DC Universe - Justice League: Gods and Monsters

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
This will probally be the 2015 ANimated film that Is seperate from the New 52 Shared animated universe.

Or as I like to call them the only remaining DC animated films worth taking a look at.

Maybe some DCAU vets like Kevin COnroy can return.

Oh jesus, please have it take place in the JL/JLU universe.

Very doudtful it will.

I accepted back in 2009 when they turned the justice League:When world's clide script into justice league:Crisis on two earths that we will never see a return of the DCAU despite how much I like it.Best to hope for is like Justice League:War a lot of voice actors from DCAU
return.

Yay, a DC animated movie for me to look forward to again! Haven't been a fan of their most recent output, and the notion of more Batman-centric or Geoff Johns-based stories left me cold, but I am definitely hyped for this one. :up:

How did they manage to get this so wrong? Bruce Timm did NOT write or direct this DTV.

According to James Tucker, Alan Burnett wrote it and Sam Liu will be directing. Could be that Bruce Timm is a producer or merely a character designer.

So of course my announcement about BT doing JL: Gods and Monsters gets misreported. Sam Liu is Directing and Alan Burnett wrote it.
However, Gary Miereanu seemed to confirm Bruce Timm (and surely he would know):

Bruce Timm original #JLGodsAndMonsters is coming in 2015.
Plus, Shane Glines claimed that he worked on the movie with Bruce Timm at the start of the year, as well as stating that it will have Timm's designs.

Justice League: Gods & Monsters was officially announced at Comiccon. Worked on this for Bruce Timm earlier this year, it's going to be cool.

Talk about a disappointment!! :csad:

Hopefully this is a Wonder Woman centric Justice League story that's inspired by Azzarello's WW.

The title "Gods and Monsters" seems to have the strongest, obvious connection to Wonder Woman.

But, it could proably mean anything. It may simply be how the villain (e.g. Lex Luthor) refers to the Justice League. It would be good if it did have a Wonder Woman focus.

If it is Wonder Woman centric... would we like a Susan Eisenberg return or somebody else?

I still don't think they've found the perfect Wonder Woman voice. None of the voice actresses for Wonder Woman compare to Conroy as Batman or Daly as Superman. They should keep looking. I think they should go with someone with a more exotic voice to compliment Gadot's WW

I still don't think they've found the perfect Wonder Woman voice. None of the voice actresses for Wonder Woman compare to Conroy as Batman or Daly as Superman. They should keep looking. I think they should go with someone with a more exotic voice to compliment Gadot's WW

Speak for yourself. Susan Eisenberg is the definitive Wonder Woman voice to me. She is miles ahead of most other WW voices that I've heard. Even the 2009 movie one (which I loved to death). When I read Wonder Woman, I read it in her voice.

Yes... Susan has become definitive to me and frankly, she has become become so bloody good at it in recent years. Perhaps her voice has naturally deepened with age but she sounds very natural as Wonder Woman.

Vanessa Marshall would rank second with me.

It's really annoying how we don't know anything about these two new movies lol. =p

I hope this has focus on both Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

No Timm is disappointing but I'll take Sam Liu and Alan Burnett a trillion times over Jay Oliva and Geoff Johns.

From a WB PR:

And potentially premiering at Comic-Con 2015 will be Justice League: Gods and Monsters, marking a return to the DCU films by animation legend Bruce Timm for this special film. Timm developed the original story and many of the character designs for Justice League: Gods and Monsters, and is producing the film. (Note: James Tucker will continue serving as DCU producer following “Gods and Monsters”)

Seems like a special one-off film. Hopefully Timm has a really great DC animated series geared up for Adult Swim/Toonami or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"