DC Universe - Batman Versus Robin

I think O'mara sounds like a young Batman. He sounds a bit more energetic and has a bit less seasoning than other voice actors. Bruce Greenwood has a more mature older Batman voice, with "some smoke in it." Conroy's so comfortable in the role that he sounds experienced, world wary, and still a little suave. And of course, Weller has the "old man" voice, sounding like a Clint Eastwood who didn't smoke nearly as much.

O'mara's only real problem is that his material hasn't been quite as top notch as his predecessors. Greenwood, for instance, got to play a much less stoic Batman, Conroy is given excellent deadpan lines all the time, and the voice actor in Arkham Origins gets to play a green Batman who still makes mistakes. O'Mara's Batman has been in action movie after action movie, and never as the emotional center of the film.

I just find he sounds like he has rocks in his throat. We may have been spoiled for years by Conroy..but why can't we continue to be spoiled, their is also Greenwood from Under the red hood that I liked a lot as well though..

Oh well, he does sound young which I suppose is what they are going for, I just think these movies in general have been a huge drop-off from the older (pre-52) movies.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/401571-batman-vs-robin-cover-art-and-more-details-revealed
Following the new trailer for Batman vs. Robin (watch below), Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has released the cover art and more details for the April 14 release. Batman vs. Robin will be available on Blu-Ray Deluxe Edition, Blu-Ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD. The Blu-ray Deluxe Edition, will include the Blu-Ray Combo Pack, along with a Batman figurine in a gift set.

The shadows of Gotham City are no place for a child but Damian Wayne is no ordinary child. Now bearing the mantle of Robin, he blazes a headstrong and sometimes reckless trail alongside his father, Batman. While investigating a crime scene, Robin encounters a mysterious figure, Talon, who leads him on a life-altering course through the depths of Gotham’s secret society, known as The Court of Owls. It’s a dangerous journey that will force Batman and Robin to face their most dangerous adversary, each other! The film is based on the #1 best-selling graphic novel, “Batman: The Court of Owls.”

“Batman vs. Robin has all the elements of a memorable film – powerful villains, treacherous plot twists and tensions amongst allies,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “Showcasing a fantastic voice cast, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to release Batman vs. Robin as the next DC Universe Original Movie.”

Television stars Jason O’Mara (“Terra Nova,” “Complications”) and Stuart Allan (“Son of Batman”) reprise their roles as the voices of Batman/Bruce Wayne and Robin/Damian, respectively. Adding to the celebrity-laden voice cast is Jeremy Sisto (“Law & Order,” “Suburgatory”) as Talon, singer/songwriter/comedian Al Yankovic as The Dollmaker, David McCallum (“NCIS”) as Alfred, Grey Griffin (“Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends”) as Samantha, Sean Maher (Serenity) as Nightwing, and Kevin Conroy (“Batman: The Animated Series”) as Thomas Wayne.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, the film is directed by Jay Oliva (Batman: Assault on Arkham) from a script by award-winning comic writer J.M. DeMatteis. James Tucker (Justice League: Throne of Atlantis) is supervising producer.

The Batman vs. Robin Blu-ray and Blu-ray Deluxe Edition contain the following special features:

• Gotham’s City Secret: The Mythic Court of Owls – The Court of Owls is the secret society that directly connects the past of Gotham to the current city. Are they silent guardians that are the noble benefactors or are they the malevolent force that manipulates a city toward their grand design?
  • Talons of the Owl – If the Owls are the masterminds, their instruments of destruction are their assassins. Appropriately called The Talons, these warriors are designed to carry out the will of the Owls.
  • Batman vs. Robin Audio Commentary
  • A Sneak Peak at Justice League: Gods & Monsters – An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie with the creators and cast.
  • Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault
Batman vs. Robin DVD contains the following special features:

• A Sneak Peak at Justice League: Gods & Monsters – An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie with the creators.

Son of Batman was decent hope this one is too. Will be good to see Court of Owls storyline done in animation.

I thought Son of Batman was lame. I got 20 minutes in and was already waiting for it to end.

Son of Batman was laughable as an adaptation, and boring as its own thing. It was so bland...

I didn't think Son of Batman was terrible but Naked Bat is right when he called it bland. It was just so dull to sit through. Normally when I watch these I can't wait to watch them again bar a few of course with Son of Batman been one I have no interest in revisiting any time soon. Infact its really ruined my interest for this one and any future Batman DTVs. I think they should do something different like sticking to the JL thing where its a team effort but the focus is on another superhero. Maybe they could do stuff like JL International or JSA.

son of batman needed to be colorful. Damian is a really colorful character. Heck, Robin is a colorful character. Instead, everything was average and bland. The fights were okay but without imagination, the story was uninteresting, characters motivations were average as hell. There wasn't anything special about it. It was so forgettable... The opposite of what a morrison adaptation should be.

