Justice League Dark Animated Film

That's what I'm hoping for. Even the motif in the JLD theme is catchy as hell. They clearly put time into this one.

That's what I'm hoping for. Even the motif in the JLD theme is catchy as hell. They clearly put time into this one.

Agreed. They definitely put a lot of time into this. This is one of the best DC animated films for sure. The characters felt so real, their personalities really shined through. It was very well written and acted.

I was weirdly impressed with the Ritchie character, he had a lot of soul, and felt like a real character. The voice actor did a great job.

Swamp Thing's role was fine, they will clearly expand upon him in a sequel.

Every character in this got a chance to shine.

Disappointed in the outcome with etrigan and swamp thing. But that can be addressed in the sequel.

Disappointed in the outcome with etrigan and swamp thing. But that can be addressed in the sequel.

Swamp Thing deserves to be addressed, at least. That **** had me wondering what the point of even having him on the cover was ... They really did him dirty, lol

Solid movie. They really done Constantine justice. Had some pretty good lines. Deadman and Zatana were good too. They were clearly the heart of the team.

Never read the comic, so I don't know what the dynamic is supposed to be, but they felt like the Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman of the team

I wish they had enough faith in the JLD characters and didn't have to shoe horn Batman in this. He felt like a distraction tbh, and literally had no constructive input. He didn't even use his detective skills to solve the mystery. Threw a few batarangs and quipped a few times.

Hopefully this gives them enough confidence to get the live action one off the ground.

Okay Ive got a question about this Batman, and I guess new-52 Batman in general. In new-52 Batman has been around for like 5-years and is quite young, and even if we believe he is somewhere around 35 years old, how does he go through 4 robins at such a fast rate?(Dick,Todd,Drake and Damian)

What am I missing here guys?

That's only fast relative to what you're used to.

You haven't seen **** yet compared to Hellblazer.

But he's a lovable a-hole , for sure.

He says it best himself , really :

050379dc043a9202b4666ba39eb27037.jpg
I did like him enough.

I thought this was great. I think the good reception is going to encourage WB to make the live action one
At this time, I don't think that's really such a good idea.

Hopefully this gives them enough confidence to get the live action one off the ground.
Maybe later, when they get their acts together.

Agreed. They definitely put a lot of time into this. This is one of the best DC animated films for sure. The characters felt so real, their personalities really shined through. It was very well written and acted.

I was weirdly impressed with the Ritchie character, he had a lot of soul, and felt like a real character. The voice actor did a great job.

Swamp Thing's role was fine, they will clearly expand upon him in a sequel.

Every character in this got a chance to shine.

They didn't even address what happened to Swamp Thing or Alec Holland's decaying corpse.

Not Young Justice.
In Justice League, it was alluded to via his military and GL affiliations.

Guess we'll see his full origin in the DCEU.

JL/JLU mentioned a brief training session with Katma Tui and the GotU mentioned choosing John, but those hardly count as an origin. A GL's origin is the selection process and training on OA. That's something that annoyed me to no end on the Justice League cartoon because John has never had his origin shown on any cartoon or film.

Did you read this in an interview somewhere? I'd like to see it since it's a really bad decision to have the DCAU influence these films in any way. The DCAU was a long time ago, and since these new films started with the New 52 continuity, it makes no sense to treat GLs as interchangeable parts just because there have been other animated versions.

Did you read this in an interview somewhere? I'd like to see it since it's a really bad decision to have the DCAU influence these films in any way. The DCAU was a long time ago, and since these new films started with the New 52 continuity, it makes no sense to treat GLs as interchangeable parts just because there have been other animated versions.

“I can’t go into specifics,” he says, “but I have a feeling when we announce our next slate of movies, people are going to be very excited because we will be using Batman, Superman and Justice League as a gateway to exposing other characters.”
So far they've only shown Cyborg's and Aquaman's origins in this continuity. Aquaman has since only shown up in that one movie.
Everyone else in the League is an established hero.
It's the same mantra across all their relevant ongoing animated continuities.

Enjoyed this movie but Batman was completely unnecessary.

I really liked Batman in this. Probably cuz I've always enjoyed the Jason Blood/Batman dynamic

I thought Batman here was really well written, a very good portrayal of his demeanour, plus Jason O'Mara's voice is great.

The only think I don't like about Batman is DCAU is in combat they deal with him like with other members of JL which undermines the feeling of him being just a man. Like in JL: War, he gets punched by Superman or Darkseid, or gets crushed againt the wall by parademons so hard it breaks the wall yet he's totally ok. I really don't like that.

This is what Snyder got right about Batman in Trinity vs Doomsday fight. The sense of mere mortal, a man at peaks of human capabilities against godlike creature. The way Bruce hides beneath the ruins to protect himself from the DD's energy, then the scene from Bruce's point of view where DD battles WW and Supes, throwing them around and blasting them, then most importantly, when DD notices Batman and Batman uses his grappling gun and grenade to barely save his ass to return lately to shoot kryptonite grenade from a far like a tactician rather than run and jump around in the middle of fight like those super-powered fighters, that was so spot on.

That's the only thing that annoys me about DCAU Batman. I know it's cartoon, but that's too catoonish. :woot:

So basically you are against BatGod...which many are in this thread.

So basically you are against BatGod...which many are in this thread.

Had to google it. :woot: Is this a particular take on Batman or just a term for impossibly good/unbeatable Batman? If the second then yes, I think there should be more focus on his intellectual skills and gadgets in battles than throwing explosive batarangs and punching things and jumping around, let alone surviving devastating hits.

Like others have said one of the better recent animated DC movies. Hopefully they continue this way

The only thing I don't like about Batman is DCAU is in combat they deal with him like with other members of JL which undermines the feeling of him being just a man. Like in JL: War, he gets punched by Superman or Darkseid, or gets crushed againt the wall by parademons so hard it breaks the wall yet he's totally ok. I really don't like that.
I recall JL War being one of the better portrayals of him as a mere mortal. Sure, you'd have to suspend disbelief on his recovery time, but the amount effort he has to exert relative to everyone else is amazing.
Gadgets aside, He relied more on his deductive reasoning and knowledge of others to take them out. That's what so great about that Superman fight. Plus, the whole focusing on one parademon at a time, while GL did most of the work, and letting his enemies abduct him just to save Superman.

This Batman is mostly there to question the supernatural and help out whenever his batarangs/batmobile come in handy, which I don't mind.

Plus, the whole focusing on one parademon at a time, while GL did most of the work, and letting his enemies abduct him just to save Superman.

Agreed. There were like three scenes that felt wrong in JL:War, otherwise it was ok.

First when parademon crashed with him to the building, Batman between parademon and building, so hard it broke the wall yet he was totally ok, that was really too much. Second when Superman punched him into the wall, the wall crumbled yet he was ok, not so bad. The third when Darkseid punched him just after he had punched all others JL members, that was over the line too, it would have squashed Batman to marmalade. Maybe there were some other over-the-top acrobatic moments, etc. but these somewhat stood out for me.

They really should've made WW a bigger character in this movie. Ignoring Batman, it was a good departure from the normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
walkinwillie
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"