DC Universe - Justice League Dark: Apokalips War (2020)

Mera's was pretty unnerving, but John Stewart's death was even worse IMO and probably the most emotionally effective death for me. Darkseid was savage asf in that scene.

Mera's was pretty unnerving, but John Stewart's death was even worse IMO and probably the most emotionally effective death for me. Darkseid was savage asf in that scene.
They played me fully in that scene... I knew he wasn't gonna make it... But the hope... The hope was still there...

So I have a question: all of the producers, PR, and the people involved, are all mad because misinformation spread that this was the final DCUAM film, when in fact its the last of the STORY, not the universe. Why are people continuing to spread this misinformation?

So I have a question: all of the producers, PR, and the people involved, are all mad because misinformation spread that this was the final DCUAM film, when in fact its the last of the STORY, not the universe. Why are people continuing to spread this misinformation?

Where exactly have you read this? The PR team only want people to know the DC UNIVERSE line of DTVs is not coming to an end.

This continuity/universe/call it what you will seems to have come to an end with the movie. Many of the crew have stated this. Its James Tucker's last movie, even Jason O'Mara said it was his last time voicing Batman.

Who knows what the exact plans are moving forward, but there is no indication that this UNIVERSE/CONTINUITY is continuing.

I wish the guy well, but I’m so glad O’Mara is done with Batman. We got all those movies with him and I never became a fan. It became familiar but never actually good.

Conroy is king, but there have been other good voices. Roger Craig Smith, Troy Baker, Bruce Greenwood, Rino Romano, Dietrich Bader, Peter Weller, Jeremy Sisto, William Baldwin... all of those guys are better than O’Mara.

I wish the guy well, but I’m so glad O’Mara is done with Batman. We got all those movies with him and I never became a fan. It became familiar but never actually good.

Conroy is king, but there have been other good voices. Roger Craig Smith, Troy Baker, Bruce Greenwood, Rino Romano, Dietrich Bader, Peter Weller, Jeremy Sisto, William Baldwin... all of those guys are better than O’Mara.

I agree on Mara, he never particularly impressed me.

Speaking of Batman voices, I've been replaying Mass Effect 3, and I feel like the guy who voices Shephard would do well (Mark Meer I think it is?). Gives me total Conroy vibes.

I never warmed to O’Mara, easily the worst Batman voice and Billy Baldwin was bad in Crisis on Two Earths.

Bruce Greenwood and Roger Craig Smith my 2 and 3 after Conroy

Maybe it's my complete lack of investment in this version of the DCAU (and the JL Dark crew in general), but I was bored to tears by this. Though I did find its OTT bleakness/~edginess~ to be unintentionally hilarious at times.

Maybe it's my complete lack of investment in this version of the DCAU (and the JL Dark crew in general), but I was bored to tears by this. Though I did find its OTT bleakness/~edginess~ to be unintentionally hilarious at times.
I’m not too invested in that continuity either (even though I’ve seen all the films)

I did enjoy this movie a lot though. Have you seen Flashpoint, JL: War, and Death of Superman? IMO those were the best of the series along with this recent one.

I’m not too invested in that continuity either (even though I’ve seen all the films)

I did enjoy this movie a lot though. Have you seen Flashpoint, JL: War, and Death of Superman? IMO those were the best of the series along with this recent one.
Death of Superman and Flashpoint are the only ones of this current gen that I've liked. HATED JL: War, just as much as I did the comics it was based on. The Johns brand of simplification of the characters felt to me like they'd been reduced to shells or caricature versions of themselves.

This entire film was basically
Ow_the_edge.jpg

Conroy sounds old as hell nowadays. Probably because he is!

Just watched it for first time, literally finished watching it 10 minutes ago and oh my word, that was amazing. The Endgame comparisons being made are naturally going to be, but even as a DC fan over Marvel fan, this triumphs on its own terms equally.

It truly is and ending to a number of years build up and to a degree, you are stuffed if you’ve not seen previous JL animated films bridged between the regular character stand-alone films.

I’m really glad Constantine gets to play a central part to the story as does another character, won’t mention for spoilers.

Plenty of action, solid story beats and decent character conclusions, it was everything I hoped it would be.

A satisfying conclusion with an end that should please fans that have followed these films.

9/10

Conroy sounds old as hell nowadays. Probably because he is!

Conroy sounds just fine when given decent material. I wouldn't bring my A-game to some of the awful scripts he has been given either.

Hamill is the one who actually sounds old as hell. And Greenwood sounds bored out of his mind on Young Justice.

Anthony Ruivivar needs another stab at the character.

I just finished watching this a few minutes ago.
I did enjoy it but I did think that the gore and violence was a bit much.
It’s not that I don’t have the stomach for it. I just don’t think it really has a place in something like this.

The language was a bit of a problem for me too

I just finished watching this a few minutes ago.
I did enjoy it but I did think that the gore and violence was a bit much.
It’s not that I don’t have the stomach for it. I just don’t think it really has a place in something like this.

The language was a bit of a problem for me too
Interesting you say that. I still haven't seen this, but as a general thing I don't mind heavy - even extreme - violence in CBMs (live-action or animated), but I don't like bad language in them. Even Batflecks 'Oh, sh**!' in BvS jarred like hell with me.

Interesting you say that. I still haven't seen this, but as a general thing I don't mind heavy - even extreme - violence in CBMs (live-action or animated), but I don't like bad language in them. Even Batflecks 'Oh, sh**!' in BvS jarred like hell with me.
But they curse in the comics as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"