DC Universe - Batman Versus Robin

it was really good. I enjoyed it more than the comic book story actually.

I just can't stand the design used for batman every time Jason portrays him. I can do without the chin strap and mask ears ect. Ontop of that, I hate how all of these newer DCAU movies are basically slow moving aesthetically un appealing Anime. Give me something more along the lines of Red hood. Not to mention, I can't stand the voice cast of the past few movies... I mean can we get rid of O'Mara yet? His deliveries are flat and just not very good. I hate to sound so negative but jeez, I can deal with the cruddy adaptations but all these need work.

I'm all for variety in the Batman voices, but Conroy is still king, he should be voicing Batman in all these animated adaptations

that being said, I've gotten used to Jason O'mara's voice and Bruce Greenwood's.

I'm all for variety in the Batman voices, but Conroy is still king, he should be voicing Batman in all these animated adaptations

that being said, I've gotten used to Jason O'mara's voice and Bruce Greenwood's.

Greenwood is my second pick everytime. I grew up with Conroy so of course he is the quintessential voice for me but he's getting old and Im sure he cant keep doing this forever. After Arkham Knight, I can see him taking a break. Hopefully we can get a Killing Joke adaptation some day with him and Hamill reprising their roles.

O'Mara isnt bad, hes just bland. I think it has to do more with the dialogue and directors though because every now and then he can manage to spit out a line that catches my attention.

O'Mara is decent, but there is something in his voice that is off putting, not to mention he often times just delivers his lines very flat and dry. I prefer the likes of conroy(As do most) even though his voice has become more Bruce Wayne and less dark brooding batman over the years. I like other people to portray Bats as well. Greenwood is for sure my second favorite right after Conroy. I also very much like Roger Craig Smith and Rino Romano.. They haven't gotten fair wraps. I feel like RCS and greenwood should be getting the bulk of batman roles that Conroy doesn't get/accept.

Last edited:
I'd love Greenwood to do more Batman voice overs. He was awesome in Under the Red Hood.

People are actually digging these semi continuity dtv things?
After the Altantis one I imagined the flaws were outweighing the 'good'.

If they could only just make a regular series. Even at it's worst the young justice show gave me more due in large part to that tight worth my time continuity. What's more, these adaptations almost always feel rushed. Save for the DKR one, there is just too much lost. But the biggest crutch imo is this 52 stuff. After JL War and now Atlantis, it's just too..'johns'.
I see the fun in this Robin but there is also something massively unappealing about him.

Now they are going to do 'their' version of owls? Half curious to see how it compares to the very much loved original material.

I've been really disappointed with Jason O'Mara in these DTV's. He sounds bored, monotonous and disjointed when delivering the dialogue. True, he has the odd decent moment, but with the talented Andrea Romano working with him, she's bound to pull something decent out of him at some point.

I don't mind it at all when they don't utilize Conroy, but at the very least, replace him with someone great.

My list for best Bat-voices would be:

1.) Kevin Conroy (Still in a league of his own)

2.) Bruce Greenwood (The most suitable replacement for current Conroy, even if he was as wooden as a plank in Young Justice)
3.) Anthony Ruivivar (Simply stunning work in Beware the Batman)
4.) Diedrich Bader (A modernized, slightly serious Adam West)
5.) Roger Craig Smith
6.) Rino Romano

Roger Craig Smith, totally forgot about him. He's even better than Greenwood in my book.

Hope this is good. The Court of Owls have been a good edition to Batman's mythos and nice to see them in an animated movie.

I enjoyed this quite a bit.

As with most DC animated movies, most of the drama/voice-acting doesn't do much for me, and the story is a little all over the place, but the main thing here is that the Court of Owls is just so damn cool.

The creepy appeal of the Court really came across (not as much as the comic, but still there), and most of the great settings and set-pieces were included (the red graves room, the maze, the assault on the mansion). The fight scenes and 'camera'-work are also really good (though I think they could have gone bigger with the bat-robot scene).

I guess my biggest complaint is that the movie mostly side-steps how Court of Owls relates to Batman on a character level in favor of a Batman/Robin father/son story, which was fine, but it feels like a missed opportunity. There are also some occasional tonal problems and a couple moments of sloppy animation as well (especially the car chase).

Overall, a step up from 'Son of Batman' (which I still enjoyed, mind you), even if it's mostly because of the source material.

3.5-4/5 for me.

Last edited:
As long as it's better than son of batman....

As long as it's better than son of batman....
Still haven't seen that one. Not sure I want to considering the feedback…

I hope this movie is okay. I'm not really convinced though.

I think Batman's general run with animated movies has been good. MOTP, ROTJ, TDKR, UTRH and Assault on Arkham are the clear standouts. I don't really like the rest as much.

This was much better than Son of Batman...

The story was much more interesting, with stunning animation from Jay Oliva. As usual, I'm a little cold towards Jason O'Mara. He sounded terribly off with the whole, ''Get the hell out of my cave!!'' bit...

I'll get a more detailed review up later, but this one is definitely recommended.

. I feel like RCS and greenwood should be getting the bulk of batman roles that Conroy doesn't get/accept.

I'd love Greenwood to do more Batman voice overs. He was awesome in Under the Red Hood.

I've been really disappointed with Jason O'Mara in these DTV's. He sounds bored, monotonous and disjointed when delivering the dialogue. True, he has the odd decent moment, but with the talented Andrea Romano working with him, she's bound to pull something decent out of him at some point.

I don't mind it at all when they don't utilize Conroy, but at the very least, replace him with someone great.

My list for best Bat-voices would be:

1.) Kevin Conroy (Still in a league of his own)

2.) Bruce Greenwood (The most suitable replacement for current Conroy, even if he was as wooden as a plank in Young Justice)
3.) Anthony Ruivivar (Simply stunning work in Beware the Batman)
4.) Diedrich Bader (A modernized, slightly serious Adam West)
5.) Roger Craig Smith
6.) Rino Romano

Roger Craig Smith, totally forgot about him. He's even better than Greenwood in my book.

Agreed. I hope I'm not being too harsh, but Jason O'Mara absolutely sucks as Batman. He sounds pathetically weak and lethargic. I cannot for the life of me understand why he keeps getting the gig. I'm starting to detest the whole new continuity thing they have going, and O'Mara as Batman is a big reason why. I'm hearing good things about Batman vs Robin, so I'm hoping it's a pleasant surprise. I don't expect my opinion of O'Mara to change though.

After Conroy, it's between Greenwood and RCS for best Bat-voice. I'd be so happy with either. They were so, so good when they got a chance. I cannot fathom why anyone would choose O'Mara when there are such great Bat-voices out there. Looks like we're stuck with him. :csad:

I am really looking forward to this. I thought Son of Batman was good too, although I seem to be in the minority.

I've been holding off on this, Son Of Batman might be the worst animated Batman film ever (animation/voice acting/story all sucked), and that team sadly made this...

Should I give in or ignore it?

It was a good film. The Court were not as creepy as I was hoping they would be nor were they presented as threatening or as dangerous as I felt they should. Like I said earlier, it was a good film but I preferred Assault on Arkham.

I've been holding off on this, Son Of Batman might be the worst animated Batman film ever (animation/voice acting/story all sucked), and that team sadly made this...

Different writer and director, so not the same team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"