DC Universe - Batman Versus Robin

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
The upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie titles announced include Batman Versus Robin, which will feature The Court of Owls from the Batman comic series, coming for Summer 2015.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...15-dc-animated-universe-original-movie-slate/

Considering it's based on The Court of Owls, it's an odd title to be sure. But hey, it's one of Snyder's best arcs and it could be alot of fun. Certainly if it puts the spotlight on Dick Grayson a little more.

Given how big of an story Court of Owls was I am surprised at them adapting it under anything but that title. I guess they are just going to inter-cut the first volume with Nightwing's first New 52 arc regarding Haley's circus and hopefully Saiko.

According to James Tucker, it's not based on The Court of Owls. Seriously, who was taking notes at this event?

Oh and in other misreported news, Batman vs Robin is NOT an adaptation of The Court of Owls storyline. Sheesh

I hope it's another Morrison adaptation.

Let's hope this one is actually good!

I hope it's another original, and I hope they eventually do, do a huge Court of Owls adaption with Nightwing's part in it fully covered.

A new collectible solicitation from the film provided us with a tease of the plot:

The Dark Knight must not only battle the Boy Wonder in the DC Universe Animated Original Movie, Batman Vs. Robin, but also an army of undead assassins called the Talons! This detailed action figure captures their stylized design from the film.
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...ted-in-dc-comics-february-2015-solicitations/

9bb3ba71-a713-4158-a414-f3ccfa831cb8_zps7d09a215.jpg

So it looks like you guys are right... Sounds like a mixture between Morrison's Batman vs. Robin and Snyder's The Court of Owls.

Thanks for the info update. :) I am interested to see exactly how they are going to merge the two stories, unfortunately it seems like it will feature Damien.

this project has me excited. I love Morrison's run, and court of owls was one of my favourite stories in snyder's run, even though I didn't like city of owls.

I found Court of Owls a mixed bag, but I generally love Morrison's work (his run on Batman and Robin was the best), so I hope it is based on that in some way.

Preliminary home video artwork:

30aqngw.jpg
16lclls.jpg

Apparently consumers who completed a recent survey for WB Home Entertainment got a little Sneak peek. The target date for Batman vs Robin is still Spring/Summer 2015.

Thanks to The Worlds Finest

Is this in continuity with Son of Batman or Assault on Arkham?

I really hope this is good! I enjoyed Assault on Arkham but had alot of difficulty with Son of Batman. DC's animation films are getting shaky!

Is this in continuity with Son of Batman or Assault on Arkham?

Unless I'm wrong Assault on Arkham took place in the Arkhamverse and Son of Batman in the same continuity as JL: War.

Preliminary home video artwork:

16lclls.jpg

Apparently consumers who completed a recent survey for WB Home Entertainment got a little Sneak peek. The target date for Batman vs Robin is still Spring/Summer 2015.

Thanks to The Worlds Finest

This is the better box of the two but I don't care for the Batman and Robin models.

Damian's costume is live action ready. such an awesome design

Agreed. It wouldn't take too much tweaking for it to look acceptable on screen.

they should give Carrie Damian's suit in the movie. the black parts can be made of the same material as the Batfleck suit. the red parts don't have to be protective, they would be going over the thick black undersuit. the tunic would be more decorative

THR reveals the initial details for WB Animation's Batman vs Robin.

Voice Cast:
Jason O'Mara - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Stuart Allen - Robin/Damian Wayne
Sean Maher - Nightwing/Dick Grayson
David McCallum - Alfred Pennyworth
Jeremy Sisto - The Talon
Grey Griffin - Samantha
Weird Al Yankovic - The Dollmaker
Robin Atkin Downes - Grandmaster
Peter Ornorati - Draco
Kevin Conroy - Thomas Wayne

Written by: J.M. DeMatteis
Produced by: James Tucker
Directed by: Jay Oliva

2m43ga0.jpg

Last edited:
Jay Oliva directing this has me excited about the action sequences, but the cast has me worried. Dollmaker, Talon AND Thomas Wayne in this? Perhaps Dollmaker is just a cameo villain.

Ugh, why are they pushing Dollmaker so much anyway? He was a bland, "edgy" villain that never took off in the Nu52 comics.

Also, I hope "Thomas Wayne" is just Bruce's father and they ignore the stupid Lincoln March twist.

Kevin Conroy as Thomas Wayne. Conroy really does get around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"