DC Universe - Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
Well the Throne of Atlantis storyline in the comics was MUCH better than the Origins arc. As long as they don't royally screw up the adaptations coughBatman&Soncough then it should be really good.

I can't wait. I was waiting at the store as they opened the boxes of War DVDs, and I'm sure I'll be doing the same for ToA. It's very cool that we're getting an animated PG-13 universe to tide us over until the eventual live-action universe gets off the ground.

I hope the animation/costume designs are better.

-Hopefully the adoptation is good, because the comic storyline was great.

I'll take the JL: War WW costume over her comic book outfit all day long. It's not a great design, but it's better than the alternative.

Depends on which comic book outfit you're referring to.

Check out Aquaman, Mera, Black Manta, and Ocean Master...

http://www.newsarama.com/21151-aquaman-to-get-animated-new-52-origin-film.html

Aquaman-toy.jpg

I'm praying they look better animated because I HATE these looks. So uninspired and plain compared to their outfits in the comics.

These movies are just slowly going down creatively.

I have to say, I haven't been enjoying Phil Bourassa's work very much lately... as with the DVD's as a whole, it's starting to get monotonous.

Cranking out three a year is really affecting their quality, although Bruce Timm seemed to manage it pretty well.

TV Guide has your first look at Justice League: Throne of Atlantis:

qsmqoo.jpg

The lead role is voiced by 90210 and Star-Crossed vet Matt Lanter, who earned his animation bona fides as Anakin Skywalker on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
The film, a continuation of the story begun in last winter's Justice League: War, brings back much of the cast, including Jason O'Mara (Batman), Shemar Moore (Cyborg), Christopher Gorham (the Flash), Sean Astin (Shazam). Several Warner Animation vets return to play in the DC sandbox, including Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern), Rosario Dawson (Wonder Woman) and Jerry O'Connell (Superman). Being Human's Sam Witwer, another Clone Wars alum, stars as Aquaman's devious brother Orm, who is behind the move towards war, while Sumalee Montano, who played Katana in Beware the Batman, plays the fiery badass Mera, Aquaman's future queen.

So we've lost Alan Tudyk, Michelle Monaghan and Justin Kirk from the cast... will anybody miss them?

Ugh....what is that animation style? The designs are weaker and weaker.

Same as The Flashpoint Paradox.

Same as The Flashpoint Paradox.

While I thought the animation was fantastic in that movie, I wasn't very fond of the designs.

Bourassa continues to morph his Young Justice look into a weird anime thing and It's not entirely working for me.

So glad tht tudyk Monaghan and Kirk are gone their replacements will be much better

Out of the voice cast from 'War', O'Mara, Gorham, Moore and Astin are the best, imo. Kirk was ok too, but Fillion is fantastic as Hal. Dawson as WW and O'Connell as Superman will be pretty good too.

Not digging the style, but I'm more concerned about the story. As long as it holds up, I can forgive sloppy character designs/animation.

TV Guide has your first look at Justice League: Throne of Atlantis:

qsmqoo.jpg

So we've lost Alan Tudyk, Michelle Monaghan and Justin Kirk from the cast... will anybody miss them?

Wow...he looks great, although I don't understand why the torso doesn't have the chainmail pattern. I'm so psyched for this. I just wish it wasn't another 6 months away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"