Justice League Dark Animated Film

I enjoyed grumpy logical Batman in these magical situations he doesn't understand, when he usually understands everything.

I wouldn't be opposed to his inclusion in the live action movie if it's used right, though maybe a reduced role ala Suicide Squad compared to Assault on Arkham.

As much as I liked this movie I'm just sick and tired of Batman being in the middle of everything. Personally I would love another Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash or Aquaman solo movie then anything Batman. I'm just tired of him and feel they are over using him.

As much as I liked this movie I'm just sick and tired of Batman being in the middle of everything. Personally I would love another Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash or Aquaman solo movie then anything Batman. I'm just tired of him and feel they are over using him.
Clearly not for the majority, because he's consistently the top sales pusher. Blame the rest of the fanboys and general audience for the lack of solos for others. Everyone's been given their time to shine in the spotlight and evidently sales weren't strong enough to sustain for sequels.

Batman being in this and on the cover was the main reason powers that be let it get made. I'm not saying it's not a valid criticism. However, in order for this movie to happen, it basically need to have Batman in it.

Clearly not for the majority, because he's consistently the top sales pusher. Blame the rest of the fanboys and general audience for the lack of solos for others. Everyone's been given their time to shine in the spotlight and evidently sales weren't strong enough to sustain for sequels.

Well duh, how is anyone else supposed to be interested in anyone else DC has to offer when they never offer them? Everyone else sells fairly decently, just not as quick/much as Bats.

Well duh, how is anyone else supposed to be interested in anyone else DC has to offer when they never offer them? Everyone else sells fairly decently, just not as quick/much as Bats.
...but they have offered them. My point was they didn't sell well enough to garner more.

Offering them once is not offering them enough to expect anything as big as Batman. Batman has been given to the audience for years upon years. Tv show, movie, animated show, animated movie, game, etc...

But even their 1 outing, they didn't fail in sales.

Everyone else sells fairly decently, just not as quick/much as Bats.
In order to keep this schedule of movies going, they need to make enough and as soon as possible to justify continuing at this pace.

I've seen more complaints about all the Justice League members and even for Batman in his Batman & Son flicks being side characters or getting a lot less focus than everyone else since Tucker took over...which is exactly his intent.

If they didn't, why do you suppose any studio would not continue making them to expand their gross?

They didn't make as much as Batman and not as quickly as Batman, but they still did good, just not in the amount of time WB wants.

Its a catch 22 situation. On the one hand, yes, its kind of eye rolling that Batman needs to be everywhere all the time but the other side is its a necesaary evil that may need to be done to get these off kilter movies made. Wouls Assault on Arkham have been made if Batman wasnt featured? Probably not and that movie ended up being awesome and MAY have been the gateway to Suicide Squad getting made. Putting Batman in was a necessary evil to get it greenlit though.

In a perfect world it wouldnt be necessary but WB is trying to make money at the end of the day. I think theres a reason why we never got an animated sequel to Wonder Woman which most hail as DC's finest animated feature. Or, if you've noticed we haven't been getting much Superman solo animated features lately. Its either Batman or Justice League.

So, in my opinion? If the only way I get to see Constantine, Swamp Thing and Zatanna in their own film is if Batman is in it, then so be it.

Last edited:

Superman has gotten four solo animated movies so far. Whilst that's nowhere near as many as Bats, at least they are all either good or great. I imagine there'll be another sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Its a catch 22 situation. On the one hand, yes, its kind of eye rolling that Batman needs to be everywhere all the time but the other side is its a necesaary evil that may need to be done to get these off kilter movies made. Wouls Assault on Arkham have been made if Batman wasnt featured? Probably not and that movie ended up being awesome and MAY have been the gateway to Suicide Squad getting made. Putting Batman in was a necessary evil to get it greenlit though.

In a perfect world it wouldnt be necessary but WB is trying to make money at the end of the day. I think theres a reason why we never got an animated sequel to Wonder Woman which most hail as DC's finest animated feature. Or, if you've noticed we haven't been getting much Superman solo animated features lately. Its either Batman or Justice League.

So, in my opinion? If the only way I get to see Constantine, Swamp Thing and Zatanna in their own film is if Batman is in it, then so be it.

Hopefully people support Teen Titans: Judas Contract in a big way so we can keep getting Teen Titans animations. If anything, it would atleast give Teen Titans fans an enjoyable alternative to that abomination known as Teen Titans Go!

This was a cool easter egg.

tumblr_okvq0d8WOS1urp9uco1_1280.png

This was a cool easter egg.

tumblr_okvq0d8WOS1urp9uco1_1280.png

Hopefully, it's foreshadowing. I have a feeling Fate didn't show up because he is OP. Zatanna alone can wreck ****. Fate and Zatanna is overkill. Might as well be the A-Team Justice League if they're going to stick both of them together.

I see that they got Jeremy Davies to voice Ritchie Simpson. For those who don't know, Davies also played Simpson in NBC's Constantine show. Nice touch there.

Just watched this, I quite enjoyed it, although at the risk of being flamed off the boards, I felt a bit lost throughout the middle portion of the movie. I think it was due to my unfamiliarity with this corner of the DC universe, I felt like a lot of magic jargon and mythology and characters were being thrown at us very quickly and I think the movie could've did a little better to introduce this whole corner of DC better to the layman.

But I think upon a rewatch, i'll enjoy it more. Some really impressive action sequences and animation. And yeah, I was disappointed with Swamp Thing's role in the movie especially since he's on the dang cover of the movie. But I would like to see a sequel with these characters, I hope this does well, sales wise but this might be a little out there for the casual audience. I watched this with my brother who enjoys the DC animated movies and he said he liked the characters but was totally lost as to what was going on.

33:00 mark

Jay Oliva cites Fullmetal Alchemist as his inspiration. Also, talks about the movie in general.

Unlike a lot of people here it seems, I actually liked Swamp Thing in the movie. I liked his lines, voice, acting, and design. He had such a short and sweet role in the movie. Maybe a better showing in the final battle would have helped a little but he did alright.

Best part of the movie was Zatanna's power display (although I didn't like her design much).

The whole concept is fun though and would make a great movie. I wish stupid Suicide Squad didn't use a supernatural villain.

Got around to watching this.

I certainly enjoyed more than the other New 52 DTVs.

I thought it was a good romp. Gets a solid 'B' from me.
Also the SWAMP THING special feature with Len Wein and Kelly Jones was well done.

Hope they use this for sequels and a variation of it for Dark Universe live action.

[YT]Rz2R1fU-SEU[/YT]

Hey guys what's the latest on this? Any chance that Swamp Thing will be on the roster if this ever gets made?

EDIT - I thought this thread was for the live action. My. Bad!

This is the thread for the animated film, Vision. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"