Justice League Dark Animated Film

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
Justice League Dark Revealed To Be Next DC Animated Movie

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/07/justice-league-dark-revealed-to-be-next-dc-animated-movie/

44yTkxD.jpg

Following in the footsteps of DC Entertainment’s animated recreation of the iconic The Killing Joke storyline, the company is taking on one of their lesser known properties for their next endeavor.

While it hasn’t been officially announced, we now know that their next animated film will be Justice League Dark, via the British Board of Film Classification (bbfc) website. In their listing for Batman: The Killing Joke, the additional material section includes “A Sneak Peak at Justice League Dark”.

Justice League Dark was introduced as part of DC’s New 52 initiative and featured a roster comprised of John Constantine, Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Enchantress, and Shade the Changing Man. The team was meant to be a Justice League-like group that focused on Supernatural and Magical threats, but it wasn’t actually related to the league in any way. In fact, they really don’t want to be a team at all, but they end up grouping together for the greater good.

Writer Peter Milligan said at the time (via Newsarama): “It was the “dark” bit that really appealed to me. The idea of taking these characters and this kind of story into some dark places. That doesn’t always or necessarily mean supernatural black magic dark. It can mean emotionally dark. A messed up confused kind of dark. The basic screwed up human condition transplanted onto a superhero/supernatural comic.”

DC has been adept at translating some of these darker concepts into animated films, and I'm eager to see what they do with Justice League Dark, and what exact storyline they go with.

e0PFI27.jpg

If they put Swamp Thing in here, the perfect intro song...

[YT]3H5zXh6MVvg[/YT]

First time for Constantine in animation?

I hope they have the original JL in it even a small part like they did with JL vs TT

I'm so amped for this. As long as Swamp Thing and Constantine are in it, consider this bought!

I think it would be a missed opportunity if Swamp Thing wasn't in it.

really hope its not part of the 52 animated universe but a stand alone, much like Gods and Monsters.

Also hope its Timm's art style

really hope its not part of the 52 animated universe but a stand alone, much like Gods and Monsters.

Also hope its Timm's art style

The JLD was an idea created specifically for the New 52 reboot, so I imagine it will be connected.

I just hope its successful because everytime these animated movies go outside the box (Batman or Superman related) we never get follow ups because they dont sell well.

Watch them find a way to shoehorn Batman in here

Also I think not going the live action route is a HUGE mistake.
DC can finally get the jump on Marvel venturing into the horror element of the comic universe and be original.

The script is still there. Its' not as though they've burn't Del Toro's script. Should they wish to get a live action movie going it won't be difficult.

The script is still there. Its' not as though they've burn't Del Toro's script. Should they wish to get a live action movie going it won't be difficult.

Hopefully if the animated movie does well enough, that will spark some WB executive to dig around and find that script.

DC can finally get the jump on Marvel venturing into the horror element of the comic universe and be original.
Agreed. On the whole I like DC's approach to that world more than Marvel's. Hopefully this is an Assault on Arkham to Suicide Squad situation.

This whole shared universe can be a gold mine for DC and Marvel.
But if DC gets bold and tries a twist to their shared universe idea with the horror themed characters that may open the flood gates further if its done right.
They could have a strong presence in the superhero & horror movie market all at once.

I swear , if this ends up being a copout from doing the live action movie, i'm gonna be mad. However, i'll try and keep my hopes up.

Nah, man. This is a way to test the waters, thats all. They want to see how hungry the fanbase really is for this.

Believe me, if this sells well. We're getting a live action movie.

Last edited:

This is a movie to test the waters and build awareness, just like how they made a Batman movie with the Suicide Squad and Justice League movie centering around Flash and Aquaman. I'm sure they're going to position and market this as a Justice League movie first and foremost (and who knows, maybe the movie will incorporate the League meeting these supernatural characters).

I enjoyed the comic run that this film is based on. If Warner Bros. is willing to put for the same effort they did with the Flashpoint adaptation, then JLD has much promise. Constantine is one of my favorite Vertigo characters, so here is hoping that he is handled well.

This is a movie to test the waters and build awareness, just like how they made a Batman movie with the Suicide Squad and Justice League movie centering around Flash and Aquaman. I'm sure they're going to position and market this as a Justice League movie first and foremost (and who knows, maybe the movie will incorporate the League meeting these supernatural characters).

If you know that to be fact Mr. Allen, I hope then it is the foundation for a live action version in the DC pipeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"