DC Universe - Justice League: War

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with a little cleavage. It's a bit much when she is almost spilling out of her top, though.

Agreed. I just found it weird that THIS movie was were they decided to bring up the "your costume is too skimpy" thing. Her costume here is much more conservative than it's been in pretty much all or her other animated appearance. It would have made much more sense to bring it up in one of those.

I would rather they never bring up the costume. Instead of making excuses for it, how about improving her costume and eliminating the problem altogether? I'd rather she just have a proper outfit and it wouldn't even need to be brought up.

About to give this a second viewing.

Since we are getting "continuity" dtvs now, I hope the Atlantis JL movie, they give WWs costume some tweaks. First making the W emblem way bigger instead of something that you barely notice.

So, is this supposed to be a sequel to Flashpoint Paradox or not? It looked like the end of FP was setting this up, but I'm not sure if they're supposed to be connected.

If the ties are so few that you have to ask whether or not its connected, then it really doesn't matter ;)

Last edited:
It's meant to be a new fresh start. A so called reboot to the universe. It's just a shame they started out like this. :csad:

So, is this supposed to be a sequel to Flashpoint Paradox or not? It looked like the end of FP was setting this up, but I'm not sure if they're supposed to be connected.

If the ties are so few that you have to ask whether or not its connected, then it really doesn't matter ;)

I guess I'd call it a sequel in theory. FP set up a New52-like DCAU, but it also showed Barry and Bruce knowing one another. In War, they met for the first time, so it can't be a direct sequel.

It's meant to be a new fresh start. A so called reboot to the universe. It's just a shame they started out like this. :csad:

I've watched War 4 times already and it keeps getting better with each viewing.

Yeah, I mean, its true this movie doesn't have much story to it but then neither did the story arc this was based on. I think this is actually one of DC's most fun, most re-watchable films. Its just non-stop balls to the wall action with great character interactions.

Yeah, I mean, its true this movie doesn't have much story to it but then neither did the story arc this was based on. I think this is actually one of DC's most fun, most re-watchable films. Its just non-stop balls to the wall action with great character interactions.

i agree on both counts, little original story but really fun to watch.

that's also why i don't necessarily hold the avengers as high as others. it had very little plot but was fun to watch

I find this to be more to fun to watch than The Avengers.

Last edited:
I find this to be more to fun to watch than The Avengers.

yoN9pdV.gif

Even animated it looked and felt more real than the Avengers.

For real? I'm not even a fan of The Avengers and I find this statement a bit difficult to believe.

I certainly won't go that far, but I will say that JL:War could be the kind of movie that gives Warner Bumbles an Avengers-type of buzz if they eventually translate a similar plot to live action.

I certainly won't go that far, but I will say that JL:War could be the kind of movie that gives Warner Bumbles an Avengers-type of buzz if they eventually translate a similar plot to live action.

I pray that never happens.

For real? I'm not even a fan of The Avengers and I find this statement a bit difficult to believe.

On first watch, I loved it (9.5/10), and it was probably the most fun I've had in a theatre.

But it does nothing for me anymore. IMO the equally thin plot doesn't carry the 2hr+ movie (whereas War only has 1hr), and Whedon's cutesy tone/dialogue grates on my nerves (even more than bro-dude Superman).

Last edited:
For those wondering this is technically a prequel to Flashpoint Paradox as after Barry reset the universe he and Bruce already knew each other. War is the story of how they met, so it is in continuity with FP, just takes place before the final scene of FP.

I enjoyed this movie. I mean it's dumb and a lot of the characterizations were bad but I found it to be probably the most fun I have had watching a DC animated movie. It's not my favourite as I prefer something a little smarter like Under the Red Hood or Superman vs The Elite, but it was definitely enjoyable.

How is that hard to believe, if you much prefer these characters? On first viewing, I liked as much. Much of the Avengers does not look animated, but not real either.

Batman and Wonder Woman are awesome in it, too.

On first watch, I loved it (9.5/10), and it was probably the most fun I've had in a theatre.

But it does nothing for me anymore. IMO the equally thin plot doesn't carry the 2hr+ movie (whereas War only has 1hr), and Whedon's cutesy tone/dialogue grates on my nerves (even more than bro-dude Superman).

It doesn't do much for me either, but I guess I prefer it to poor characterizations of my favorite characters.

How is that hard to believe, if you much prefer these characters? On first viewing, I liked as much. Much of the Avengers does not look animated, but not real either.

Batman and Wonder Woman are awesome in it, too.

I thought the characterizations of WW and Superman were the worst parts of the movie. I thought batman and Flash were decent though.

I would be in line weeks in advance, doing my Shazam impression:

"Vic-to-ry! Vic-to-ry! Vic-to-ry!" :woot:

We have very different tastes I guess. I would hate to see some of the characters come off like the JL War characters. It would ruin the movie for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"