• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Dark Animated Film

Wow, this gets me HYPED! I'm holding out for the physical release in two weeks but I was very nervous they were gonna F this up given their recent animated attempts. The last one I REALLY enjoyed was Assault on Arkham.

The other Leaguers cameo, maybe a couple of lines from Superman/WW/GL with a bit of action from them here-n-there.

The focus is very much on the Dark team. It's also nice to see how Batman's handled without overshadowing anything.

Nice, I'll probably check this out I haven't watched an animated film for a while cause I didn't like the Batman ones with Damiem Wayne. I tried to watch the Killing Joke but I can't get past the first twenty minutes.

If you're a fan of Zatanna you're going to love this. She's my top DC superheroine, and boy does she have some feats in this.

Wtf? Rotten Tomatoes said JLD is cancelled? Why does it seem like every corner of the internet is trying to sabotage DC?

Edit: Never mind.

Really ****ing loved this.

They need to fast-track the live-action film ASAP.

I absolutely love that Felix Faust fight.

One more question. How was Swamp Thing? Does he shine?

One more question. How was Swamp Thing? Does he shine?
Probably one of the weaker aspects of the film. The character itself was great, but what they do with him... not so much.

Probably one of the weaker aspects of the film. The character itself was great, but what they do with him... not so much.

That's disappointing :( I was really hoping to see some fun interplay between Swamp Thing and Constantine.

Watched it. It was good, and I liked it. The main theme was really catchy. I was worried it was gonna slobber all over Batman and always give him the last line and the cool moments like a lot of DC movies do, but it didn't really happen. Batman stayed pretty reasonable in how useful he is against magical threats, he helps out but he never undermines anyone.

Also, I know it's a nerdy thing to get mad over, but right off the bat it annoyed me with showing some major metropolitan New York-esque city and calling it Washington DC. Washington DC does not look like New York or Chicago or whatever.

Also, I know it's a nerdy thing to get mad over, but right off the bat it annoyed me with showing some major metropolitan New York-esque city and calling it Washington DC. Washington DC does not look like New York or Chicago or whatever.

I know what you mean. When they flashbacked to Merlin and Blood and said 500 years ago that bothered me. It should have been more like 1,200 years ago. 500 years ago the Portuguese and the Spanish were colonizing the "New World". Pretty sure Emrys or Merlin or whatever you want to call him was long dead (if he was real at all) by then.

But if that's what bothered us about the movie what does that say about it's quality? LOL

Last edited:
Jason O'Mara is really starting to grow on me I thought it was nice that
Jeremy Davies reprised his role from Constantine as well

Just finished watching it. Really enjoyed it, the 2 main action scenes were my favorite of the film. Going into it wasnt very knowledgeable able some of the characters and this film made me want to know and see more of them. Definitely a must see imo..

Yeah, Batman was used well in general. He wasn't a pushover, but he wasn't the star either.

I like how the Felix Faust fight was basically a B & E by the Dark team.

I liked it even though I wasn't looking forward to it because I never liked the concept but they cleverly just made it a motley crew instead of an actual JL team. Zatanna and Constantine definitely shine and Batman was barely even there. However I didn't like the fight with Destiny, these JL movies final boss fights are waaay too repetitive. I honestly cant tell the difference between Darkseid, Trigon and Destiny, even Orm doesn't stand out too much. The only thing that changes is the difficty level which is imo degrading for Darkseid. Otherwise they smash the city, show little to no personality and then are kicked back to Apokolips,hell,Dreamstone etc.

I enjoyed it as an animated introduction to the Justice League Dark.

Batman being there was a bit arbitrary. He's only there because he's Batman and they probably couldn't do a JLD movie without having Batman in it and having him be on the cover.

And yeah, Swamp Thing is essentially wasted here. I would've liked it if he decided to help of his own accord instead of being tricked into it.

Thats disappointing about Swamp Thing not being in it much. Next to Constantine he was the big draw for me with this.

Thats disappointing about Swamp Thing not being in it much. Next to Constantine he was the big draw for me with this.

Like Boom said the character itself was great and I would add was pretty memorable.
He just doesn't serve much of a narrative purpose with everyone else so developed and driving the story.

Ah ok. Doesnt sound so bad. Important thing is it seems like theres a general consensus that this is a much better DCAU effort than the last few years' worth of movies. :)

I didnt know JM deMatteis wrote this. That would explain why everyones praising the writing. He's always been one of my favorite comic writers, to this day, his interpretation of Spiderman remains my favorite.

Yeah, this was pretty fantastic , but

DAMN, what a waste of Swamp Thing. I liked the voice actor, though.

Also, I know it's probably kinda minor in the grand scheme of things, but after all the disturbing stuff that was put in this... John STILL can't light up a single cigarette?? Kinda ridiculous, lol.

Glad he saved the day with a con instead of using those damn fireballs again, though. Classic Constantine move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"