batman being in the "Superman sequel" wasn't put together very long before they made the announcement. WB (and most studios, I imagine) likes to make a big splash ASAP - literally an hour after Cavill found out had got the part as Superman the announcement was made and the world was shown. His family didn't even know yet. That's how they do things.

I think the very fact that they're shoving Batman in here speaks of what they thought of MOS' "success" and their faith in a "sequel" and how desperate they are to ride The Avengers success while it's hot.

I think if WB just wanted to "ride The Avengers success", they would have just given us Justice League first, not BvS.

Bit out there but. What if Nolan decides to direct another hero?

Bit out there but. What if Nolan decides to direct another hero?

The Nolan-Batfans will all have an immediate seizure and collapse into an un-wakeable coma upon learning the news. The rest of us will laugh, laugh, laugh... Especially if it's for Marvel. :oldrazz: :word:

The Nolan-Batfans will all have an immediate seizure and collapse into an un-wakeable coma upon learning the news. The rest of us will laugh, laugh, laugh... Especially if it's for Marvel. :oldrazz: :word:

That exactly what i wanted to hear

patrick-bateman.jpg

Why don't WB try to get Cuaron on board one of their DC projects? Batman or even someone like Wonder Woman would benefit greatly with him. Batman needs to be done again but in a different way to Nolan's. And Wonder Woman needs a big name (and he will be after the Oscars) and a true visionary.

Why don't WB try to get Cuaron on board one of their DC projects? Batman or even someone like Wonder Woman would benefit greatly with him. Batman needs to be done again but in a different way to Nolan's. And Wonder Woman needs a big name (and he will be after the Oscars) and a true visionary.

I actually think Cuaron is a pretty big name. Is he Speilberg big? No, but he has a following and a track record. I think he would be a great choice for a WW movie. For myself, I hope that the crew Snyder assembled for MOS can stay together since I think they did a great job, but in the future Snyder can hand off the Superman films to another director so he could concentrate on Justice League. I think he is the visual action master that sort of team up film needs.

Purely from a logistical point of view if JL is to be released the year after this MoS sequel it will be difficult for Synder to be Directing JL while also working on post production of this movie. There is almost as much work involved in post production as there is directing. It would make sense to have Affleck take over the directing of the JL. It really depends on the scheduling of release dates and if these are actually being shot back to back.

I think we can sleep tight tonight knowing that a plan is definitely being forumated behind closed doors as we speak. There's something cooking in the oven without a doubt. It's obvious.

Yea, it would seem like common sense wouldn't it. Too bad the first reaction for most people is panic.

Joseph Kosinski would be a good choice for future films. He did an amazing job on Oblivion, and it's only his second movie. His background is as a professor of architecture, which explains the beauty of his movies. Over time he could become an elite director.

Darren Aronofsky was interested in doing Superman but WB turned him down because he wanted more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"