While it's nice to have an earlier than normal release date AND a commentary... the special features seem a little sparse this time around.

son of batman needed to be colorful. Damian is a really colorful character. Heck, Robin is a colorful character. Instead, everything was average and bland. The fights were okay but without imagination, the story was uninteresting, characters motivations were average as hell. There wasn't anything special about it. It was so forgettable... The opposite of what a morrison adaptation should be.

:up: nailed it

Also, Deathstroke (BOY was he pointlessly shoehorned into that movie just because he's popular right now) was REALLY lame. Plus they made Ra's al Ghul and the LOA look like amateurs/chumps.

And reducing Talia to a glorified damsel in distress with cleavage/zipper issues was the crap icing on the crap cake. I may have hated Morrison turning into full-on mustache-twirling psycho, but AT LEAST she had AGENCY there. She DID stuff, not just stupidly got herself caught by Lamestroke (that wasn't Slade, that was some idiot who just ripped off his name/look) and needed to be rescued.

Just curious, but does anybody else read Damian with a more clipped and posh, dare I say, English accent? Because that was one of the things that kind of spoiled me on the movie; the voice actor they got sounds fine, but he doesn't sound like the grandson of Ra's Al Ghul raised by Talia Al Ghul, considering those two have always been given some kind of "exotic" accents (with the exception of this movie). And considering the vernacular he tends to use in the comics, I always pictured him as having at the least a very upper crust New England accent (like Winchester in MASH), and generally a bratty English schoolboy voice.

Just curious, but does anybody else read Damian with a more clipped and posh, dare I say, English accent? Because that was one of the things that kind of spoiled me on the movie; the voice actor they got sounds fine, but he doesn't sound like the grandson of Ra's Al Ghul raised by Talia Al Ghul, considering those two have always been given some kind of "exotic" accents (with the exception of this movie). And considering the vernacular he tends to use in the comics, I always pictured him as having at the least a very upper crust New England accent (like Winchester in MASH), and generally a bratty English schoolboy voice.

I don't really read him with any kind of discernable accent personally. However, I do read him as having a more "aristocratic" way of speaking.

Cheers dude.
icon14.gif

Love me some Nightwing.

Cheers dude.
icon14.gif

Love me some Nightwing.

I really enjoyed the bonus scene with Dick and Damian on the Justice League: Throne of Atlantis special features.

I'm sure Tucker and Co. are gearing up for Dick-Bats very soon. :woot:

I personally hope they give Bats a rest soon, it's getting really boring.

Hopefully if they do insist on doing more Bats (which I think they will aslong as the sales are good) then I hope they do team ups with other heroes. I would say in 2016 it would be a no brainer to do another Superman Batman title.

I personally hope they give Bats a rest soon, it's getting really boring.

Hopefully if they do insist on doing more Bats (which I think they will aslong as the sales are good) then I hope they do team ups with other heroes. I would say in 2016 it would be a no brainer to do another Superman Batman title.

Tucker has reiterated many times that (as of right now) the line up every year will be:

- New 52 Justice League
- New 52 Batman
- Out of continuity standalone movie (Such as Batman: Assault on Arkham or the upcoming Justice League: Gods & Monsters)

Son of Batman was the best selling release of last years slate, so it's likely they'll be pushing forward with more Dark Knight movies.

In fact, the two movies which sold the worst in recent years were Superman vs. The Elite and Superman: Unbound. It's not hard to see why they are hesitant to move outside of the Batman/Justice League boundaries.

Last edited:
That's a shame . I really liked Superman vs The Elite.

Tucker has reiterated many times that (as of right now) the line up every year will be:

- New 52 Justice League
- New 52 Batman
- Out of continuity standalone movie (Such as Batman: Assault on Arkham or the upcoming Justice League: Gods & Monsters)

Son of Batman was the best selling release of last years slate, so it's likely they'll be pushing forward with more Dark Knight movies.

In fact, the two movies which sold the worst in recent years was Superman vs. The Elite and Superman: Unbound. It's not hard to see why they are hesitant to move outside of the Batman/Justice League boundaries.

I know that, sales are what impacts them as they should but I think they're gonna get to a point where people get bored of Batman all the time if they continue to constantly make Batman stuff. I think they could use Batman like they are with the New 52 Justice League to push other heroes into the lime light. Team ups are always fun. I still think they'll do another Superman/Batman team up film in 2016 to coincide with Batman v Superman.

The new Batman Unlimited seems to be using that idea but it will be a more kid friendly kind of movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"