Justice League Should the Justice League #SnyderCut be made into animated movie?

You know what WB REALLY should do? It would be the quickest, cheapest, cash-grabbiest way to make everyone happy: re-release the TC of JL but this time “WITH OVER 40 mins of deleted and extended scenes!” Marvel’s doing it with their Infinity Saga box set where they’re adding in new deleted material to their movies why not just compile a selection of Zack’s finished footage and dump it in a deleted scenes special feature and call it a day? Emboldened fans will make their own snyder cut with the material and we’ll at least have our curiosity satiated to see how alternate scenes played out.

Around 6 million and that's if you're doing a 70 minute movie. This would cost double or triple that price since it would be close to 3 hrs. And have a more expensive cast.

To finish the FX in Snyder's movie they are looking at 10-15 million dollars which is why I have always said it makes no sense to do an animated movie unless you plan on doing the original 2 part idea for Justice League.

There never going to do a 3 hour animated identical cut. Even a faithful live action Snyder cut would have got edited to the 2 hour ish mark. An animated Snyder cut can be done in the 90 minute range. They can maintain the spirit of the story without it being identical to the scripts.

10-15 million dollar investment to a financial dud movie makes less sense than a measly 6 million dollar animated project.

Well, if they were to do an animated version, I would want them to do Snyder's full 5 arc vision, not just JL1. If they were only going to do JL1, I don’t see a point, as that was just the 3rd movie in a 5 part series. What’s the point of doing part 3, without giving it a full ending? Might as well keep the JL we have now, if we’re not going to see how this story arc plays out.

But I don’t see this happening regardless, so this is just me throwing around my opinions.
Thanks for the input. I didn't realize Zack had a 3 movie JL arc. I'll have to look into that. I know Superman turned evil and ruled the planet. I'm guessing he got fixed in the 3rd movies and not the 2nd? Sheesh Zack was really ambitious wasn't he lol.

Yea a 3 movie animated Snyder trilogy would be an option. WB pump out the animated movies like there on a production line.

What's going to make them more money, Wonder Woman Bloodlines or part 1 of the Snyder JL trilogy.

Once again the Snyder Cut as is looks a lot like X-Men Origins Wolverine when it was bootlegged.

Which isn't bad. Really they don't need to finish it but if they do they can easily make their money back and more if they release it while there is still interest in the movie.

Hmm as I said before, no film maker or studio would release an unfinished product.

Personally though I would entertain that as an option just to throw water on the Snyder cut inferno. Funnily enough I hated that bootleg Wolverine. The unfinished effects were jarring and took me out of the film (Didn't help that the movie sucked).

But if WB can release this without wasting money on promo. Just do a social media campaign, influencers and actors tweeting etc, limited release or tour the movie, it won't cost them anything and there's a bigger return on investment.

Thanks for the input. I didn't realize Zack had a 3 movie JL arc. I'll have to look into that. I know Superman turned evil and ruled the planet. I'm guessing he got fixed in the 3rd movies and not the 2nd? Sheesh Zack was really ambitious wasn't he lol.

Yea a 3 movie animated Snyder trilogy would be an option. WB pump out the animated movies like there on a production line.

What's going to make them more money, Wonder Woman Bloodlines or part 1 of the Snyder JL trilogy.
Oh, it’s a trilogy now? SINCE WHEN?

Nope.
Just use the animation budget to finish VFX and post-production and release the Snyder Cut.

Nope.
Just use the animation budget to finish VFX and post-production and release the Snyder Cut.
Animation budget isn't enough to finish the CGI, and it certainly won't be enough to do part 2 to that movie, which was Zack's original intention.

I'm too lazy to start another thread for this, but what about a Zack Snyder comic book adaption of his original script. Do a 12 issue year long event. Make for a great TPB too. :word:

Animation budget isn't enough to finish the CGI, and it certainly won't be enough to do part 2 to that movie, which was Zack's original intention.

I wasn't talking about anything that wasn't in the can. Part 2 was scrapped before the first "Justice League" even started filming. No one is asking for the original, original, original two-part idea. But simply for the one movie Snyder was working on at the time.

And what I meant was that if you have to spend money to animate an entire movie, you might as well invest that money to bring Zack Snyder's cut of the movie towards the finish line. The animated "The Dark Knight Returns" Part I & II, which together have a runtime of about two and a half hours cost $7 million to make.

Anyway, none of us knows how far into post-production they were, so it's difficult to make assumption about how much money would still have to go in there. And from what Jason Momoa said, I'm pretty sure Snyder did some work on his own.

Last edited:
I would say Warner's should just release the Script for Justice League that was in place before Batman vs. Superman's theatrical release.

The Snyder Cut even before Whedon took over is still a butchered cut as Warner's presumably was meddling amidst production seeing as how Justice League started shooting so soon after Batman vs. Superman's theatrical release the script was certainly meddled and various characters originally planned were scrapped.

A cartoon show isn't going to fix this:
*Release the script for part 1.
*Also release preliminary plans and new interviews with creative staff on what would've been in store for part 2

It would beat reading forum posts anyday and would be something I'd put on my e-reader.

release the original script. let online fans create a comic around it.
i bet it would look cool. lot of talented non-company artists out there.

release the original script. let online fans create a comic around it.
i bet it would look cool. lot of talented non-company artists out there.
I think DC should just do it. Make it an official elseworlds title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"