DC Universe - Justice League: War

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Covering new ground" is meaningless if the idea is bad in the first place and/or is executed poorly.

No disrespect to anyone, but "it's a new take" has become a go-to defense and blanket response to anything that gets criticized, regardless of whether the criticisms are valid or not.

So dumb. Ugh. Just so dumb.

There's two things from the DC universe I hope they avoid doing to her in BvsS: A stupid skimpy costume and scenes like this.
Yeah honestly i hated most Wonder Woman scenes in that movie. This was probably the worst. So much :dry:

Wtf were they thinking...

The WW in this animation is nothing like the WW in her own solo 52 book. In fact she hasn't interacted with either Steve Trevor or any of the other JL memebers which I love. The further she keeps away from JL the better IMO. I'm also reading the SM/WW book and while she kicks ass in the book I despise that link up. Supermans self doubt and inadequacy and WW having to continuously say everything is okay Clark. I will say that last book was an improvement.

Funny because I freaking LOVE the SM/WW book. It's one of DC's best books right now and Soule's making me buy this concept. If you're only argument for why you hate the book is that you hate the concept, the that's a very poor complaint.

Okay she plays second fiddle already with the majority of the book cantered on Supermans universe. Superman is inadequate and needs Wonder Woman to mother him all the time. I could go on. I did say that #6 was a vast improvement over the previous 5. Much prefer her solo book.

Okay she plays second fiddle already with the majority of the book cantered on Supermans universe. Superman is inadequate and needs Wonder Woman to mother him all the time. I could go on. I did say that #6 was a vast improvement over the previous 5. Much prefer her solo book.

I think SM/WW was actually the first attempt to tie-in the mythos from Azzarello's WW into the wider DC universe.

I had also thought that SM/WW was more Superman centric until [BLACKOUT]Apollo and Strife[/BLACKOUT] appear in the latest issue.

I hate this movie for making GL into a complete joke, but at the same time, seeing Hal get pimp slamped by Darkseid and then beat down by parademons was kind of hilarious.

So, we automatically have to like it just because it's new? Duely noted.

Someone said people who dislike the scene are being too extreme, but its supporters are being equally weird. Sometimes....a thing is just not to someone's taste...new or not.

No you don't have to like it. I don't like everything about it...but the most common complaints about the New 52 seem to be that things aren't like they used to be.

No you don't have to like it. I don't like everything about it...but the most common complaints about the New 52 seem to be that things aren't like they used to be.

Not from me. I'm all for new...I just want quality new things.

I'm sure there are some complaints about newness though. Change in comics really is terrible to some people.

I hate this movie for making GL into a complete joke, but at the same time, seeing Hal get pimp slamped by Darkseid and then beat down by parademons was kind of hilarious.

I liked the fact that none of them fared well on their own against Darkseid, even Superman.

I loved that scene. I was kind of pharmaceutically enhancdwhen I last saw JL War and that scene made me realize that JL War is very gif-able.

That and the scene I hate where WW and Supes are synchronize punching Darkseid into the Boom Tube. What the heck was that?

So, we automatically have to like it just because it's new? Duely noted.

Someone said people who dislike the scene are being too extreme, but its supporters are being equally weird. Sometimes....a thing is just not to someone's taste...new or not.

Dude , the scene was only a few seconds long, and it was intended to be a comedy relief showing of how naive this rookie wonder woman is to our world. It seems like you guys are over reacting. Perfection is kind of boring, IMO.

It was kind of funny, but it also emphasized how arrogant, and just
downright stupid Hal was when he was "green."

He kind of had it coming. Anyway, I thought it worked. I liked the characterization of GL throughout the film, as he's a guy who
thinks he's pretty awesome -and for the most part is right- but who
bites off waaayyy more than he can chew.

sadly, even this version of Hal was better than Ryan Reynolds in the
GL film.

Why? Mos didn't follow much of the New52.

It was more of a hunch, and still is, but after seeing it again, aside from the costume, Clark was acting pretty smug and mildly arrogant (not a whole lot) towards the military. Old Clark wouldn't have that passive aggressive attitude, nor would he destroy that military spy plane at the end.

It was kind of funny, but it also emphasized how arrogant, and just
downright stupid Hal was when he was "green."

I lost it completely when he told Barry that he "had a little something on his nose" and called Batman a "phenomenal *****ebag".

Finally got around to watching this. I was kinda meh about it and reading people's reviews I wasn't really excited about it. I gotta say, I really liked this version. As much as I'd like to see Aquaman get his due in the limelight the substitution for Shazam (Is that what we're calling him now?) worked a lot better. I liked the little relationship he and Cyborg had. Darkseid was a beast and it was cool to see how he easily handled the League. The only thing I didn't like was how much he used his Omega Beams. The dude was just blasting away and NO ONE died. Seriously? whatever though, it was an enjoyable film and hopefully we get a direct sequel.

Watched this with a friend, who's favourite hero is GL and he hated how much of a punk he was in this. Batman kept showing him up. Also, its kinda fun to watch these movies and count how many times batman should be dead. You've got parademons that don't flinch from assault rifles, but batman can knock them around. Also Darkseid full on punched batman at the end lol

God, this movie was so weak. The only thing i enjoyed was the ice cream scene. Everything else was poor.

God, this movie was so weak. The only thing i enjoyed was the ice cream scene. Everything else was poor.

HAHA, either people really liked the ice cream scene or really hated it.

So I watched this earlier in the week without having any idea of what to expect and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Outside of the "you're strong" line that Superman delivered to Wonder Woman, I really liked his characterization, much more than the Timmverse.

The new Batman voice definitely rubbed me the wrong way at first, but after getting used to it I really didn't notice anymore. I was just really used to Conroy.

The movie made me a much bigger fan of Cyborg than I was before. I'm even secretly hoping that the football scene shot for B/S is actually part of his origin.

The only downside in my mind was how goofy GL was through the first half. I feel like the overconfident angle was done to death, but I really liked where the character ended up.

Watched this with a friend, who's favourite hero is GL and he hated how much of a punk he was in this. Batman kept showing him up. Also, its kinda fun to watch these movies and count how many times batman should be dead. You've got parademons that don't flinch from assault rifles, but batman can knock them around. Also Darkseid full on punched batman at the end lol

I didn't think that was as bad as Batman evading Superman's punches on Apokolips. I understand that an overpowered Batman moment is a staple of a DCAU movie, but that was ridiculous.

I didn't think that was as bad as Batman evading Superman's punches on Apokolips. I understand that an overpowered Batman moment is a staple of a DCAU movie, but that was ridiculous.

That bothered me too. 1- If Clark was mind-controlled and was really trying to kill Bruce, then Bruce is pretty much dead. 2. The next time we see them Clark is now normal again and everything is cool between them. ???? That scene needed an explanation.

That bothered me too. 1- If Clark was mind-controlled and was really trying to kill Bruce, then Bruce is pretty much dead. 2. The next time we see them Clark is now normal again and everything is cool between them. ???? That scene needed an explanation.

It makes me worry about how Warner Bumbles plans to handle Batman in a live-action scenario with super-powered threats. A few moments like that can make a movie seem like it doesn't understand their characters.

That entire scene didn't work at all, ok the ice cream bit was cute. And her justification for why she wears that costume was just stupid. Actually, it was weird that they chose THIS movie to bring up the costume issue, since this is the most covered up that WW's been in years. She's showing LESS skin here that she did in the DCAU, or the comics, or the other movies (she doesn't even show any cleavage). So this was the wrong movie to bring it up in.

Well she is more covered up here and one of the pics below.

images

8021652_600x338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"